Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #1471
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Today is Mother's Day in the U.S., and in Colorado it's been as bright and beautiful a day as can be. I'm sure the KROMM cultists can quickly supply reasons and multiple hallelujahs.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #1472
krusades

I am new to this whole nerd thing(I have been a closet nerd my entire life, watching anime in the wee hours of the night, playing DnD with the nerdy kid next door) but in the past year I have joined a few nerdy clubs at my college and people are really into this hero worship thing.

I actually live in Montreal and accidentally went to Royal Con (the fan run gaming con here) because I thought it was a Videogame convention. After paying to get in and walking around, I soon realized it had nothing to do with videogames. All the same I thought I would make the best of things, so I attended some panels run by Sean...sorry Kromm..and really liked what I heard, so I played in a GURPS one shot there. I have been playing GURPS since with the same GM and I am thankful Sean was responsible for getting me into GURPS and also for helping to create the current iteration, but I still do not understand this hero worship thing.

He is a smart guy who knows his stuff, but even if his name is Kromm it does not mean he is a god. Anyway do you guys really think he enjoys this kind of juvenile attention?
krusades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #1473
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusades
I still do not understand this hero worship thing.

He is a smart guy who knows his stuff, but even if his name is Kromm it does not mean he is a god. Anyway do you guys really think he enjoys this kind of juvenile attention?
Speaking as somebody who is not part of the cult, just an occasional kibitzer:

1) We're all aware of the above. But it keeps things entertaining, and probably holds the record for the longest "running gag" on the boards.

2) Based on the occasions that Kromm has posted here, I'd say he enjoys it very much -- mostly because he knows tongues are firmly planted in the cheek.

Consider it one more game that people play around here (including Witchking, who has been doing his best to start an anti-cult) to keep ourselves amused. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine ... I'm not a regular on this thread myself, though it gives me a chuckle. But have no fear, the masses here are not nearly as brainwashed as might appear at first glance.

Well, not until the Orbital Mind Control Ray gets up and running. How's that coming along, Icelander?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #1474
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
Well, not until the Orbital Mind Control Ray gets up and running. How's that coming along, Icelander?
I'm afraid you are not cleared for that.

KROMM is clearly superior to all other gods. This can be seen in two different ways:

a) He answers e-mails.

b) His holy books come with an errata.

If more gods did this, the world would be a better place.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #1475
Icelander

Quote:
There are no Orbital Mind Control Rays.

Why do you ask?

In any event, they would be superfluous. Should we ever need to mind-control the population of the Earth, we'd simply ask KROMM to sound his barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #1476
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusades
I am of course sure that KROMM understands exactly what we mean by it.

One of the earlier responders got it right, though, and that just proves what kind of intellect that HE attracts.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #1477
Žorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
There are no Orbital Mind Control Rays.
Yeah, the Orbital Mind control things are called Bob...

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Žorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #1478
Witchking

Quote:
Speaking as somebody who is not part of the cult, just an occasional kibitzer:

1) We're all aware of the above. But it keeps things entertaining, and probably holds the record for the longest "running gag" on the boards.

2) Based on the occasions that Kromm has posted here, I'd say he enjoys it very much -- mostly because he knows tongues are firmly planted in the cheek.

Consider it one more game that people play around here (including Witchking, who has been doing his best to start an anti-cult) to keep ourselves amused. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine ... I'm not a regular on this thread myself, though it gives me a chuckle. But have no fear, the masses here are not nearly as brainwashed as might appear at first glance.

I would like to rebut...I am not trying to start an anti-cult. I am an athiest. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN KROMM! He is just a figment of the collective imagination. There is no one called Sean Punch, certainly not in Montreal (Montreal for chrissakes he would be named Pepe Le Pew!). Gurps in fact does not have a line editor, even with a cursory reading THAT should be obvious. <end rebuttal>
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #1479
Jame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking
I would like to rebut...I am not trying to start an anti-cult. I am an athiest. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN KROMM! He is just a figment of the collective imagination. There is no one called Sean Punch, certainly not in Montreal (Montreal for chrissakes he would be named Pepe Le Pew!). Gurps in fact does not have a line editor, even with a cursory reading THAT should be obvious. <end rebuttal>
I accept that you do not believe as I do. Therefore I accept that you have written this rebuttal, even though I disagree with it. However, I shall leave it for better speakers than I to refute your rebuttal.

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:38 AM   #1480
Pomphis

Not that I am a better speaker than you (besides, I write this and do not talk), but why should anybody refute it ?

His statement is simply proof that a) he is a Servant of Evil (we all know who the Witchking is, don“t we ?) and b) that he lives in an alternate reality (Though it is hard to imagine a reality without a Line Editor. OTOH, Evil is not really known for it“s love of truth.). He obviously has not gotten over the fate of his lord and the destruction of the ring. Let“s pity him and pray to Kromm that He will soon decide to extend His blessings and favors to whatever pitiful reality the witchking is forced to live in. For His benevolence is without limits.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm