Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #451
Semni

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

In the same campaign as before, now with Dawn, a fellow Merc who was hired along with her to protect another PC. The PC (Ramesh) is very indecisive and finally makes a decision on where to go, this is her reaction.

<Marque> "Yippee!" and hop-skips ahead a little, singing. o/'We're off to see the Wizard, the Wonderful Wizard of Oz.o/'
<Dawn> "Have you considered cutting back on the Sugar in her diet?"

Later the group arrives at a mosque, their objective, yet strangely it seems devoid of any minarettes. Nathan is the third Merc in the group and husband of Dawn.

<Marque> "This mosque sucks." eyeing the blatant lack of minarettes.
* Ramesh scratches his chin at that. "Not really a mosque without them, yes."
<Nathan> "Hmm?"
<Nathan> "Minarette?"
<Marque> "Thin towers built onto mosques, a guy climbs up into them and yells at you."
<Nathan> "Ahhh..."
<Dawn> "Yeah, f*** this, let's go home. No minarettes, pfeh. Came all this way."
Semni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #452
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semni View Post

<Marque> "This mosque sucks." eyeing the blatant lack of minarettes.
* Ramesh scratches his chin at that...
If he's scratching his chin, it's probably not the mosques that are sucking ... it's the mosque-itos. :p

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #453
rust

A female player was searching her character sheet for the session, but the
mess in her room made it impossible to find anything, so in the end she screa-
med: "I have lost my character !"
From the neighbouring kitchen came her mother's dry answer: "We all have
noticed that, dear."
rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #454
Cyratos

Alright, this one has nothing to do with the specific IC, but I know a player who plays this character, and the sheet onto which that character is written is definitely 7+ years old, so I'll be damned.

That paper is as yellow as the background of these forums, the erasers marks are...EVERYWHERE, along with pencil marks. It looks as if every single inch of that paper has been written on and erased hundreds and hundreds of times.

The paper was folded, I believe, in any possible direction.

Drops of juice and beer are occasionally found on the sheet, with several burnings of a cigar, as well. The picture of the character is IMPOSSIBLE to be seen, although it is supposed to resemble an "30-ish year old dragon hunter."

And to put the cherry on the top, that character appeared in every possible campaign we played, with the same name and skills, modified by the setting, of course (TL-/+ if necessary, Un.Backgr. etc...)

The player, I believe, has merely played 3 different characters in his life, with this one being the ultimate.

I believe we're talking about a 3e holy warrior/fighter/bard/mage/everythingbloodyelse with ~500 points. Can't remember the name.
Cyratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #455
SCHIFTY

Traveller campaign -- We have a scout ship, and a war between the Empire and the Zhodani (psionic humanoids with orangish skin) is brewing. We've been carrying a scientist with top secret data across the empire, and we've almost made it, despite several attempts by Zhodani spies and saboteurs. Finally, a Zhodani diplomat makes an actual overture to us invites us to dinner to discuss a matter of "mutual benefit." He offers a major bribe (although not quite as good as it looks) to turn over what he thinks we're carrying -- a psionic attack amplifier (he's wrong). He says that if he's wrong, he'll surrender to Imperial Justice. We've gone to meet with him, and he's made his offer, saying that the psionic weapon we're carrying will kill billions of innocent Zhodani, and billions of innocent humans will suffer needlessly. Most of the PC's are humans, and we're all looking at him incredulously, because the Empire doesn't have psionic weapons. All except our new medic, who isn't human -- he's a droyne, a small reptilian with compound eyes and insectile wings. He pipes up, "We've got a lot of psionic weapons. Which one do you mean?"

The humans all go silent, several with spit takes or choking, and look at him. The Zhodani looks concerned.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #456
McNutcase

So, at this year's Dundracon, a friend ran a pickup game using the PDQ system. We started with barbarian characters, and things rapidly degenerated from there. Lees than five minutes in, after I rolled several exploding dice on a vomiting check (don't ask)... "The castle explodes in a geyser of vomit." As I said, it degenerated. Further lowlights included:

"The Viking is pleased with your t##s and gives you a flamethrower."

"You've never seen this before, but you kick him in the nuts so hard his testicles replace his eyeballs!"

"You are standing in what used to be a w###ehouse. It is now a smouldering, vomit-covered ruin. Also, you're holding a burned Viking corpse."

"OK, the fish heads are new, but something like this happens everywhere we show up!" ("something like this" being the utter destruction of everything which can be destroyed, and the covering of the remains in vomit...)

After the GM decided to start only accepting player actions in Infocom syntax: "You climb the jungle gym. You are now on a jungle gym. Obvious exits are down."

Since we'd gone for silly and decided to record status effects as inventory items (which later allowed me to sell a case of rabies for 2 gold): "Can I use my fire damage to light the way?"

And to cap it off.. "Fine! I f### the nonexistent celery!"
McNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #457
Koshka

The Sunday game has gone back to superheroes, who are looking for their home dimension. The world we got to at the beginning of yesterday's session ain't it, it's an Earth in the middle of losing to alien invaders. Once we drove back a battalion or so, the GM gave us an infodump on the situation, including a quick rundown on which areas have already fallen:

GM: ... Detroit is a glowing radioactive crater.
Player 1: Untouched, then.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #458
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

The party was talking to a recently-murdered friend (as a ghost) who was giving them vital information about the murderer(s).

Sunny (murderee/NPC): “There are two of them, a man and a woman.”
Rosalie (me): *nods* “That meshes with the visions I’ve seen.”
Sunny: “The man is tall, about six-foot. He’s almost unnatural looking, but still geekish, and still gives off the air of a rockstar. He’s got long, straight black hair, with long bangs. He was wearing little dark-lensed glasses . . ..”
Rosalie: “You were killed by Ozzy Osbourne!?”
Party: *laughing*
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #459
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Okay, so the party is investigating a series of accidents at an archaeological dig site. They’ve discovered that the accidents were caused by a psychic parasite. This parasite first causes a suppression of sexual desires, then a full suppression of all emotions.

They know they’ve all been exposed (but none of the PCs are actually infected, but two of the NPCs are) and are fully aware of the parasite's existence and it's behavior.

Kathy is Natalie’s mother, and Sayla is Natalie’s cousin. Both Kathy and Sayla are NPCs.

Tom: “What were you an Kathy fighting about, in there?”
Natalie: “I don’t understand what’s wrong with her.”
Sam: “Kathy’s under a lot of pressure, she’s doing most of the thinking in there.”
Tammi: “Yeah, figuring out how to battle this parasite is a lot of work. Since the victims become apathetic, it’s hard to get them to help.”
Natalie: “It’s like she just doesn’t care anymore.”
Tom: “Are you sure it’s not just her keeping her head under the pressure?”
Natalie: “No. It’s worse than that. It’s like she just doesn’t care about anything.”
Tammi: “I can’t imagine that being true; it’s just her scientist training.”
Natalie: “I told her about the potential cures we discovered and it was like it was too much of a bother for her to worry about them.”
Sayla (Me as NPC): “Like she can’t feel any strong emotions?”
Natalie: “Exactly. It’s like she can’t feel anything.”
Tom: “Well, if that’s true, we’ll have to figure out what’s wrong with her.”
Tammi: “Well, it could just be all the work. She may need a night off.”
Sam: “Well, she hasn’t been in the mood for sex since a couple of days after we got here. She must be focused.”
Tom: “I noticed that, too. I figured she just didn’t want to do anything with Natalie so close by.”
Me (GM OOC): “Excuse me. I’ll be right back.” *walked outside and screamed*
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #460
Antiquation!

In a Post-Apocalyptic game I have been playing in, there have been many great quotes. My original character Charlie Wallace, a slick European mechanic with a forked tongue, had all sorts of golden moments. He also recently died, which is unfortunate, but he went out with a big bang.

For example, early on our group of wanderers were joined by an Amazonian warrior-type girl. This of course was undeniable bait for Charlie, being the sly glutton he is. While she was watering her horse, I sauntered up to her, leaned against the saddle, and mustering up my most cornball facial expression I say "so, do you, uh... survive around here often?" and add a wink at the end.

Later on, a mutant in our group named Kreon was negotiating some trades to the local junkyard scavenger. He sets his eyes on a hand grenade, and though he has barely enough things to trade for it, it's old and worn and possibly a dud. So after a while of examining it and pondering he turns and asks us "should I get it? It might not even work, and it's really worn out", to which I replied, "well at least you know it's not used". That earned both laughs and groans.

I found a big ball of well-chewed hardened bubble gum, and I was planning on bringing out the old Duke Nukem line eventually; that is to say, "it's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of gum". Unfortunately I died shortly thereafter so I never got the chance to deliver another cheesy one-liner.

Damn I love one-liners.

Tags
actual play, funny