Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #101
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Dead Airway [OC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Bedard View Post
Chapter 2 pits the PC's against more evolved forms of the infected, as well as Hydes being more common. the parasites become more intelligent and keep their bodies from rotting, to the point where they can hide in human society... So the 10 points might help a lot.
So much international bio-weapon attention for a little airport in Maine!

Those leader type "Hydes" are scary... I did 3d+1 (x4 for the brain (unless they don't have brains)) twice and it still took another shotgun blast to bring it down!
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #102
Justin_Bedard

Hydes have a base HP of 50, and aren't unnatural, giving them a chance to survive up to 300 damage! You alone did like... 53 damage, I think? Red did 48 x 4, E.g. the colorful exploding skull.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #103
Skullcrusher

300 points to bring them down....I am glad you are shelling out more points.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #104
Justin_Bedard

yeah, well Hyde's are still somewhat easy to kill...

You'll love what's coming up thought!

On a side note, Here's what a jekyll looks like.
Also, it's not only happening in the Freemont Airport, it's attacking on a continential scale. All of north america's airports have the same three (or more) diseases aboard them. It's also been spread by ships, kiddnapped and mutated visitors, etc. The F.E.E.D (Forced Evolution E.D. (Still brainstorming the exact anagram)) virus is applied to a basic entity, a disease or parasite, and mutates it into something horrific. For example, Jekylls are the combination of FEED, the common tapeworm, and some genetic splicing.

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-14-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #105
the_matrix_walker

Cool drawing!

Slow it down though! Give Skullcrusher a chance, he might not to run! I get that your anxious, but double posting is a sure sign of rushing ;)

Also, when I said he was "Ushering them" that meant he's trying to herd them along and cover them, not run off and hope they keep up.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #106
Skullcrusher

guys its difficult for me to post on the weekends....i want to spend time with my family...if you could please slow down and wait I promise I will post on the weekdays

Old 02-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #107
Skullcrusher

Ok I got some time. Disappointing that Charles and the dog got killed. I would've figured they would've stayed put where they were. Oh well guess 2 less NPC's for the GM top worry about.

If the double doors are 40 feet away the group (estimating our average speed of being 4 yards per second....would be we would get there in approx 3.3 seconds. so I say we book it to security office....jump in the baggage cart and hit tail it to the Security office....

BTW Butch took the keys to the cart so Red and the Captain would have to hoof it there.

Also Butch, now armed would be blasting the Titanic create in front of him...It has to be Size Modifier of at least 2 if not 3....thus that gives us a +32 or 3 to hit it......booyah!

Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #108
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
(Roscoe: 7/7. Butch: 13/6. Glenn: 6/6)
Finally reaching the main area, Glenn looks towards the main tunnel. "O-oh god!" He says, realizing what it was. Insanely tall, the thing stood over 12 feet tall. it seemed as if it's small legs couldn't support it, but somehow did. Its upper body expanded outward, to insane lengths. it's head was shrunken in comparison. The titan saw the group with ease, screeching at them. Alerting the other infected they begin to climb the staircases.

AREA:
The group is SW, facing N. they are 70 feet away from the closed doors.
The titan is NW, 45 feet from the group.
Infected Horde A is 15 feet from the group, walking up the stairs. they'll be up in 20 seconds.
Infected Horde B is 125 feet away, Walking up the stairs. They'll be up in 20 seconds.
After you posted this, I asked for information the character would already know from walking through the area currently (and once before on the way in).

Then I posted my 1 second combat round action of drawing Rosco's pistol, I assumed the "Ushering" could be a gestural free action...

Now we've jumped 5 or 6 seconds. As Skullcrusher pointed out, we could get to the double doors in less time than you have advanced, and we'd be shooting at the thing on the way.

So should we make some Gun rolls for fighting on the move for the (5 or) 6 seconds that have passed? Or were we all on autopilot in your cinematic cut-scene?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #109
Justin_Bedard

The group has a basic move of 5, but they're not all-out sprinting. At the moment, they're currently jogging at a speed of 5-7 feet a second, or 2-3 strides a second. I don't know the exact ruling, but any faster and it might cause a penalty to aiming.

Regarding the second action move, i'm gonna delete that and wait till you guy's post your actions.

I'm having blackouts in my area, I might lose WI-FI soon. so
Old 02-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #110
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
The group has a basic move of 5, but they're not all-out sprinting. At the moment, they're currently jogging at a speed of 5-7 feet a second, or 2-3 strides a second. I don't know the exact ruling, but any faster and it might cause a penalty to aiming.
It would be more efficient if you could give distances in Yards, since that's how far your move takes you.

If you step (1 yard) and attack, there is no penalty to weapons fire.

If you Move and Attack (run your full Move, What we will most likely be doing for most of the coming actions) you move up to your full Basic Move, and skill rolls for weapons fire are penalized by -2, or the bulk rating of your gun, whichever is worse.
(Note: Rosco is a Gunslinger, so he does not suffer the bulk penalty, but he also does not get his awesome Acc, so his effective skill will drop to 15.)

Quote:

Regarding the second action move, i'm gonna delete that and wait till you guy's post your actions.
Ok thanks.

Tags
gurps 4e, horror, pbp, zombies