Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #571
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

I'm about to upload a fixed version of the OpenOffice sheet that corrects the Protected Cell issue.

In addition I'm uploading RC8.1 for Excel and Excel2000 only. The only thing this changes is fixing the Hangar Bay and shuttle SM issues. Since this is a minor fix I didn't want to go through the hoops of the OpenOffice conversion until I have something more.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #572
Onkl

Thanks a lot, that really helped. Unfortunately, I now have another problem. When I save a ship to my now empty list, it says save successful in the Pop Up Textbox, but then I, when I switch over to the Saved Ship tab, I don't see it... in fact, the list shows a whole lot of: #N/A

What am I doing wrong?
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #573
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. There was a bug in the Save Ship Macro that screwed up the column index header I used within the sheet; unfortunately the column header is used to generate all the lists and find the ships, which is why everything goes #NA after the column index header goes blewie. I'm uploading the fixed sheet now, which should fix this issue.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #574
Onkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I'm uploading the fixed sheet now, which should fix this issue.
You're the best, thank you so much!

Cheers!!

Onkl
Old 11-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #575
Onkl

Loading and saving now works like a charm.

A few problems though:

When I load a Ship, it doesn't load the Ship Options (Design Table, top left)... they are all empty - would be wonderful if these options would be saved too.

Also, sometimes the sheet somehow seems to stop auto-calculating when I choose a System for example... I then have to hit Refresh Rows to see what the sheet calculates. Any ideas?

Again. Your sheet is fantastic and it makes using Spaceships a real blast! Thank you!

Cheers

Onkl
Old 11-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #576
ericbsmith

Quote:
When I load a Ship, it doesn't load the Ship Options (Design Table, top left)... they are all empty - would be wonderful if these options would be saved too.
Specifically, are you talking about Streamlining, Winged, Hardened Armor, etc? I'm not seeing an issue with saving or restoring these options, so I'm not sure why you would be.

Quote:
Also, sometimes the sheet somehow seems to stop auto-calculating when I choose a System for example... I then have to hit Refresh Rows to see what the sheet calculates. Any ideas?
In order to speed up the running of Macros I have to turn off autocalculation, otherwise OpenOffice would recalculate the sheet every time a cell is written into; seeing as there are literally a few thousand cells that can be written into this significantly slows down (the already slow) Macro execution. Unfortunatly, sometimes OpenOffice doesn't turn the autocalculation back on like it should. This appears to be a bug in OpenOffice Basic, and there's nothing I know of that can fix this other than closing OpenOffice and reopening it.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #577
apoc527

How dangerous is it to go mucking around with the names (and some stats) of the various systems? I want to use this sheet in my GURPS: Star*Drive conversion, but I am hoping to rename certain things and make some minor stat adjustments (which, now that I think about it, is mostly a matter of just renaming things).

I already discovered the hidden data worksheets and did some brief experimentation, but if you can tell me what I am in most danger of breaking beforehand, that would be great!

Thanks!

Edit: I have been 90% successful in editing this to my heart's desire. The one thing that's confusing me is a power plant that I tried to give a new kind of fuel. It just really didn't like that and I can't figure out why...

Currently Playing: GURPS Banestorm: The Symmetry of Darkness

Inactive:
Star*Drive: 2525-Hunting for Fun and Profit
My THS Campaign-In the Shadows of Venus
Yrth--The Legend Begins
The XCOM Apocalypse

Last edited by apoc527; 01-12-2014 at 02:56 PM.
apoc527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #578
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
Edit: I have been 90% successful in editing this to my heart's desire. The one thing that's confusing me is a power plant that I tried to give a new kind of fuel. It just really didn't like that and I can't figure out why...
Did you change to an existing fuel type or try to create a new fuel type? For the most part you can probably get a new fuel type by doing a Replace All of one of the (unique) fuel types with the one you want to use in all of the appropriate sheets (that is, the two hidden Stat sheets, the Design Table, and the Performance sheet). For instance, you wouldn't want to replace Hydrogen, as it's a common word used in all sorts of places, but you might replace A/M-Catalyzed Water, as that's a pretty unique term. Note that Fuel Used is in column AP of the SystemsV2 sheet.

Note also that all the changes you make will have to be redone should I release a new version of my sheet.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #579
DaltonS

Okay, I just finished reading the Pyramid 3/64: Pirates and Swashbucklers article Sailing the Open Skies (p.29) and am wondering when the new systems, options and design switches from this article can be included in the spreadsheet. Also, I'd like to see Speed Limited and Anywhere options added to Parachronic and Time Flux Drive systems (SS7 p.12).

Dalton “It's been quiet here for a while, hasn't it?” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #580
ericbsmith

I hadn't realized there were new rules in Pyramid 3/64. Looking them over it doesn't look like there's anything too strange or unusual, so incorporating them shouldn't be too difficult. I'll see if I can work on them this week sometime.
Kaboom-baya.

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet