Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #61
Pragmatic
Ceci n'est pas une tag.

Default Re: Girl Genius Update

I bought this. Not worried about the Kickstarter (I'll happily buy the hardcover), SJ Games will get my money both ways! :)
Old 08-30-2021, 02:53 AM   #62
DreadDomain

I do not know/never read Girl Genius nor does it fit my fields of interest but I still jumped on it because it is a Powered by GURPS book.

I am generally quite pleased by the product. The book looks generally better than an average 4e hardcover. I like the gears in the template, I like the background color of the pages and the art is plentiful and colorful.

As far as Powered by GURPS games, it is probably the better organised and integrated. The rules are streamlned to fit the subject (with a few simplifications and additions here and there) and the lists (skills, advantages, disadvantages) have been trimmed to what is necessary.

While the meaning of the values of attributes is clearly stated, I haven't seen the same for the meaning of the values of skills. Maybe I have just missed it.

I would have liked to see tables to list skills, advantages and disadvantages.

Nonetheless, this is the type of books I'd like to see in the future. I would love to see a Powered by GURPS Monster Hunters. Or Madness Dossier. Or IST. Or something else.

Last edited by DreadDomain; 08-30-2021 at 02:57 AM.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:34 AM   #63
Scormey

I was wondering if we have any idea when the KS campaign will launch? I have already set it to notify me via email when it does, but I get a LOT of such emails, and don't want to miss this one.
Scormey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:48 AM   #64
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scormey View Post
I was wondering if we have any idea when the KS campaign will launch? I have already set it to notify me via email when it does, but I get a LOT of such emails, and don't want to miss this one.
No date at this time. Still working on various things.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl genius