Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #211
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua, how will you get to the location without Botha finding out?
Hm. Can I pull the same trick as last meeting? (i.e. go to the room with the big window for some event and slip away momentarily.)
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #212
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm. Can I pull the same trick as last meeting? (i.e. go to the room with the big window for some event and slip away momentarily.)
That should work, yes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #213
TGLS

Alright. We go to floor six because X is going on there tonight. While Botha is distracted looking at the funny colors out the window, I slip away to floor five.

Quote:
[127] 20-10-19 17:29:46 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 6 + 6 = 14 ... success
Success by 4.

When Day arrives, I'll say:

"No problems with your interrogation I assume. I think they bought my story for now at least."

"I'm trying to get a replacement for the pills they put into the food in my mess. Chuvi Teezor uses a similarly colored filler; I tried to get her to mention it, and I think it would be too suspicious to attempt again. Any ideas?"

"I'll start casing the armories, but I want to recover my powers before I try to pick those locks. I want to disable most of the guns at the same time."
Old 10-20-2020, 06:10 AM   #214
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Gnome? I think we're waiting on you...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #215
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar marks his target and gives him the fanaticism. He's not entirely sure who the guy is, but he'll probably find out soon enough.

That evening, the two Dreadstormers are scheduled to meet up.

Daymar can meet pretty freely, but he'll need to specify where he parks Pothi.

Hua, how will you get to the location without Botha finding out?
Day will excuse himself from whatever activity he and Pothi are engaged in, saying, "Just need to hit the head, be back soon.", and then goes to the meet.

When he sees Hua, he says, "Well, you sure turned up the heat on things. I'm in the clear, but they definitely know something is going on. I've started planting "time-bombs" - random people made fanatically loyal to the Republic, so hopefully that will prove a distraction." Responding to the question about the pills, "I'm not sure what could be used as filler, I'll think about it and keep it in mind. I was wondering if you might be able to secure some weapons for me - a sidearm, a carbine, a knife. Is that something you can do?"
Old 10-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #216
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Well, you sure turned up the heat on things. I'm in the clear, but they definitely know something is going on. I've started planting "time-bombs" - random people made fanatically loyal to the Republic, so hopefully that will prove a distraction."
"Maybe you could make one a firebug from Jorbani, and have him claim burning the flour was a psyop?"

Quote:
"I'm not sure what could be used as filler, I'll think about it and keep it in mind. I was wondering if you might be able to secure some weapons for me - a sidearm, a carbine, a knife. Is that something you can do?"
"I could try to grab a kitchen knife or something. I'd want a distraction or invisibility before trying to raid the armories."
Old 10-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #217
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Maybe you could make one a firebug from Jorbani, and have him claim burning the flour was a psyop?"
"Well, that's an idea. The firebug is doable, and maybe a false memory that he is responsible...I'll see what I can do."

Quote:
"I could try to grab a kitchen knife or something. I'd want a distraction or invisibility before trying to raid the armories."
Day shakes his head, "I imagine I could get a kitchen knife, I'm looking for something more substantial. We don't know how much longer we have, and the fire has made our job harder, because now they pretty much know that dreadstormers are on board. If need be, I can disable the ship's engines to buy us some more time, but we need to get moving. When shall we meet next?"
Old 10-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #218
TGLS

Quote:
Day shakes his head, "I imagine I could get a kitchen knife, I'm looking for something more substantial. We don't know how much longer we have, and the fire has made our job harder, because now they pretty much know that dreadstormers are on board. If need be, I can disable the ship's engines to buy us some more time, but we need to get moving. When shall we meet next?"
"I don't think raiding the armory without either being able to disable most of the arms there or immediately beginning an assault is a great idea. Let's try to meet again in four days."

And now to return to deck 6.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #219
GnomesofZurich

Day hurries back to Pothi, but keeps his eye out on the way for anyone who might make a likely firebug. If he sees an opportunity to do so, he'll make contact and use Mental Surgery.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #220
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"I don't think raiding the armory without either being able to disable most of the arms there or immediately beginning an assault is a great idea. Let's try to meet again in four days."

And now to return to deck 6.
So that's friday.

Botha hasn't noticed Hua's absence.

Does Hua have any additional tricks to procure some filler? Does she have any actions to take before the next meeting?

Quote:
Day hurries back to Pothi, but keeps his eye out on the way for anyone who might make a likely firebug. If he sees an opportunity to do so, he'll make contact and use Mental Surgery.
He spots a likely target on the way back. Or rather two of them. How will he initiate contact, and how will he handle the other guy? or does a likely target mean an isolated one?