Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2021, 07:45 AM   #511
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
The aim is tonight, yes.

Maybe once we're ready to rob the last armory, we could consider starting a fire in one of the security bunkrooms then jamming the doors closed.

Make a stealth roll to get out of your living quarters, and another to make it into security quarters.


Once in the quarters, How will you be accessing the weapons lockers to disable the weapons?


OOC: you may continue your meeting at night
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #512
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Make a stealth roll to get out of your living quarters, and another to make it into security quarters.

Once in the quarters, How will you be accessing the weapons lockers to disable the weapons?
If I recall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
confuse + elecops for +4 [to traps]
And then lockpicking to open the lock. No refraction roll?

Anyway, trucking along:
Quote:
[322] 21-03-08 18:09:21 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
[323] 21-03-08 18:09:27 CET
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
[324] 21-03-08 18:10:33 CET
Elec Ops
3d6 <= 14 : 4 + 3 + 5 = 12 ... success
[325] 21-03-08 18:11:23 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
[326] 21-03-08 18:11:48 CET
Traps (with +4)
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
Whoops, Traps should have had an additional -2, so <=15. Carrying on:
Quote:
[327] 21-03-08 18:14:56 CET
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 12 : 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
[328] 21-03-08 18:16:06 CET
Armory
3d6 <= 13 : 6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... failure
[329] 21-03-08 18:16:21 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 3 + 2 = 11 ... success
I'm not sure what a mixed failure-success for means. Reattempt?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #513
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm not sure what a mixed failure-success for means. Reattempt?
OOC: Remember you have luck! But let's see what Erick says.

BTW Erick, what skills would I need to start the fire Hua sugggested?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #514
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If I recall:

And then lockpicking to open the lock. No refraction roll?

Anyway, trucking along:

Whoops, Traps should have had an additional -2, so <=15. Carrying on:

I'm not sure what a mixed failure-success for means. Reattempt?

So from your rolls I'm gathering that Hua went to an armory door, disabled the alarm, opened the lock, and is inside disabling the weapons one by one, leaving the door mostly shut but cracked so she doesn't get locked in. Is this the case?


If this is the case, she goes looking for where to disable the guns, but it unsure. If she wants to be sure, she'll need to dissemble a weapon, inspect its innards, reassemble it, disable it, and then either test it to see if it fires or live with the second failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
BTW Erick, what skills would I need to start the fire Hua sugggested?
To light the flame or unsure it burns well?


To light the flame you need, traps, electrician, some other skill creatively used, or the right ergokinetic powers (which you have).


To make sure it burns well... that's probably traps or possibly a few other niche skills. Plus a bunch of fuel that living quarters don't have. The hydrogen bricks, lasing fluid, and rocket fuel are flamable enough that the rest of the ship, such as living quarters, are fairly well fire-proofed.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #515
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
After commenting on the team’s plan, Pacifica asks Day for help in brainwashing Nejora. She suggests doing it during the change of shifts.

… bumping into Nejora would be the first option, but if that does not work, I guess I can make you ask for an apology and then work our way to a handshake of sorts.

Pacifica explains Nejora will be “good” with “Fanaticism Pacifica”. Remarking that such a “disadvantage” would place her above Nejora’s duties and beliefs.
Assuming the meet-up with Nejora is arranged, Day will attempt to use Mental Surgery on her.

The first roll failed, I used Luck to reroll twice (and forgot to define the success threshold), so the best he managed was success by 5.

[331] 21-03-08 22:12:14 CET

Luck rerolls

3d6 <= 0
1: 2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... failure
2: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... failure

sum: 23, average: 11.50, success: 0/2 0%

[330] 21-03-08 22:11:55 CET -

Mental Surgery on Nejora, inflicting Fanaticism (Loyalty to Pacifica)

3d6 <= 15
4 + 6 + 6 = 16 ... failure
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 06-03-2021 at 02:21 PM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #516
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So from your rolls I'm gathering that Hua went to an armory door, disabled the alarm, opened the lock, and is inside disabling the weapons one by one, leaving the door mostly shut but cracked so she doesn't get locked in. Is this the case?
Oh, yes, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If this is the case, she goes looking for where to disable the guns, but it unsure. If she wants to be sure, she'll need to dissemble a weapon, inspect its innards, reassemble it, disable it, and then either test it to see if it fires or live with the second failure.
Hm... Do I have the tools to do that? Would firing a laser be loud or just destructive?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #517
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

When it comes to officers and other relevant staff, thatís floors 10, 11 and 12... right? As having the fire work seems hard, I am thinking of messing with the elevators. How about it? If the elevators stop working then we can have control over the routes inside the ship, and make a diversion.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #518
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
When it comes to officers and other relevant staff, thatís floors 10, 11 and 12... right? As having the fire work seems hard, I am thinking of messing with the elevators. How about it? If the elevators stop working then we can have control over the routes inside the ship, and make a diversion.
Well, sure but then they could use the stairs.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #519
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, sure but then they could use the stairs.
Yes, that's the point. And they will have to fix the elevators too, because it will hinder the alleged cargo-operation.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:13 AM   #520
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Assuming the meet-up with Nejora is arranged, Day will attempt to use Mental Surgery on her.
Could I get an acting roll from both Pacficia and Daymar, and a DX roll from Daymar?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm... Do I have the tools to do that? Would firing a laser be loud or just destructive?
The weapon can be field stripped, so everything needed to do that is with the weapon, plus you have the tools you used to get in. So yes.



the lasing is loud like a coach at a soccer game, but not like a gunpowder weapon.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.