Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > SJ Games Discussion

Old 09-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #881
Refplace

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
It would all depend on how deep a discount the Kickstarter backers received when they backed the project. When we planned the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Kickstarter project -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wered-by-gurps -- we were careful to balance costs and reward, seeking a middle ground where supporters, if stretch goals were unlocked, would receive a great deal _without_ turning the project into a financial nightmare.

We learned a lot from the Ogre Kickstarter project, tested a few things with Car Wars Arenas, and will learn more once the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game project successfully closes.
This is my first kickstarter, I was unemployed when Ogre came out and missed hearing about Car Wars Arenas.
So I don't have much experience to evaluate with but I think you did an excellent job here.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #882
johndallman
Night Watchman

This is my twenty-second Kickstarter, and it's been extremely professional: the company has done an excellent job of running it.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #883
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
This is my twenty-second Kickstarter, and it's been extremely professional: the company has done an excellent job of running it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
This is my first kickstarter, I was unemployed when Ogre came out and missed hearing about Car Wars Arenas.
So I don't have much experience to evaluate with but I think you did an excellent job here.
Thanks, guys. This is my third Kickstarter with SJGames and . . . checking . . . fourteenth total and things feel like they're going as the team planned. (Though my personal projects -- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...issues-1-and-2 -- are way, way smaller and niche.)

Our goals for the project have been:

* Make the game.
* On time.
* Show a profit.

Everything is still going in that direction and going smoothly.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 01:05 PM   #884
Joe

Hear hear!

From this end, it seemed like it all went very smoothly. Congratulations!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:09 AM   #885
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
From this end, it seemed like it all went very smoothly. Congratulations!
Thank you. Now for the hard part: Completing the game and delivering on schedule. We're working at that part now.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:53 AM   #886
Nikosandros

Quote:
Thank you. Now for the hard part: Completing the game and delivering on schedule. We're working at that part now.
I have the utmost confidence on SJ Games capability to deliver a top notch product. :-)
Nikosandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #887
Anders

Apparently there's a theory of organizational management and business ethics called Stakeholder theory*. Is that what Steve is doing and is that why the report is called "Report To The Stakeholder"?

*It may also be valuable for vampire hunters
Old 12-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #888
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Apparently there's a theory of organizational management and business ethics called Stakeholder theory*. Is that what Steve is doing and is that why the report is called "Report To The Stakeholder"?
Essentially, yes. Or at least that's how it looks to me from outside the company.

It's one of the reasons why I like Steve Jackson Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
*It may also be valuable for vampire hunters
Or butchers who can't spell.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #889
Refplace

Steve Jackson used to put how important it was for the customers to have a feel for the company and how he felt they were an important part of the company. A lot of companies feel the stockholder is the most important part and have a short term attitude that hurts the company long term.
SJG always made great products but the reason IMHO they have survived so well is they have great customer service and take care of their customers, including business partners like authors, distributors and retailers.
It simply is a pleasure to deal with them on almost any level and that is not true of many other companies.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #890
ArchonShiva

Quote:
Thanks, guys. This is my third Kickstarter with SJGames and . . . checking . . . fourteenth total and things feel like they're going as the team planned.
Damn you guys are in control... I'm north of 160 projects, discounting other crowdfunding platforms.

Still really excited about most of the SJG stuff.
ArchonShiva is offline   Reply With Quote