Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 12-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #841
quarkstomper

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
"If you're done with your thirty minute ferret battle..."
That's not my games, that's my life. We own eight ferrets, and their daily exercise romp when we let them out of their cage so I can clean it invariably winds up with one of them (Attila) burrowing into my pocket, stealing my wallet, and stashing it under one of the tables. And one of the others, (Onyx) chomping on any bits of exposed flesh she can find. (I am the only person in the family she bites). All the while, I am trying to keep the rest of them from sneaking back behind the computers and pulling out plugs. Fun times.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #842
Icelander

A few from a game of Victorian Monster Hunters, while exploring a town house with questionable dimensional integrity and an abudance of life... but not as we know it.

Mostly OCC, but some actual quotes. Mostly out of context, because it's more fun that way:

NPC decapitated head: "Kill me... it hurts so much..."
Player 1: "I look for something to put the head in. Oooh, a pith helmet! I use that."
Player 2: "You need help."
Player 1 [to GM]: "Can her head be my familiar?"

PC3: "Do we even know that they're hostile?"
PC2: "It's a gibbering demon monkey!"
PC1: "How do you know it's demonic? Maybe it's just exotic?"
PC2: "It's got tentacles! Not even its mother loved it. I'm calling it. It's demonic."

PC1: "It's still my town house. The previous owner might have momentarily returned to a horrifying fascimile of life, but he was certified dead by a doctor and I didn't see any doctor certifying him undead."
PC3: "Maybe you ought to see a solicitor about the issue."
PC2: "Aren't demons and undead enough for you?"

Player 2: "Who'll go first to scout? Does anyone have better Stealth than my intrepid explorer and big game hunter?"
Other Players: "[Arguing about the unsuitability of their PCs to be the scout]"
GM: "Keep in mind that if the Explorer PC is the scout, that means he'll be unavailable as the guy covering the scout and he's the only good shot."
[beat]
Player 2: "That little Cockney kid who tried to sell us on him being the chimney sweep probably has decent Stealth and he's still small enough to get a SM modifier to it..."
Player 3: "We are not using the 11-year-old kid as bait!"
Player 2: "You're the one who's giving kids guns here. I'm just following your lead, Father."

PC1: "But we've killed the demonic spider!"
PC2: "Spider or spiders?"
PC1: "Why would you even say that?"

Player 3: "We follow the tracks of the two-legged goats. They look legit and safe."

GM: "You can hear shrill laughter among the misty trees, equal parts mischievous, childish and full of leering knowledge, in a voice far too deep and old to cackle like a schoolyard bully."
PC2: "This is why you don't give cigars and whiskey to small boys, Father."

PC1: "We could just go back..."
PC2: "Through spider country?"
PC1: "Right. [beat] Onward!"

Player 2: "Is that...?"
Player 3: "GOATBOY! Kill them all with holy fire!"

Player 3: "Yeah! Now Goatboy has a bayonet in him and the power of Christ compelling him."
Player 2: "Plus he doesn't seem to be well-endowed."
GM: "The shaggy goat creature is only 4' tall. Proportionally, he's doing okay."
Player 2: "Pfui. It's a little boy's pee-pee. - Not that they're not okay to scratch an itch.."

GM: "The last of the shaggy goat creatures snaps out of his daze, stops lazily gurgling wine and starts to roll off the bloody pile of whimpering bodies. Evidence of his total lack of amusment is supplied by the wilting of his erect member."
Player 3: "Hah! How do you like that, Goatboy!? I killed all your buddies!"
Player 2: "GM already said he didn't like it."

GM: "The smoke is coming from a short man-like creature standing next to the minotaur. It's wearing a rather natty evening suit and top hat, smoking a cigarette from a silver mouthpiece. It appears to be an ape, most likely a chimpanzee."
Player 2: "I don't know if I can shoot that. He's far too cute."
GM: "He's eating a drumstick with his other hand. Seems to be a human arm."
Player 2: "Fine, I'll shoot the damn chimp in a top hat!"
Player 3: [cues Puttin' on the Ritz]
Player 2: "I'm taking special care not to shoot the top hat. Base of the head, yes, but not the top hat. [beat] Nobody better touch that top hat. That's my swanky top hat now."
Old 01-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #843
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Not exactly a quote, but a campaign phrase that has entered our slanguage.

In our one-on-one Supers campaign, the brilliant and beautiful Dr. Mist went to the rescue of a reporter friend only to get knocked out herself. When she woke up, she had been abducted to a small factory used by the supervillain, somewhere in Delaware. She had been handcuffed and stripped down, since the villain was aware she was a gadgeteer who could have wondrous devices hidden anywhere.

She survived the planned deathtrap, but for secret ID purposes (long story), had to arrange for herself to be found at the factory by the police, apparently the victim of a celebrity kidnapping.

Ever since then, whenever her police officer husband thinks she's about to go off on her own and do something reckless, the following exchange usually takes place.

He: "Remember, no more Delawares."
She: "No more Delawares."

EDIT: OK, sometimes, it gets more elaborate, as seen in one of my earlier posts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Dr. Mist and her husband Steve, discussing a reporter friend with a penchant for getting in trouble:

STEVE: "Unless she gives you another mysterious cell phone call, we barely know where to look."
MIST: "Is that why my phone is on your nightstand?"
STEVE: (Smile) "Let's just say I'm good at recognizing patterns."
MIST: "You know, I only got one mysterious call from her. Okay, so I ended up naked in Delaware, but one incident is hardly cause for a pattern."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 01-05-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #844
stilletto_rebel

The Colonial Marines have crash-landed on a planet where a local tells them that something on this world causes the dead to rise again shortly after being killed. To ensure they stay dead, recently killed beings need to have their brains pierced/destroyed. The only officer amongst the group is also their Doctor. IRL he's a professor.

Doc: Okay... so if I get killed make sure before you pierce my brain!
<Half of us give him funny looks>
Engineer: Dude, don't you mean check before we pierce your brain??
Doc: Yes!! Yes, do that first before you make sure!!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #845
Phantasm

From my Star Wars game last month:

<Mekyla> "There's a planet here."
<Lyeana> "We could fix that, you know."
<Leslie> "Now now, Lyeana, one mustn't waste planets. You never know when they could come in handy."
<Jaddak> "Not even you can destroy an entire planet"
<Jaddak> "Destroy all life on said planet I have no doubt but actually destroy it ...no"
<Dmitri> "The day one person can destroy a whole planet is the day I call it quits and retire to Alderaan..."

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-07-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #846
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmedic View Post
Why didn't he play along with the threat to sell him back to Elena? I'd have been all ''oh no, Brer Fox, don't throw me in dat briar patch!" ;)
Well he probably didn't think the other PCs would be quite that dumb.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #847
McNutcase

From my current Mage game over Skype:

"If you talk more, I'm going to have to give your lawyer more penalties..."

"Does Nevada still have that rule where if you survive three executions, they let you go free?"
"I don't think anywhere has that rule..."
McNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #848
David Johnston2

"So she's an emotionally disturbed recluse with superpowers and we're unexpected visitors. Let's go say hi!"
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #849
McNutcase

"So we walk into the IRS, point a gun at someone, and say 'Take us to your leader!'"

--

"Well, most of the people you'd recognise got arrested..."
McNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:39 AM   #850
Dead Monky

"I am Queen Dick Hit!"
One of my players shouted that after her random hit location rolls came up "Groin" several times in a roll. She's now keeping a tally of her character's strikes to the groin.

Tags
actual play, funny