Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #1
DeDiceManCometh

Default Product Request: Morphomat (tiles)

Just throwing this out there,... I love the mat mats,... I mean, the mat materials of the TFT mats. The vinyl-ness of them; how they don't slip around on the table. I know there are hex/megahex tiles out there, but they are made of different schtuff.

I am not a makr or craft-adept person, but I might get an extra Ultramat and an Xacto knife and see if I can't carve out prototype tiles.

The only addition I might try is to coat the thin edges with a magnetic paint for stickiness. (That's stuff is fairly weakly magnetic, I think, so recombining tiles shouldn't be an issue.) The only reservation I have about this idea is if that paint has actual poles like metal magnets, and would that make finding the right edges to mate fiddly?

Or is the manufacturing process of punching/edge-coating so prohibitively expensive, it wouldn't be worth it?

If such a product already exists, my Google-Fu is weak. Just follow with a post that says, "You mean like this."