Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-23-2021, 05:44 AM   #1711
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
You got Werewolf By Night right? I mean Topaz was created to be Jack's love interest/plot device.
As evidenced by my posting Lissa's sheet not too long ago, Jack will appear over in Spider-Woman's cast. I forgot Topaz originated in WWBN, since I know her mainly from Dr. Strange and Witches. (I'm using the darker-skinned Indian rather than the blond Caucasian they originally used.)

Quote:
My personal favourite Doctor Strange foe was the Dweller In Darkness.
Definitely a tougher one to stat up, but I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Darkhawk was always a favorite of mine. I see he's not in here. They're rebooting Darkhawk with a new character. I don't know what the differences will be between them, but I'd be curious to see what kind of stats you'd build for him.
Darkhawk's always been a favorite of mine as well, especially in the '90s in his original run and occasionally working with the New Warriors. (The byplay between him and Speedball - particularly with Robbie coining the term "Teenage Superhero Secret Identity Crisis" for Chris's troubles - was some classic stuff.) The trick, though, is either working him into someone's "title" in this brand-new rebooted timeline of mine, or giving him his own "title". Also, I'd be tempted to move him out of NYC and into some other city; I don't want New York to be overcrowded with superheroes, after all.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #1712
David Johnston2

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
As evidenced by my posting Lissa's sheet not too long ago, Jack will appear over in Spider-Woman's cast. I forgot Topaz originated in WWBN, since I know her mainly from Dr. Strange and Witches. (I'm using the darker-skinned Indian rather than the blond Caucasian they originally used.)

Definitely a tougher one to stat up, but I'll see what I can do.
His errand boy D'Spayre would of course be easier.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:21 PM   #1713
Otaku

I wouldn't mind seeing Darkhawk, but probably not quite so soon. Meaning, next year/phase/whatever Phantasm is calling it, I'd be happy to see him. Of course, I was a New Warriors fan, at least for a time. Still have a soft spot for them. Wouldn't mind just seeing the New Warriors in general, at least, once the setting is "mature" enough for such a team to make sense.

As per usual, I misread/misunderstood something in the thread, and it brings me to a tangent I'd like to inquire about. Maybe it was covered early on and I just spaced off the answer (and failed with my Thread Search inquiries) but... any plans for the "Marvel adjacent" material? See, the first comic character I saw going by "Topaz" wasn't the Earth-616 version, but the Earth-93060 version. Well, sort of, as the character is (I think) extra-dimensional even in the Earth-93060 setting.

For reference:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Topaz_(Earth-93060)

So... yeah, the Ultraverse character named "Topaz", who was acquired along with the rest of the Malibu Comics characters. I neither like nor dislike the character, I just didn't know about actual Topaz from Marvel Comics. Either way, it reminded me how there are a lot of characters from the failed secondary-settings of Marvel Comics who might be worth adding into the lore.

As this is a long thread, please pardon me if this has already been addressed. It just seemed like an idea, especially if someone from the MC2, New Universe, or Ultraverse settings could save you the trouble of designing a new character from scratch to fill a need. And yes, I am worried you're going to tell me this is the third time I've asked this question. XP
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #1714
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Darkhawk, but probably not quite so soon. Meaning, next year/phase/whatever Phantasm is calling it, I'd be happy to see him. Of course, I was a New Warriors fan, at least for a time. Still have a soft spot for them. Wouldn't mind just seeing the New Warriors in general, at least, once the setting is "mature" enough for such a team to make sense.
And this is a problem I've run into several times. There are hundreds of characters who do NOT make sense for Year One, Galactus and the Silver Surfer being among the top contenders. The original New Warriors, excluding Night Thrasher, all had history well before their first appearance as a team, so they're not exactly a "Year One" kind of team the way the FF, X-Men, and even Avengers are.

Quote:
As per usual, I misread/misunderstood something in the thread, and it brings me to a tangent I'd like to inquire about. Maybe it was covered early on and I just spaced off the answer (and failed with my Thread Search inquiries) but... any plans for the "Marvel adjacent" material? See, the first comic character I saw going by "Topaz" wasn't the Earth-616 version, but the Earth-93060 version. Well, sort of, as the character is (I think) extra-dimensional even in the Earth-93060 setting.

For reference:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Topaz_(Earth-93060)

So... yeah, the Ultraverse character named "Topaz", who was acquired along with the rest of the Malibu Comics characters. I neither like nor dislike the character, I just didn't know about actual Topaz from Marvel Comics. Either way, it reminded me how there are a lot of characters from the failed secondary-settings of Marvel Comics who might be worth adding into the lore.

As this is a long thread, please pardon me if this has already been addressed. It just seemed like an idea, especially if someone from the MC2, New Universe, or Ultraverse settings could save you the trouble of designing a new character from scratch to fill a need. And yes, I am worried you're going to tell me this is the third time I've asked this question. XP
If it is a second or third time, it's been a while. :) I can't remember if you have or not.

Regarding various Ultraverse, New Universe, etc. characters and concepts making the jump, there are no current plans to do so. That does not mean, however, that Lukasz/Eden Blake/Mantra or Prime can't or won't cross over; there's just no plans as yet. While I enjoy several of the M2 characters - Spider-Girl, J2, American Dream, etc - they are quite clearly not Year One; they'd be "alternate future" characters at best (although an alternate future character coming to the "past" - our present, their past - isn't out of the question).

You know, come to think of it, I may toss Prime and Elven into the Xavier Institute student body. Something to think about.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:18 PM   #1715
Otaku

Quote:
And this is a problem I've run into several times. There are hundreds of characters who do NOT make sense for Year One, Galactus and the Silver Surfer being among the top contenders. The original New Warriors, excluding Night Thrasher, all had history well before their first appearance as a team, so they're not exactly a "Year One" kind of team the way the FF, X-Men, and even Avengers are.
Yes. Not only did the founding New Warriors all have an established history before the Warriors, but it was often important, or at least flavorful that that they did. Though it does help that some of the major names, like Spider-Man, are already a little older than one might expect.

Quote:
If it is a second or third time, it's been a while. :) I can't remember if you have or not.

Regarding various Ultraverse, New Universe, etc. characters and concepts making the jump, there are no current plans to do so. That does not mean, however, that Lukasz/Eden Blake/Mantra or Prime can't or won't cross over; there's just no plans as yet. While I enjoy several of the M2 characters - Spider-Girl, J2, American Dream, etc - they are quite clearly not Year One; they'd be "alternate future" characters at best (although an alternate future character coming to the "past" - our present, their past - isn't out of the question).

You know, come to think of it, I may toss Prime and Elven into the Xavier Institute student body. Something to think about.
Nice!

I realize MC2 (and the 2099 setting, which I left out) aren't going to have a lot of characters or things you could import... but they introduced Alchemax into the Earth-616 setting, so I figure there might be a few things you could lift. ;) Someone like Mr. Nobody seems like they could be slotted in just about anywhere. Once again, though, do what you'd like. ;)

Prime and Elven being part of the Xavier Institute student body sounds fun, even if they just end up being Easter Eggs. :) I have a certain fondness for Ghoul (Jonathan Martin). I didn't even realize I did, but there's definitely a dash of him mixed with one of my GURPS Supers characters I ran back in high school. XD
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #1716
Phantasm

ADRIA

Identity: Adria's existence is unknown to the general public outside of her Sri Pada residence.
Legal Status: Citizenship unknown, no known criminal record; currently a resident of Sri Lanka.
Other Aliases: "the Witch".
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Widowed.
Known Relatives: Husband, unrevealed number of children (names unrevealed, deceased).
Group Affiliation: Former member of the Ancient One's order of sorcerers.
Base of Operations: Nallathanniya, Sri Lanka, at the foot of Sri Pada; formerly the Ancient One's monastery in Kamar-Taj, Tibet.
History: Little is known about the history of the sorceress known as Adria. What she has revealed is as follows. She suffered a mental breakdown when her husband and children were killed in an aircraft accident; she has implied that she would also have been on the plane but circumstances out of her control kept her elsewhere at the time. After spending time in and out of mental institutions, Adria found herself seeking a new direction in life.

It was at that point she was directed to a monastery in Kamar-Taj in Tibet, where she was told that the monks would help give her peace of mind. It wasn't until weeks later that she learned the monks were sorcerers, when the Ancient One, the order's grand master, offered her training in the mystic arts (see Ancient One). Adria proved an adept pupil, but as has been commented on by other sorcerers, she remained "broken".

Adria eventually left the Ancient One's monastery to take up residence at the foot of the mountain Sri Pada in Sri Lanka, a place strong in mystic power, where over time, she gained a reputation as a rather callous but powerful witch who toyed with the lives of those around her. This reputation eventually drew her into conflict with Doctor Strange, who she immediately recognized as one of the Ancient One's apprentices (see Doctor Strange). Despite his appeals to her as a fellow member of the Ancient One's order of sorcerers, Adria attacked him, intending to claim the Eye of Agamotto for herself, only to be defeated. Reluctantly, Strange used the Eye to suppress her knowledge of the mystic arts and gave her a compulsion to seek out therapy for her loss.

That suppression was either short-lived or reversed as Adria was next seen meeting with Strange's enemy, Karl Mordo, and several other sorcerers Strange has defeated in the past (see Mordo, Karl). Where and when this loose association of sorcerers will strike at Dr. Strange is as yet unknown.
Height: 5' 4".
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: Adria possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages is moderate exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Adria is a sorceress, specializing in elemental magics. Strictly speaking, Adria and other human sorcerers do not have superhuman powers; only the ability to manipulate mystical energy lies within an Earth-born sorcerer, not the energy itself. Theoretically, any living person can tap into an infinite amount of mystical energy. However, each person is limited by his own amount of training, discipline, knowledge, and enlightenment as to the mystical arts.

Adria's magic, like that of other magicians, is derived from three major sources: personal powers of the soul/mind/body, derived through developing one's own psychic resources (mesmerism, astral projection, thought-casting, etc); powers gained by tapping the universe's ambient magical energy and employing it for specific effects (teleportation, illusion-casting, energy projection); and finally powers gained through invoking entities or objects of power existing in mystical dimensions tangential to her own. The latter means of power is usually gained through the recitation of spells; either ritualized ones found in various mystical texts or by original spells invoking extra-dimensional assistance. Adria has also used what is called black magic, tapping the energies of unwilling subjects, usually through death, to power her spells, although she rarely engages in the practice.

Adria has focused her mystical training on what are considered the five elements of Buddhist thought: earth, air, fire, water, and akasha, also known as void or vacuum. She has shown exceptional skill at manipulating the five elements, but has also shown to lack much of the basic personal powers. To date, she has only cast two spells which call upon extradimensional magical principalities: the Flames of the Faltine and the Winds of Watoomb; it is possible those are the only two such spells she knows. Her exhibited use of personal energy has been almost negligible.

552 points
Attributes: ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 14 [15]; Per 12 [5]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Accented) [4]; Sinhala (Native) [6]; Sanskrit (Accented) [4]; Malay (Native) [6]; Tamil (Native) (Native Language) [0]; Tibetan (Accented) [4].
Cultural Familiarities: Central Asian [1]; East Asian [1]; Indian (Native) [0].
Advantages: Air Realm/3 [30]; Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Charisma 2 [10]; Earth Realm/3 [30]; Fearlessness 2 [4]; Fire Realm/3 [30]; Increased Threshold 5 (Threshold: 60) [25]; Magery 3 (Solitary Ceremonial, +10%) [38]; Spirit Realm/3 [60]; Void Realm/3 [30]; Water Realm/3 [30]; Wealth (Wealthy) [20].
Perks: Magical School Familiarity (Kamar-Taj) [1].
Disadvantages: Black Magic Taint -1 [-3]; Callous [-5]; Incurious (12) [-5]; Laziness [-10]; Loner (9) [-7]; Overconfidence (9) [-7]; Selfish (9) [-7]; Stubbornness [-5].
Quirks: Ambitious [-1]; Conceited [-1]; Incompetence (Egocentric Magic) [-1]; Limited Exocentric Magic (Flames of Faltine and Winds of Watoomb only) [-1]; Treacherous [-1].
Skills: Acting (A) IQ+0 [2] – 11; Administration (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Force Whip (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Hiking (A) HT+1 [4] – 13; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Innate Attack (Projectile) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Intimidation (A) Will+0 [2] – 14; Judo (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Karate (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Literature (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Meditation (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Observation (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Occultism (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Philosophy (Buddhism) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 12; Politics (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Public Speaking (A) IQ+1 [1] – 12*; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Dojo) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Shield (Force) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Staff (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Survival (Mountain) (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Survival (Woodlands) (A) Per+0 [2] – 12; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Thaumatology (VH) IQ+3 [8] – 14†; Theology (Hinduism) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 11; Throwing (A) DX+1 [4] – 13.
Magical Realm Skills: Air (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Earth (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Fire (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Spirit (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Void (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†; Water (VH) IQ+4 [12] – 15†.
Starting Spending Money: $20,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Charisma.
† Includes +3 from Magery.

Role-Playing Notes:
Adria has never gotten over the loss of her family, and has come to the conclusion that to prevent tragedy from happening again she has to take control of everyone else around her. Her lack of mind manipulation magic meant she feels she has to instill fear in those around her.

Design Notes:
1. Adria differs significantly from her canon counterpart, Adria the Witch, one of Mordo's minions. There was little on her background in the comics, and her powers just seemed like a lesser version of Mordo and Strange. Instead, I decided to make her of Tamil/Dravidian ancestry and focused on the five Hindu/Buddhist elements using universal energies, making her distinct from Strange's other adversaries.
2. The Magery price combines the price of an unmodified Magery 0 [5] with the modified Magery 3 (Solitary Ceremonial, +10%) [33]. It just looked wrong when placing the two on the sheet together.
3. Adria would probably work better using Quintessence from The Fifth Attribute (Pyramid #3/120: Alternate GURPS V). However, I didn't want to introduce it this far into the project, as it'd possibly require a reworking of characters not typically involved in the mystical side of the Marvel universe who still occasionally get involved (such as Spider-Man, the Panther, and Wolverine, to name a few). I figure Adria would have a QN and QP of 14.

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-17-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #1717
OldSam

Thanks for your continuing updates! :)

Quote:
ADRIA

552 points
Attributes: ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Just wanted to inform you: If I open the PDF document (A-M) at page 9 or 10, where there are Adria and Aggamon, all values like Attributes etc. are empty... Should the PDF be filled later at that sections (intentional?) or is that some kind of save/export bug maybe?
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #1718
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSam View Post
Thanks for your continuing updates! :)

Just wanted to inform you: If I open the PDF document (A-M) at page 9 or 10, where there are Adria and Aggamon, all values like Attributes etc. are empty... Should the PDF be filled later at that sections (intentional?) or is that some kind of save/export bug maybe?
I haven't yet updated the TOC with the changes, and I'm currently trying to figure out some other stuff. The current PDFs in my .sig aren't fully up to date yet because of it. (I usually update the PDFs every 3 or 4 characters, rather than each one.)

So no, not a bug, just the PDFs aren't updated yet.

Old 05-31-2021, 02:42 PM   #1719
OldSam

Quote:
I The current PDFs in my .sig aren't fully up to date yet because of it. (I usually update the PDFs every 3 or 4 characters, rather than each one.)
Thanks for the quick reply, great to hear that everything is planned that way! Totally makes sense to save time in the update process.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #1720
Phantasm

DEMONS

Demons come in a wide range of entities, varying in power from minor physical beings with the barest magical power to some of the most powerful entities entreated by sorcerers for power.

The first kind of demon are known as Elder Gods, and include the Elderspawn as well. Over a billion years ago, the primeval Demiurge (quite possibly related to the Phoenix Force) seeded the Earth, causing the first Earth-native beings of power to spontaneously spawn from the soil. These beings included the four primary Elder Gods – Gaea, Chthon, Set, and Oshtur – as well as many others (see Chthon; Gaea; Oshtur; Set).

Set and Chthon discovered means of gaining power by consuming other life forms (a practice known as necromancy or black magic), and with other Elder Gods who listened to their teachings proceeded to consume most of the other Elder Gods. This practice caused most of the Elder Gods to degenerate into demons. Gaea mated with the Demiurge and gave birth to the Demogorge; the Demogorge proceeded to destroy or consume the demonic Elder Gods; only Chthon and Set survived this purge by fleeing to pocket dimensions. Gaea and Oshtur, because they had refused to engage in necromantic arts, likewise were permitted by the Demogorge to remain.

Gaea soon merged her essence with that of Earth. She then mated with the Demogorge, giving birth to a number of other gods. In this manner, Gaea eventually became the progenitor of the pantheons of gods that have been worshipped by mortals, including but not limited to the Aesir and Vanir of Scandinavia, the Olympian gods of the Aegean, the Annunaki of ancient Mesopotamia, and the Heliopolitan gods of ancient Egypt (see Asgardians; Olympian Gods). After a time, Oshtur decided to explore the universe and left Earth.

Other Elder Gods besides those four exist. Hoggoth of the Vishanti is believed to be an Elder God of the Kree (see Kree; Vishanti). Ymir and Surtur of the Asgardians are also Elder Gods, having formed independently of the Elder Gods of Earth in Nifflheim and Muspelheim respectively (see Surtur; Ymir).

Other known Elderspawn are: Agamotto, Earth's first Sorcerer Supreme and son of Oshtur; Tiamat, daughter of Set and co-progenitor of the Annunaki; and the N'Garai, the Other, and the Dwarf, spawn and agents of Chthon (see N'Garai).

Each Elder God is said to have a role or personality that affects the grand scheme. Gaea creates and nurtures; Set consumes. Oshtur teaches white magic, marveling at and delighting in the unpredictability of mortals; Chthon teaches black magic, marveling at and upset by the unpredictability of mortals. Surtur cleanses with fire; Ymir dies so that life may thrive, only to constantly be recreated. And Hoggoth protects.

The second kind of demon, the Hell Lords and their kin, also originated on Earth, but come from later generations. When the Demogorge was done destroying or consuming the Elder Gods, he attempted to replicate the Demiurge's feat of seeding the planet with additional life. However, because it had consumed malevolent and parasitic beings in the course of its duties, the energy is spread about was "tainted". As a result, most of this second group arose as demons, although a few rose as gods. Most of these eventually left Earth to various other dimensions (typically Hell dimensions).

Chief among these demons are the demons presently known as Mephisto, Lucifer, Satannish, and Lilith; lesser demons are either born/created from these or are gods who have degenerated into demons (see Lilith (Demon); Mephisto; Satan; Satannish). Many of these Hell Lords, as they are referred to in a group, have claimed to be the Judaeo-Christian "Devil", although whether any of them are in fact the Devil rather than taking advantage of human belief is unknown. Other Hell Lords have posed as gods of death such as Hades and Hela, tarnishing the reputations of these gods among mortals (see Hades; Hela). In addition, various magical principalities such as Ikonn, Cyttorak, and Watoomb are believed to come from the second spontaneous generation who never degenerated into demons, although this is as yet unconfirmed.

A third type of demon has no immediately apparent connection to Earth, originating in mystic dimensions far from Earth. These demons include but are not limited to Nightmare, Dormammu, Aggamon, Tiboro, and the Mindless Ones (see individual entries). Like the Hell Lords, these demons often have lesser demons serving them, although most have mortal servants as well.

Various entities that claim to be the Judaeo-Christian "God" and angels that serve them also exist, although like the Devil, it is unknown whether any of these are in fact the God or just impostors taking advantage of or encouraging human belief. If the Judaeo-Christian God does in fact exist, he (or she) is possibly a either a surviving Elder God or is one of the later generations of gods. Some demons are known to be angels who have degenerated into a demonic status; more rarely, some angels may be demons who purged themselves of their demonic taint.

Game-Mechanical Details
There are dozens if not hundreds of species of demons found in various Hell dimensions, from the classic imps and succubi to the various demons described in literature, role-playing games, and computer games. It is recommended for GMs wishing to have demons as a regular occurrence in their games to use Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 5: Demons to help develop them. Vulnerability to Iron (including the organic steel of various characters with Body of Metal!) is a common Disadvantage among Marvel demons, though this is not an absolute.

Demons may be magic users, primarily using ecocentric and necromantic magic, but again, this varies by the type of demon and occasionally by individual demon (see Appendix: Magic). For a canon example, the demons of Belasco's Limbo – with the exception of N'astirh – including Belasco's and Illyana's chief enforcer S'ym are primarily physical brutes, while N'astirh was a rare sorcerer demon. In essence, the Hell Lords and chief demons of extradimensional origin are magicians, while their underlings tend not to be; a magic-using "lesser" demon is probably going to be a noteworthy NPC, rather than one of the nameless hordes.

Last edited by Phantasm; 08-30-2022 at 01:16 AM.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men