Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #21
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Starting a new campaign, setting, genre. I could use some major help!

It still feels like a straight port of Supers, reskinned and justified with TL^. Or maybe Exalted, in a way. (Haven't played Exalted, but the fanciness seems of the same level as in the interactive tutorial.)
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
Woodman

Default Re: Starting a new campaign, setting, genre. I could use some major help!

Maybe the Biomecha article from Pyramid3 #24 could be mined for stats of suits like the Protagonist in the vid.
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
Tuk the Weekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
There are going to be around six characters-ish. While I don't think ONE of them should be able to take those obstacles out alone... I think three or four of them should be enough.

The characters aren't really specified yet... Although I do plan on having mechas somewhere in the mix. Who doesn't like them? Raise your hand, I dare you! If you really boil it down... You're either a psi, an alien, or have access to some very impressive technology. Either that or you're the damn best gunslinger around!
Or you have a big brain and the right kind of screwdriver.

(Two hearts, the ability to regenerate, and a time machine also help…)
Tuk the Weekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
Tuk the Weekah

The original vid looked amazing, by the way.

The battle with the entry guards (and the scorpion-mech, later) looked remarkably like PHD (purple-haired dude) was playing chess with the mechs. To simulate that in GURPS you might want to consider letting your warriors have Style Familiarity (Mecha) vs. the lower-level threats.

Plus, that would be a cheap way to "punch up" the tension a few games in--"They've rewritten their attack matrices!"--just as soon as the players get used to their bonuses.
Tuk the Weekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, high-tech, japan, powers, psionics