Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
jfowler

Default Aim & Innate Attack

HI all -

tried to find the answer to this question, and maybe I did, but wanted to check and be sure.

How does the Aim maneuver affect a ranged Innate Attack? (e.g., mage casting a missile spell, or a dragon's breath?)

GURPS Magic seems to indicate that Aiming is useful with a missile spell. However, I can't find anything that indicates there is an Acc bonus with Innate Attacks. So, would there have to be at least 2 turns of Aim to get any sort of benefit (i.e., the 'extra' +1 bonus) for an Innate Attack?

I suppose that particular Innate Attacks could be defined to have Acc bonuses...

thanks -
jfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: Aim & Innate Attack

An innate attack advantage comes with Acc 3, and can have its' Acc modified up and down by enhancements and limitations.

I don't recall if standard magic missile spells include an Acc, but even if they don't the Aim maneuver itself will give bonuses (+1 for two seconds, +2 for three or more seconds). EDIT: And it appears that at least some of the missile spells include the Acc stat for the missiles they generate. Lightning, for example, has an Acc of 3.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Ulzgoroth

Aim interacts with innate attacks and spells exactly the same as it does with everything else. I'm not sure what the Acc given to missile spells is. Hopefully it's somewhere in Magic, possibly in the front with the discussion of spell types.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

It works the same way as it does with all other Range attack

Innate attack on B61 lists the basics stats which includes Acc 3. It can be modified with Accurate (B102) or Inaccurate (B122)

Magical Missile Spells have lists stats in the spell description such a fireball on B247 lists an Acc of 1
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
jfowler

thanks for the help - somehow I had missed the Acc listed under each spell...
jfowler is offline   Reply With Quote