Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2016, 06:21 AM   #21
aesir23

Default Re: What Was Your Lowest-Point Campaign Ever?

In 3e it was a "play yourself" game when we were still teens. We mostly came out in the 25-35 point range.

In 4e, I've run a 50 point modern horror game, and it was really successful.

I've also offered a 0 point (w/ 50 points in disadvantages) game (modern survival horror), but no takers.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #22
Donny Brook

I've GMed 125/-45.

I've played 50/-25 plus 50 in super-powers.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #23
dfinlay

I ran a [25] with [-50] disadvantages a while back that was about a group of characters from the late 1800s who were transported to a weird world full of all sorts of monsters. No-one took it seriously and it soon descended into silliness and then ended after a couple of sessions.

I'm currently running a game at [40] with a [-0] disadvantage limit (feel free to take disadvantages, but you get no points for them) and with increased cost for all attributes that feels a lot lower powered than the [25+50]. It's about a group of people, for whom everything was normal in 2010 but at some later point, (201X), wound up living in a city called Wardsville with only vague memories of how they got there. People meander around the city, looking for work, food and entertainment and wind up encountering the weird and fabulous things that call Wardsville home. (slice of life mixed with horror mixed with observation of oddities - an attempt to create something dreamlike). It's been going pretty well.
dfinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #24
Langy

A short 'campaign' - more of a one-shot, really - involving normal people trying to survive the onset of the zombie apocalypse. We were 25 points with -25 possible in disads, if I remember right.

My character was a lady accountant(?) who trained in self-defense after a sexual assault that still haunted her, if I remember right. Also, she rode a motorcycle and had the only 'armor' in the group - her riding gear.

I don't remember if we were told that it was a zombie-survival adventure before the campaign began, but I believe we were not.

The 'campaign' involved us escaping from a hospital and making it to a nearby checkpoint setup by the military. As I said, more of a one-shot than a campaign.

While it can be fun kicking zombies in the head, it really showed that unarmed combat is for suckers - especially at low point totals and versus creatures who, if they bite you, essentially kill you.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, character points, lowest ever, lowest level