Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars > Car Wars Old Editions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
swordtart

Default Re: The Cost to run Amateur Night...

Clearly staffing levels are a bit of a black art (my own 100:1 was based on my misreading my own post, it shouls have been 10:1 from the O2 numbers reduced to 50:1 for economic reasons).

I take your points about consessions being franchises and could therefore be factored out of the calculations. Since many of the 2500 in the O2 could well be franchise staff I guess I don't really have a leg to stand on.

If your experience says 50 staff for an 8500 audience is reasonable I am happy to accept that ratio of additional staff when an event is put on.

I'd still like to see a hard value on the number of permanent employees as well and they need to be accounted for (even on those days when no events are running). It is likely many of them will be on shifts and for some duties (especially security) you'll need three times the staff that you see on duty at any specific time.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote