Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-27-2020, 05:44 AM   #61
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Useful Low-Powered Abilities [Powers/Supers]

Computer Brain uses computer programs, which are digital records that can be easily copied and found on the Internet, so they are going to be cheaper (and that is just a suggested cost, I use a similar cost for Computer Brain in my games for legitimate programs). Basic (p. 71) says that the GM determines the cash cost of the materials for Super-Memorization, and my costs are comparable to the costs given for Grimoires from RPM, if you replace the cost per +1 for one ritual to cost per CP for a broader skill. Now, everyone will have their own costs, and $100 per CP may be suitable for some settings, though that would represent books you could get from a Barnes & Noble or that you could purchase on a Kindle in contemporary society.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:55 AM   #62
Anders

$128,000 for 8 points sounds like way too much. For comparison, brain chips in Ultra-Tech cost $1,000 per point at TL 9. I wouldn't go much higher than that, or you're making the advantage pointless.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #63
Donny Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Always On and Transient are mutually exclusive categories by definition. You cannot have an ability that applies to both categories.
1. The applicability of Maximum Duration is not defined in reference to those categories.

2. Modular Abilities is not Transient.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #64
awesomenessofme1

How exactly would you consume $128,000 worth of textbooks in 8 seconds? It'd be tough just flipping through one textbook per second, and that would be dozens, if not hundreds.
awesomenessofme1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powers, supers