Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #481
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's almost certainly false, given that mudman is about 10 yards into a 16-20 yard tunnel.


As I see it:


Turn 2:
stonemaul goes 4 yards into the tunnel


Turn 4:
stonemaul's move isn't actually clear here. 4-8 yards of position.

Vic moves to behind-ish stonemaul


Turn 5:
stonemaul moves one step forward to 5-9 yards, vic is immediately behind him. Telrith moves 3 yards into the tunnel, with mudman 1 yard behind him


Turn 6:
stonemaul stays put because vic is dodging the fire. 5-9 yards. Telrith moves forward 1 yard to 4 yards in. Mudman moves at full speed to 6 yards.


Turn 7:

vic seems to be holding his position. Telrith moves forward to 5 yards in. Mudman moves at full speed to 10 yards in.



Turn 8 is the current turn. At its start, Telrith should be within a couple steps of vic and stonemaul, and Mudman should be within about a move of them.


So for his maneuver telrith will step towards forming a line with vic, take all-out defense (dodge), and call mudman to the rest of the group. Mudman should be able to reach the others... just barely, and turned around. The bandits may be able to capitalize on that... but I suspect it will leave them exposed.
Ah, yes, my mistake. I was eye-balling it.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:51 PM   #482
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Gathika is foaming at the mouth when she listens her friends reconcile and "shake hands for combat". What will the bandits do?
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:03 PM   #483
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Hello Ajardoor, taking into account your explanation, I think the situation looks like this. Right?

For now, Bain will wait for the Stone Maul to walk 1 or 2 yards*; in other words Bain will attack once the bandits are under the torch's light.

*This is subject to what Telrith commands and your feedback about the map.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:30 PM   #484
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hello Ajardoor, taking into account your explanation, I think the situation looks like this. Right?

For now, Bain will wait for the Stone Maul to walk 1 or 2 yards*; in other words Bain will attack once the bandits are under the torch's light.

*This is subject to what Telrith commands and your feedback about the map.
Vic will wait for Stonemaul to light up the enemies, after, he will move to the hex right behind Stonemaul hoping Telrith does so as well. Might be a good idea to move Mudman forward to keep holding the line.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #485
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hello Ajardoor, taking into account your explanation, I think the situation looks like this. Right?
Almost. There is a 4-hex square alcove across from Gathika, and 2 yards behind Bain is a locked door. Think kinda like a four way junction, but only two of the ways are longer.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #486
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Almost. There is a 4-hex square alcove across from Gathika, and 2 yards behind Bain is a locked door. Think kinda like a four way junction, but only two of the ways are longer.
Alright, then something like this one.

Let's see what the others say then! Thanks!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:43 PM   #487
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Correct. Now, let's back to the action...

Vic and Bain are Waiting on the earth elementals, last in the turn. Telrith needs to give commands and act. Gathika, you act before Telrith.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #488
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Gathika will do all out defense
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:18 AM   #489
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

sorry about the delay. I had a crazy weekend and monday.


Elementals will evaluate the folks in front of them. Telrith will all-out defend (dodge) He's there to hold the line and cast a spell if the bandits do anything actually dangerous.



(the only area effect earth spell he knows explicitly works only outdoors. Shame)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #490
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Cloaked in Darkness, Bain advances 3 yards, shooting two arrows with an AOA double at the two closest bandits. Both attacks land on their original targets, and the bandits behind them manage to dodge the “over-penetration attack”.

The first arrow strikes the vitals of the Bandit in Telrith's line:

Fast-draw (14) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 12 (13+2-2-1: TA Vitals, acc, face, range, quick-shooting).
3d6=9... successful.

Base damage:
2d6=6+4(2).
Injury: 10*2= 30 HP.

The second attack lands on the bandit in Vicious' line:

Fast-draw (13) & Ready (14), successful.
Bow 14 (15+2-2-1: Bow, acc, range, quick-shooting).
3d6=14... successful.
Base damage:
2d6=5+4(2).
Injury: 9*2= 18 HP.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.