Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Miniatures

Old 07-06-2023, 04:33 PM   #1
CaptainSnake

Default OGRE Minins rules questions

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but for lack of a better alternative I will post it here and in the OGRE GEV section of the forums.

My questions pertain to OGRE Minis, using the 2nd edition rulebook.

1) Is there any situation, be it overrun combat or normal combat, where an AP weapon on a SUPH or OGRE (or other possible platforms/mounts) automatically fires before any other weapon or unit? A player in my club insists that APs ALWAYS fire first, allowing no return fire from any unit eliminated by the AP, regardless of the type of combat, and regardless of whether they are the attacker or defender. Please set this straight for us.

2)Do the overrun rules apply to OGREs and SUPHvys in the same way as ALL other vehicles and INF with a few exceptions for rams and INF breaking down into squads for overrun?

3) Is there ANY circumstance in an overrun where ANY attacking unit will/would fire first?

4) Do OGRE overruns have their own rules or do they use the same ones as everyone else? I know somewhat redundant but I am trying to answer all dissenting views.

5) Looking at the pic on page 33 seems to imply that an OGRE can never be involved in an overrun on it's turn unless it wants to be? As the INF on the side is not close enough to the conning tower to be within an inch for an overrun if the defender called for a template check. Is this correct for that size model and what about other sizes and shapes. Is there a clear ruling on each size or is it model by model?

6) Does the attacker initiate the overrun as it says on page 32, or can the defender just move out of the way if it doesn't want to be overrun?

7) Are OGREs limited to attacking INF with AP only or can they use any weapon against INF?

8) Can INF only get into an overrun with an OGRE on the INF turn? Or can INF be overrun by an OGRE on the OGREs turn?

9) Is the OGRE ALWAYS the defender in an overrun?

10) Can you give me any other clarifications or errata for oveerrus involving INF and OGREs or just OGREs or anyhting at all?

Thanks to whoever at the Company has time for this.

1981 Graduate of OGRE University's College of Destruction
Graduated Maxum Boom Loudi with a Master's in GEV Strategy

On the endless quest to Blacksmoke another OGRE!

"I'M YER HUCKLEBERRY!"
CaptainSnake is offline   Reply With Quote