Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-22-2020, 02:28 AM   #41
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Girl Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scormey View Post
That's great! But why is this information on a livejournal page, as opposed to... maybe... an update on the official page for the book? I mean seriously, I've been searching this website for an hour, before I finally found this post. That's kind of ridiculous.

But like I said, I am glad there is at least some forward momentum on the game.
Because Kromm poss his rumors there and the guy who updates this site is mostly busy keeping it and W23 running. Also whats on the GURPS Book and other pages is official and they dont like to update those things till they have concrete dates set.
However we do discuss various rumors n this thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166780

Note the Published section is out of date because I exceeded my word count and broke things trying to trim the raw data. I'll fix it but likely be a few more weeks as I have a looming deadline.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #42
talonthehand

Quote:
That's great! But why is this information on a livejournal page, as opposed to... maybe... an update on the official page for the book? I mean seriously, I've been searching this website for an hour, before I finally found this post. That's kind of ridiculous.

But like I said, I am glad there is at least some forward momentum on the game.
The GURPS page (as opposed to GURPS forum) gets updated monthly with updates, and has the Girl Genius info on it.
talonthehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:39 AM   #43
Astromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm View Post
I haven’t seen anything on the SJG side but Studio Folio has confirmed that GGG is well advanced:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2628791

“Also, Girl Genius GURPS is becoming a reality! That’s Steve Jackson’s Generic Universal Role Playing System for those who might not know. We’ve looked over their manuscript and added a bunch of our own stuff, and now it’s almost ready to send back to SJG. We are very excited about it.”
Oh joy unbounded!

Ancora Imparo
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:16 PM   #44
ProfessorDetective

I am very glad to see the gears creaking back to life on this one. I've only read the first hundred pages of GG, but the setting is definitely my cuppa...

Or a similar tasting blend, I'm more of a DUNGEON/DIESEL/PENTIUM/SOLARpunk, personally.

To quote myself from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFrie..._mine/g169uur/

Quote:
A vending machine, covered in vines, that takes credit cartridges and sells Potions of Healing next to glass-bottle Cola (and Bandcamp codes for some reason). (I.E.: https://twitter.com/inprnt/status/1162181941086605312/)

Opposite it is an equally overgrown DataTerm with Art Deco filigree and slots for cred carts (1¢/min audio call or 500 character text message.) and data carts (5¢/TB up/download from cloud storage. Cart holds 4TB. No cost to redeem the Bandcamp codes, but it plays an advert). (No art at hand, sadly.)

Magic and Industry and Nature and Technology in improbable Harmony...
I have VERY eclectic taste, alright?

Anyway, can't wait for GGG!

Last edited by ProfessorDetective; 08-22-2020 at 03:22 PM.
ProfessorDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:32 PM   #45
Scormey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Because Kromm poss his rumors there and the guy who updates this site is mostly busy keeping it and W23 running. Also whats on the GURPS Book and other pages is official and they dont like to update those things till they have concrete dates set.
However we do discuss various rumors n this thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=166780

Note the Published section is out of date because I exceeded my word count and broke things trying to trim the raw data. I'll fix it but likely be a few more weeks as I have a looming deadline.
I get that, I do, and I am glad that there is forward movement on this project. My concern is that it is so hard to find this information, which is not necessarily just a SJG problem. the GG website doesn't even discuss the game at all, but they have commented about it on a recent Kickstarter post. As for SJ information, it has - until recently - had to be found on outside sources, as well.

Can you understand how people who, like myself, are GG fans but not someone who frequents SJ's forums (let alone the personal blogs of staff), might have given up on this project ever coming out? The communication from both sides - SJ and GG both - seems lackluster up until now, and even then, GG posting about it on their Kickstarter project page still isn't ideal.

Regardless, there is news, and that's something. Thank you.
Scormey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #46
Scormey

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand View Post
The GURPS page (as opposed to GURPS forum) gets updated monthly with updates, and has the Girl Genius info on it.
Tell Google that, because that page never came up in my searches. Which adds to my point that people who don't frequent SJG website as a general rule, aren't likely to find this info.
Scormey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:00 PM   #47
Refplace

Quote:
Tell Google that, because that page never came up in my searches. Which adds to my point that people who don't frequent SJG website as a general rule, aren't likely to find this info.
Yeah, though not sure what we can do about it. It was talked about over on EnWorld and a few blog sites besides here. However SJG GURPS Marketing budget is practically nonexistent and of course with no concrete date set spending money on marketing is a poor idea. Once its released though I expect to see discussion not only here but on other sites as well, including I hope from Phil Foglio.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #48
ravenfish

There's also the possibility that, given the history of GURPS Girl Genius repeatedly facing extended delays, they'd rather not build much hype for it until they're certain that this time it's actually coming.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:59 PM   #49
dcarson

SJGames doesn't like to say anything until they are certain because of projects that died and customers that wouldn't shut up about them.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #50
modenstein

The most recent comic has a statement at the bottom that they’re selecting Art work for GURPS Girl Genius ... that’s interesting....
modenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
girl genius, webcomic