Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Kamickalo

Default Extra Effort

How much would you charge for the (somewhat cosmic) ability to utilize more than one Extra-Effort maneuver per turn? I imagine it would best be placed under the heading of "Unusual Background", and I realize that it has some potential for unbalancing effect. Seems like it could be awfully fun though.
Kamickalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
khorboth

Default Re: Extra Effort

Um... Is there a rule against that? We've done that all the time. As far as I know, the only ones that are incompatable are Flurry of Blows and the increased damage whose name eludes me.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Stupid Jedi

IDHMBWM, be I seem to remember that there is a rule stating that you can only use one Extra Effort per turn. I use an advantage called Heroic Effort [15] that allows characters to use extra effort multiple times per turn.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
PK

You can use as much Extra Effort as you'd like each turn. The only rule is that you can only use one type of EE for offense, and one type for defense, each turn. So you can't use (e.g.) Flurry of Blows to make a Rapid Strike, then use Mighty Blows on each of the two attacks.

If you want to get around that restriction, I'd say it's a perk (Extra Option: Unrestricted Extra Effort Use) in most games, because EE is pretty much just a great way to end up exhausted halfway through a fight. If your game features characters with FP 20+, though, maybe up it to a 5-point UB for balance.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra effort