Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 AM   #1481
Pomphis

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þorkell
Yeah, the Orbital Mind control things are called Bob...
Actually, if there were such things they would be Orbital Mind Control _Lasers_. But there are none. Krommism is so obviously true and superior to all other faiths that our high priests have better things to do than building such toys. EHP Icelander for example sometimes comments on temples, maidens and chains. Of course only based on what he read about what happens in evil temples. Our cult has no more temples with captive maidens than it has secret volcano lairs. Besides, do you have any idea how much trouble it is to secretly divert a shuttle mission to secretly conduct the necessary maintenance ?
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #1482
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
EHP Icelander for example sometimes comments on temples, maidens and chains. Of course only based on what he read about what happens in evil temples.
Ahem. *cough*

What I read, yes, certainly. Or even hear about others reading, since obviously I wouldn't be reading that kind of literature.

Yessir, no secret temples with captive maidens here. Y'all can go about your business, nothing to see here. These are not the maidens you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
Our cult has no more temples with captive maidens than it has secret volcano lairs. Besides, do you have any idea how much trouble it is to secretly divert a shuttle mission to secretly conduct the necessary maintenance ?
How much trouble it would be. If we had any secret volcano lairs with captive maidens, that is.

Which we don't, of course.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #1483
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking
I would like to rebut...I am not trying to start an anti-cult. I am an athiest. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN KROMM! He is just a figment of the collective imagination. There is no one called Sean Punch, certainly not in Montreal (Montreal for chrissakes he would be named Pepe Le Pew!). Gurps in fact does not have a line editor, even with a cursory reading THAT should be obvious. <end rebuttal>
I have an excellent, cogent and annihilating reply but unfortunately there's not enough room for it here.

(This is known as Fermat's Defense.)
Old 05-14-2008, 04:54 AM   #1484
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
I have an excellent, cogent and annihilating reply but unfortunately there's not enough room for it here.

(This is known as Fermat's Defense.)
Beloved by Discordians everywhere, infuriating to those of logical bent.

Of course, I do have an excellent, cogent and annihilating reply that does fit here.

There is no game but GURPS and KROMM is its Line Editor.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #1485
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Beloved by Discordians everywhere, infuriating to those of logical bent.

Of course, I do have an excellent, cogent and annihilating reply that does fit here.

There is no game but GURPS and KROMM is its Line Editor.
Let me assent: There is no game but GURPS and KROMM is its Line Editor. All hail KROMM.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #1486
Witchking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Ahem. *cough*

What I read, yes, certainly. Or even hear about others reading, since obviously I wouldn't be reading that kind of literature.

Yessir, no secret temples with captive maidens here. Y'all can go about your business, nothing to see here. These are not the maidens you're looking for.

How much trouble it would be. If we had any secret volcano lairs with captive maidens, that is.

Which we don't, of course.
Now see if you did have captive maidens you might be able to lure a convert. It's not me of course...it is a friend of mine. Right that's it a friend of mine...
Old 05-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #1487
Anders

Meh. I second chief grukgruk: "Better if been round block a few times."
Old 05-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #1488
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
Meh. I second chief grukgruk: "Better if been round block a few times."
That, of course, is a matter of personal taste; but surely an unmarried state is preferable? Personally, I also tend to favour youth, so maidens have at least two advantages.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #1489
Anders

Yeah, I prefer unmarried. Less risk of getting into trouble that way... (at least until I marry.)
Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #1490
Jame

Better make sure that we have both experienced and inexperienced maidens (and maybe a few gentlemen for our female members), provided that they are willingly captivated, for conversion purposes of course. ;)

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm