Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #181
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

I look at the maps when coming up with a plan to do XYZ (Burn flour, steal filler, etc.) Guess the symbol can be difficult sometimes, though having multiple locations indicated can make things easier.

Are the maps known/accurate information? Might try to come up with a plan to burn the quarters in 11F, 13F, 15F (x2), and 17G...

Last edited by TGLS; 01-09-2021 at 09:10 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #182
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Now that you mention it, I have been wondering about the map's legends. Could we have a list of symbols? It might be helpful when reading the map.
I just created and uploaded a document named "Legend". It describes a lot of the symbols there.

Quote:
On the other hand, how many yards is the smallest square? For example, in map 12 there's a place called "establishments", and there is another label that's blurry and there are smaller squares over there.
The small squares on the underlying grid are 5 feet. Sorry, that wasn't clear at all. Though I mostly orient the size by knowing the hallways are narrow and extrapolating from there.

Quote:
I downloaded the maps when I joined the IC, I think you did great job now; I know it takes a deal of effort to finish stuff like this.
Thanks. The map is actually older than the game. It was originally built for playing damage control after a hit with. Which is why its flammability is rather well defined (and surprisingly high)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I look at the maps when coming up with a plan to do XYZ (Burn flour, steal filler, etc.) Guess the symbol can be difficult sometimes, though having multiple locations indicated can make things easier.

Are the maps known/accurate information? Might try to come up with a plan to burn the quarters in 11F, 13F, 15F (x2), and 17G...
The maps are known information to the dreadstormers: getting the floor plans of old enemy ship designs is something intelligence agencies are rather good at.

Because the ship is old, some design decisions may have been slightly modified. Which is to say I haven't combed over the thing with a fine toothed comb and I reserve the right to occasionally reverse the layout of a kitchen if it makes a lot of sense. Fair enough?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #183
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Which is to say I haven't combed over the thing with a fine toothed comb and I reserve the right to occasionally reverse the layout of a kitchen if it makes a lot of sense. Fair enough?
Fair enough. Just want to make sure that piles of hydrogen bricks next to cabins isn't an error.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:23 PM   #184
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Fair enough. Just want to make sure that piles of hydrogen bricks next to cabins isn't an error.
ahhh, that's the pattern... I was wondering why it was doing that weird every other thing.

So the ship uses huge amounts of hydrogen: that's why its full of it, and why one person in 12 does little but spend all day moving the stuff around. When the ship launches, it has huge amounts of the stuff, but the longer its out, the more its used. The crew slowly expands into the various rooms that empty out, using them as additional living space from the exceptionally cramped quarters.

Those brick containers are probably among the first to have been emptied, so that the crew has more room. Some of them might still have bricks in them though. You'd have to check.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-12-2021, 12:58 AM   #185
Hide

Thanks Erick!
Old 01-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #186
TGLS

Quote:
Talent (Craftiness) 3 [15]; ... (Note: Swapped camouflage with filch, since it fits the setting more appropriately).
I wish I thought of that.

Quote:
Though I wish I'd indicated a difference between zorbani soldier and dreadstormer training.
Me too. I could justify a lot of things from Expert Skill (Dreadstorming), coded messages that can be done by hand, replacement tactics for the supplements, better plans than "shoot everyone", probably stuff I forgot.

One other thing; are lasers loud?

Last edited by TGLS; 01-15-2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:34 AM   #187
Hide

Quote:
I wish I thought of that. (...)
Hahaha, but Hua is pretty awesome at sneaking!

Quote:
I think we're ready to run the first meeting now.
Please let me know what you need for this. Also, I would like some insight regarding the new “windows”. What would I have to do in order to sneak to the meeting during each of these new windows?
Old 01-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #188
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Gnomes, I think we're waiting for you and Hide.

Quote:
Please let me know what you need for this. Also, I would like some insight regarding the new “windows”. What would I have to do in order to sneak to the meeting during each of these new windows?

For the meeting with just Daymar? I'd like a few lines of dialogue from each character about the switch. And possibly about the eventful last four days.

For the other windows...

During the "work window" (the next one, and the one Hua said she'd make) Pacifica is expected to be sitting in the command center on deck 9 hard at work. Her absence will certainly be noticed.

During the "off-time" window (the third one, during Hua's work hours), Pacifica can move essentially freely about the ship, as long as she's with a "buddy", and sets up Nejora with a buddy. She'll need to ditch the buddy temporarily to attend the meeting.

Hua has been leaving her buddies staring out into hyperspace one floor below. Daymar is just abanoning his buddy during work and using mind control to smooth things over.

Old 01-18-2021, 01:21 PM   #189
Hide

Quote:

For the meeting with just Daymar? I'd like a few lines of dialogue from each character about the switch. And possibly about the eventful last four days. (...)
I was referring about the rolls, but I guess it's going to be the same as before; if you need anything else, let me know!

Quote:
For the other windows (...)
Thank you!

PD. I am working on several things here (campaing wise), I am about to post my reply (IC)!
Old 01-19-2021, 04:34 AM   #190
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Sorry, I've posted now. I've got a virtual conference this week in a different time zone and didn't have time yesterday.