Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #691
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The meeting ends at the sixth hour of the first shift. You expect 70 hours to pass until you arrive at the depot. You expect Daymar's shift to be locked down three hours before arrival. Daymar and Hua have two more hours of work expected. Its evening for Pacifica. Each of the dreadstormers has work to do.



at T-68:30 hours (2.5 hours from the meeting end), Zybo will interview the remaining suspected officers:

  • Lieutenant Chojo, Shields 1st mate
  • Lieutenant Nichapu, Missiles 1st mate
This will be right as Pacifica is going to sleep, and as Daymar and Hua are getting off. Does anyone have actions to do before that?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #692
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar will return from his "break" and re-join Pothi in working on repairs. Nothing else planned before the meeting with Zybo.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #693
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
This will be right as Pacifica is going to sleep, and as Daymar and Hua are getting off. Does anyone have actions to do before that?
Right. Before my shift ends, I'll try to steal a uniform from a laundry or something, and hide it somewhere. If I have enough time, I'd like to do this on the way back to Thibi, instead of having to come up with another excuse cycle. I guess this could be done with Stealth or Photorefraction as I can turn invisible?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #694
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) This will be right as Pacifica is going to sleep, and as Daymar and Hua are getting off. Does anyone have actions to do before that?
Besides this. Pacifica will head to Zybo's place to attend the interview, I believe Daymar will be there as well; we have to put Daymar and Pothi in a new section.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #695
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right. Before my shift ends, I'll try to steal a uniform from a laundry or something, and hide it somewhere. If I have enough time, I'd like to do this on the way back to Thibi, instead of having to come up with another excuse cycle. I guess this could be done with Stealth or Photorefraction as I can turn invisible?
I think you need to roll both, but a success on both will get you the uniform. What section will you grab a uniform from?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Besides this.
None of the information they have is more than a smidgen of what you find in Zybo's files. They're all talking about the attempt to sabotage the drive. They think this means they should expect a telekinetic, as those are most commonly trained in high-level sabotage.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #696
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think you need to roll both, but a success on both will get you the uniform. What section will you grab a uniform from?
Grabbing a lasers uniform. (It hardly matters to me, just need something I can stain with blood and have no link back to me).

Quote:
[458] 21-05-28 20:02:58 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15 - 5 + 4 + 6 = 15 ... success [Oops, should have been a 15... still a success]
[457] 21-05-28 20:02:52 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 - 5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
Looks successful to me. Now to hide it to use later.

Quote:
[459] 21-05-28 20:05:23 CEST
Camouflage
3d6 <= 16 - 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
By seven points.

--

So what kind of penalty would a scalpel have when using it as an improvised weapon? Anywhere I could plausibly find a better knife? (i.e. the armories?)
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #697
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Hua grabs a lasers section uniform, and sneaks it out of the laundary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So what kind of penalty would a scalpel have when using it as an improvised weapon? Anywhere I could plausibly find a better knife? (i.e. the armories?)
the scalpel is effectively a small knife (basic page 272), for sw-3 and thr-1. No penalty for use with knife skill.

The armories do include a stock of combat knives. There are also a few industrial tools that will do the job (box cutters are worse than scalpels though, doing the same damage with a -1 improvised weapon penalty).
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #698
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua grabs a lasers section uniform, and sneaks it out of the laundary


the scalpel is effectively a small knife (basic page 272), for sw-3 and thr-1. No penalty for use with knife skill.

The armories do include a stock of combat knives. There are also a few industrial tools that will do the job (box cutters are worse than scalpels though, doing the same damage with a -1 improvised weapon penalty).
OK, so the plan is during sleep shift I'll:
-> Change into the lasers uniform
-> Case the infirmary (while invisible)
-> Filch a scalpel
-> Wait for someone to peel off alone, or for the number of people in the infirmary to grow low enough
-> Daze and assassinate someone. or if the number in the infirmary is low enough, all of them (possibly going: Daze (all), then grapple and cut to the neck)

Given we're going chronologically this will happen later.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #699
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Commander Zybo has security guards escort daymar and pacifica up to the officer's quarters at the appointed time.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:13 PM   #700
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar goes along with the guards, saluting Zybo when he arrives. "Sir, have you arranged for the for the remaining officers to be brought here?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.