Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #51
Sindri

Default Re: Clothing in Spaaaaaaace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1A.2 View Post
To be brutally realistic, the most likely optimal spot is probably 1G, because that's our native environment.
Once you hit the gravity necessary to avoid permanent damage which would likely be at least a bit lower than 1G it seems that staying low would be better for reducing stress on the body.

I think it's most likely that people will be most comfortable in 1G because it's our native environment though.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
Or cause most people to rapidly burn out. Perhaps fashion is a thing of the young and the dedicated. The progress of current fashion through a group might be more regular. First the bleeding edge people adopt something. Then it goes to those below them in adoption speed who just finished wearing something ten generations of fashion ago above them. It might take a while (Comparatively.) to work all the way down.

The moment your little sibling or parents like something it has lost its haute couture status.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #53
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
No more than a process server is a police officer.you will not be arrested you will be given notice of a lawsuit.
Yes, but Fashion Police are funnier. =P
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #54
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:

I think it's most likely that people will be most comfortable in 1G because it's our native environment though.
After a hard day's work, I doubt many would dislike a lower gravity. I'm thinking 0.9 or 0.8 g not mars level though.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #55
Sindri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
After a hard day's work, I doubt many would dislike a lower gravity. I'm thinking 0.9 or 0.8 g not mars level though.
In general yeah but I can see there being small effects on the body that don't impact long term health and only manifest after a while in lower gravity that annoy people.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #56
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
In general yeah but I can see there being small effects on the body that don't impact long term health and only manifest after a while in lower gravity that annoy people.
I can't imagine any from just 0.8 to 0.9 g. But with completely zero examples, it's anybody's guess.
I almost know that that would help my GF's foot swelling problem, my mother's badly healed bunion removal, and her husband's knee issues, for examples.
I doubt even futuristic medicine will ever completely heal every problem back to factory settings.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #57
Fred Brackin

Quote:
No more than a process server is a police officer.you will not be arrested you will be given notice of a lawsuit.

Well assuming that copyright laws don't get more draconian.
If you assume one unreasonable thing why not assume two?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #58
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
That way leads to chaos. I like to have only one or two impossible features in my universes.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #59
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Isn't there one suggested writing rule for science fiction about limiting your self to one implausible change?

Anyway I didn't say it was unreasonable if you look it in the context of some SWAT style raids that have been done on the behests of some major copyright players.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
wellspring

Quote:
Isn't there one suggested writing rule for science fiction about limiting your self to one implausible change?

Anyway I didn't say it was unreasonable if you look it in the context of some SWAT style raids that have been done on the behests of some major copyright players.
You beat me to it.

I could go on about the DMCA, SOPA, Hilary Rosen's tenure at RIAA... but this is Steve Jackson Games. This of all message boards is the last place I'd expect to find someone underestimating the zeal and draconian measures the feds will undertake to enforce private intellectual property rights.
wellspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothing, fashion, freefall, space, ultra-tech