Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 07-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
ajardoor

Default The most "evil" PC you ever played/seen?

See thread title.

My own was an American Federal agent (ATF, if you must know) who was a greedy, jealous, selfish woman who resented her sister for petty reasons and took bribes from right wing militia fanatics.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
Phantasm

Default Re: The most "evil" PC you ever played/seen?

The most Evil PC I've seen was in a Rifts game... an elf Shifter named Fred, who was prone to casting Call Lightning on anyone who uttered "may God strike me down..." (among other feats). He was an utter arrogant slimeball.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
PK

In a Nobilis game, my friend Brian played the Power of Happiness, who (as a mortal) was a child rapist who lived in a trailer and killed for money. (As a hired thug, not an "assassin," mind you.) He was pretty horrific. The first time the party met, when they were still mortal, one of the PCs -- an inmate from a mental institution -- kept babbling, so he shot her and left her for dead.

(The character might seem disruptive, but trust me, it wasn't -- moral conflict is a huge part of the game.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Ronnke

In a GURPS Shadowrun conversion. The character was an attractive well accomplished doctor. However, she placed no value on life and would kill/murder anyone if it served her purposes.
Ronnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
LemmingLord

My friend played a mute psychic/mage that would encourage people to voluntarily let them into their minds to assist in communication, then reprogram them with fanatical loyalty to him (or, in one case, six multiple personalities including Bozo the Barbarian).
Old 07-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
ladyarcana55

In a Shadowrun game my husband was in, one of the PCs used his resources to buy his own Shadowrun group. At one point, while the rest of the group was working on a mission, he sent his team to retrieve the item and bring it to him but he didn't tell the group. So all of a sudden they get a call saying that the mission is done and the funds paid.

They were SO ******! One of them took out a contract on the guy and the GM made sure that did not happen again.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Steamteck

Back in college in a very strange D&D game. My wife played an evil fighter who went all groupie on Arioch when they encountered him. He made her into a demon

One of the other players was bugging her for a a magic item so she possessed him and walked him off a cliff. She of course releases him before he was all the way down

Another PC of that era had mind control and would ask village girls if they were virgins . if the poor mind controlled lass answered yes . Off for sacrifice. The GM wouldn't let him tie babies to his mens shields in his battle vs the local warlord The narrow minded fellow said they would die and enrage the enemy. A priestess of Horus eventually killed him after she freed herself from being possessed by his dead lover
Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
macphersonrants

I once played an extremely powerful dark elf mage who was the high priest of the god of hate and loathing. As such, his sole purpose was to encourage and spread the worst sorts of animosity. I played this character over a long period of time and it came to be kind of disturbing the sort of things I came up with when running him. I've played several anti-heroes, but this particular character was different- the worst sort of villain with a sense of honor and personal loyalty being about his only redeeming traits. It was kind of akin to running Sauron as a PC.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
ajardoor

Only two examples from Shadowrun? Surprising...
Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
Captain-Captain

The Villain who gets the most intense reactions from our Group was Dr. Daniel Nathan Archer, or Doctor DNA if you prefer. Not to be confused with the Dr. DNA of a Villains & Vigilantes adventure.

This Doc DNA concluded Humankind was dooming itself by developing cures that allowed people who 'should be' culled from the herd to continue to breed. His plots have included infecting first respondents with mutated Anthrax (They'll spread it faster before succumbing themselves) and manipulating heroes and villains into fighting in places that destroys the city's infrastructure, making it easier to eliminate the weak.

It's not just that he's convinced of the rightness of his cause, he's able to back up his arguments and often ties up a player or two in debate, usually in the middle of combat.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evil, your stories