Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
Spydr

Default What Sets Do You Mix?

i have munchkin cthulhu, munchkin cthulhu: 3, and munchkin bites mixed. i've ordered munchkin cthulhu: 2, and munchkin bites: 2, to add into the mix. i mixed for no strategy or compatibility. i didn't realize that bites had no classes so the raceless cthulhu set would mix well. i mixed cause these were my favorite themes. so in conclusion i'm mixing munchkin cthulhu and munchkin bites.

what sets and or expansion are you mixing and why? any strategy reasons? mixing a core set with another themes expansion? mixing specific hand picked cards?
Spydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Shredi Knight

Default Re: What Sets Do You Mix?

My group has mixed Star Munchkin and Super Munchkin. We've also mixed Star and The Good, The Bad and The Munchkin and called it Firefly Munchkin.
Shredi Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Spydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredi Knight View Post
...We've also mixed Star and The Good, The Bad and The Munchkin and called it Firefly Munchkin.
ha ha ha, that's a good idea, firefly munchkin!

i'd like some new parody themes. i suggested kaiju, and anime. kaiju cause i think it'd be cool to be the monster and i like cheesy (and good) kaiju. i suggested anime 'cause it's ripe with parodies. not one card should not be a joke with anime. but i doubt my suggestion will be read or considered.

one day i wanna get a bunch of blanks and make a super mario bros. munchkin. maybe not a full set, it might have to be an expansion sized set. my friend wanted to make a munchkin about his friends and boulder city nevada.
Spydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Blu

There is a huge thread on this very subject deeper in the queue. I'm pretty sure they even came up with "names" for mixing every set with each other; it was a pretty neat thread.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
Jherek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredi Knight View Post
We've also mixed Star and The Good, The Bad and The Munchkin and called it Firefly Munchkin.

Heh. I still want to do that one. It sounds like it'd be cool.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jherek View Post
Heh. I still want to do that one. It sounds like it'd be cool.
Perhaps this Friday...Michael is supposed to be here; maybe Tyler too.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
bob2cow

All of them
Old 07-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Dr. Mauric

One of the funnest Munchkin games I've ever played was a mix of The Good The Bad and The Munchkin with Munchkin 4 The Need for Steed- the decks mixed well together and some of the combos that came up were super funny- Orc Indian riding a Hobby Horse (using a Cheat card of course) for example. Or an Elf Dude with My Grandpappy's Saturday Night Boots, or a Hung Over Jackass ... from hell ...with bagpipes.

Another good one was Munchkin Booty with Munchkin Blender (if you can find it)

I think a good idea is to get creative. I've used Fairy Dust and Munchkin More Good Cards and the cards from Munchkin Dice with Super Munchkin 1&2-that gets weird- you kind of have to cherry pick the More Good Cards- otherwise you have lots of enhancers but nothing to enhance. Trial and error is part of the fun.
Dr. Mauric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
Kauboi

My group and I have found that, at least for us, there are certain expansions that serve well as a core set, while others don't play so well on their own as they do as a 'mix-in' with the stronger core sets.

Again, the following is just our opinion:

Core Sets: Original Munchkin, Star Munchkin, Super Munchkin
Mix-In Sets: Munchkin Bites, Munchkin Fu, Munchkin Impossible, TGTBATM, and Munchkin Booty.

We are still of the mind that Munchkin Cthulhu is still too evil to subject any other expansion to it.

p.s. Please let me know if anyone has found a manufacturer who makes a dealer's shoe large enough to incorporate all of the cards...we dream so big...

Last edited by Kauboi; 07-12-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Add p.s.
Kauboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blending, combine, deck, expansion, mix, munchkin, strategy