Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2020, 02:09 AM   #18
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Damage Resistance and Tech Level

A simple solution I've used that still allows for complicated builds is that you can 'buy' any armor and then get a perk to replace the 'gadget' limitations to 'can't wear armor'. Considering that Signature Gear in my houserules removes the money part and just costs 1pt for any piece of gear, this is effectively a variant of that. This means that you can have any DR you're already allowed access to built in to you and it be as fair as it would be for anyone else.

Is that fair? Does it even make sense to do? I'm not sure, I don't do enough high TL campaigns. What one GM did with the above idea was a second step that you actually have to buy off the gadget limitations with extra points (effectively letting you spend money in place of cp to make DR cheaper in a roundabout way) which in turn would let you stack it with actual armor.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage resistance, limitations, tech level