Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #261
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The filler is in 2lb cases, so its reasonably bulky. maybe the size of a soup bowl, but more square. To convert it into the right shape you'll need cooking supplies.
Alright. Newest plan:

1) Stash filler in pillow or something

2) Slip away at a convenient moment, break into Botha's locker, and hide the drugs in there (and by hide I mean hide it from her too). Her partner can't account for her whereabouts ;)

3) My mess is one of the adjoining messes, right? I imagine they follow the same schedule as us, right? In the middle of the night (or at least when everyone in my section's asleep), slip over to my mess, make the filler into pills, rinse the waste and the original pills.

Just want to reality check it first.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #262
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day is relieved that it looks like there is still plenty of time left. Has he heard anything further about actions that might be attributed to either the pyro or the Fifth Spinward Republic fanatic? He is contemplating creating more "time bombs" with mental surgery.

No word on either of the time bombs yet. Its only been a couple of days... though you'd think that the fanatic would show up sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Alright. Newest plan:

1) Stash filler in pillow or something

2) Slip away at a convenient moment, break into Botha's locker, and hide the drugs in there (and by hide I mean hide it from her too). Her partner can't account for her whereabouts ;)

3) My mess is one of the adjoining messes, right? I imagine they follow the same schedule as us, right? In the middle of the night (or at least when everyone in my section's asleep), slip over to my mess, make the filler into pills, rinse the waste and the original pills.

Just want to reality check it first.

Number one is doable. Number two should be doable. Number three has the hitch that the kitchens and mess are used by more than one shift in a section, so as the first shift leaves the second shift starts coming in. The crew are also encouraged to spend their free time in the mess (though the kitchen can be separated from it. The mess is almost always in use, and the adjoining kitchen is more often than not. you should be able to sneak out of your bunk room while they're all asleep though.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #263
GnomesofZurich

Okay, Day has a new plan: more time bombs. For this, he will need to put Pothi somewhere safe for a little while, and is finally going to make use of the Disguise skill he put points in. To get Pothi out of commission for a little while with no lasting damage, is there something he can slip into his food that will leave on or kneeling in front of the toilet for a bit?

Day then plans on disguising himself, and move through a crowded area, using Mental Surgery on a half-dozen or more targets to create more distractions for the powers-that-be, and potentially Suggestion as well if someone catches on to what he's doing.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #264
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
is there something he can slip into his food that will leave on or kneeling in front of the toilet for a bit?

You mean like an industrial chemical?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #265
TGLS

Right. I'll tell Botha I'd like to go rest (Fast-Talk? I dunno, seems plausible without roll), I'll lie in my bunk for a little while and then hide the filler under the pillow or something (Camouflage I'm sure).

I'm sure I'll need to come up with an excuse to head down to deck 3 to get at Botha's locker so I can frame her (Fast-talk, then Lockpicking). Then, I'd want to spend time in the mess doing, I dunno, I'm sure something's happening there. What I really want to do is keep tabs on the kitchen staff to see if there are periods when no one's in the kitchen (observation, maybe a shift change?). Surely the next shift has a similar schedule.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:35 AM   #266
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
You mean like an industrial chemical?
A diuretic or something of that nature.
Old 11-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #267
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Right. I'll tell Botha I'd like to go rest (Fast-Talk? I dunno, seems plausible without roll), I'll lie in my bunk for a little while and then hide the filler under the pillow or something (Camouflage I'm sure).
Going to bed early does not require a roll.

Smuggling is the most appropriate. Holdout or Camouflage at -2 are also options.

Quote:
I'm sure I'll need to come up with an excuse to head down to deck 3 to get at Botha's locker so I can frame her (Fast-talk, then Lockpicking). Then, I'd want to spend time in the mess doing, I dunno, I'm sure something's happening there. What I really want to do is keep tabs on the kitchen staff to see if there are periods when no one's in the kitchen (observation, maybe a shift change?). Surely the next shift has a similar schedule.

Going down to the lockers alone is one of those things that most folks (but not sticklers) bend the rules on. If you want to look above the board, you can grab an impromptu "buddy" who also needs to use the lockers, hopefully one who won't be able to see what you are doing. The lockers are built into the walls, but vehicles are parked between them, so you want someone on the other wall.

Hanging out in the mess is easy. They encourage it. Its the one place you can watch films or access the extremely limited internet (read only, only ship files). People also constantly chat, and its generally the official "Hang out" area.

Observation can determine the cooking staff's schedule.

Quote:
A diuretic or something of that nature.
Ok, roll housekeeping, first aid, hazardous materials (chemical) or some other appropriate skill to identify a safe one on board, or use suggestion to obtain one medically.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #268
TGLS

I decide to go take a nap for half an hour, in part to hide the filler, and in part because all this sneaking around is stressful.

Camouflage at -2 to hide the filler:
Quote:
[160] 20-11-05 21:54:22 CET
Camouflage - 2
3d6 <= 16 : 5 + 5 + 6 = 16 ... success
After a short nap, I'll head over to the mess to try and get a handle on the kitchen staff's schedule
Quote:
[161] 20-11-05 22:08:15 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13 : 1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success
I'll wait around in the mess until I notice someone looking to go to their locker, that has no line of sight to Botha's. IQ? I dunno what I can roll for this.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #269
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Camouflage at -2 to hide the filler:
Wow, that's a really high camouflage score. Its hard to hide a large object in a military bed, but Hua somehow manages it.

Quote:
I'll wait around in the mess until I notice someone looking to go to their locker, that has no line of sight to Botha's. IQ? I dunno what I can roll for this.
That would be observation again. (I rolled a 12 for you)

Hua spots "Tie Pie" (nickname), a guy in her section heading down. The man is kind of awkward about girls, and his locker is on the other side of the vehicle deck. He might look at Hua, but he won't notice what Hua is doing.

Getting a good grasp on the kitchen schedule will take more than observing just one shift. How many days will Hua watch them before making her move?

The drugs were stashed on Tuesday evening, I believe... your next meeting is friday.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #270
TGLS

Quote:
Getting a good grasp on the kitchen schedule will take more than observing just one shift. How many days will Hua watch them before making her move?

The drugs were stashed on Tuesday evening, I believe... your next meeting is friday.
I'll go with until Thursday evening.

Is stashing the drugs in Botha's locker a gimmie or should I roll now?