Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #21
Jame

Default Re: The most "evil" PC you ever played/seen?

I think I come closer to brash loudmouths than to evil.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
panton41

In the first RPG I ever played (Heroes Unlimited) I was a "spider man" who looked like a 6 foot tall anthropmorphic spider. I was on the run, ended up in a farm, and ate the prize-winning pig spider-style (wrapped it up, bit it and drained the juices), then wove a web in the barn door saying "Some Pig".

Hey, from a 5th grader who'd been read Charlotte's Web in class that's pretty sadistic.

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Whoa, didn't expect that from you, given your history of campaigns played.
I was trying something different but everything I wante to do got shot down by the others...

lol

who'da thunk?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 AM   #24
B9anders

wow.

The closest I ever came to was a secretly callous mage who pawned all the useful magic items without telling the others and repeatedly assured the party swashbuckler that of course he cast mage armor on him without ever doing so after he slighted him.

He ended up offering to betray all his comrades in a 'final showdown' scenario our GM has scripted as unwinnable, but to be saved by external help in the last second (kind of a crappy campaign finish really). Looked a bit silly for his turncoat ways (the other fools looked to die heroically), but the GM ended up looking even sillier when he sheepishly introduced his deus ex machina moments later.

Edit: That an a shadowrun character who sold out his mates for anything and had no qualms about starting fights and leaving them to deal with the mess.
B9anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 AM   #25
Ts_

The most evil PC? That probably was the original were-PC. Its was built using Hitler's keyboard and KITT's blinkenlights ...

More on topic: When I tried an evil PC, I couldn't bring myself to do the really evil stuff I had envisioned for the character and stopped playing with him. (He's therefore eternally stuck at a street thug / loudmouth level.)

Cool thread, though.
Ts
Ts_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #26
MattStriker

The closest I've ever come was Hawke, my rogue/fighter in a DnD 3.5 campaign.

He was technically a good guy. Ended up saving the world, too...and didn't even want money for it :P.

Unless slavery was involved.

The character had a bit of a history with slavers. Having your parents murdered in front of you and then getting sold into slavery at age 5 tends to leave an impression.

So whenever we met somebody connected to slavery...they'd die. Eventually. After a lot of screaming and begging...not to be freed, but for Hawke to finally end it and kill them. We ran into drow at some point, and even they were impressed (and somewhat disturbed) by Hawke's capacity for creative cruelty.

The same character also killed some slaves when it turned out that we couldn't free them, because 'death is preferable to life in slavery'.
MattStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #27
The Bearded One

I have always had a very hard time playing evil characters in rpgs. I can do it with NPCs as a GM, but that's not what this thread is about.

My closest example was Red, a character I played in a Mage: the Ascension campaign (one of the very best campaigns I've ever been in). She was a good person who specialized in Entropy and Mind magic among a group of other mages who had taken it upon themselves to put an end to a major demon (who could switch bodies almost at will).
Toward the end of the campaign, Red found out that she was pregnant with twins, and she realized that even if the party killed the demon's current body, it would just jump into another -- perhaps one of her unborn children's bodies. In order to try to prevent that from happening, she willingly became the demon's minion, essentially selling her soul to save her unborn kids.
When the final battle arrived, the other PCs were somewhat shocked that Red had switched to the demon's side, but they had enough magical power and allies that they ended the demon anyway; Red was only knocked out, so she got a happy ending also.

-- The Bearded One
Player - G4e Sex Crossbows (Dungeon Fantasy)
Player - Deadlands
The Bearded One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #28
DAT

Well I did have a modern character that was employeed as and IRS auditor and ran a phone telemarketing service on the side ...

Does than count?
-Dan
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
smurf
Banned

Cyberpunk

Hungarian Mercenary. Secret war crimminal, with a Romanian hit squad after him.

His paranoia was acute and he spoke to his gun (he actually held conversations with it), often he would sit in the dark, even make the other pcs endure it too.

All they knew was he was mad, crazy and on their side. Don't **** him off.

I wouldn't call him 'evil'... indifferent would be a better discription.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #30
darksaba

The problem with good and evil is they're abstracts and some people think they can make their characters evil by writing the word on a character sheet, much in the same way you'd assign gender.

The most evil character (I've played recently) was a DnD4e Goliath Fighter who believed that his fight against evil was just and righteous, and had a habit of turning the body parts of his fallen victims (usually kobolds) into armour. He also tended to mutilate corpses and go in for a bit of torture against evil foes and he'd never lay down his life heroically(ie suicidally) as that would be a waste. And he sincerely believed himself to be a good person.

Recently I ran an evil game where all the players committed acts of unspeakable evil, all the while believing they were doing it for the side of good. Great fun.

Tags
evil, your stories