Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2022, 05:12 AM   #1161
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Nijothu says to Sargent Pookivo and the remaining guards, "Our job will be to neutralize the other security. If we can avoid battles and do this quietly, I can also convince most of them to join our side, but this will have to be done little by little, a pair at a time. Sargent, what's your recommendation?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:20 AM   #1162
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Reported Spam
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:29 AM   #1163
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well... Not sure what I'm going to do with two security guards. I'll want a working pistol and a knife if they have one, any working gun if they don't.
That's easy to scrounge up, as long as you ask before you leave the security area.


Quote:
OK, I'll send them ahead to distract the guards. I dunno, I'll come up with an excuse why they'd come down personally. Maybe an officer is paranoid or something. I'll tell them I'll be dazing the other guard, so don't let them shake the other awake.

Then I'll sneak in cloaked to daze the guards inside (I think there's two).

Well I guess we're going into combat.
There is a brief conversation, and then Hua strikes, but only stuns one of them. He calls out "Help!" and turns around, looking for Hua.



The other two guards raise their weapons and say "surrender!"


The remaining guard turns back around freezes, slowly putting down his weapon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Nijothu says to Sargent Pookivo and the remaining guards, "Our job will be to neutralize the other security. If we can avoid battles and do this quietly, I can also convince most of them to join our side, but this will have to be done little by little, a pair at a time. Sargent, what's your recommendation?"

"Most of the first shift security is in their quarters sleeping, but at least one or two will be awake for one reason or another. You could slip in there alone and work your way through, but that might end up with you getting shot. I think pulling folks out one by one might work out the same way... someone will wake up and notice what is happening. I think rushing the room with everyone we have would work best. How would you suggest making sure no one secretly pulls a gun from under their pillow?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:30 AM   #1164
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is a brief conversation, and then Hua strikes, but only stuns one of them. He calls out "Help!" and turns around, looking for Hua.

The other two guards raise their weapons and say "surrender!"

The remaining guard turns back around freezes, slowly putting down his weapon.
Hm. How far is the security quarters from here? Any chance either pair of guards happens to be carrying cuffs? Regardless I'll disarm the both of the unbrainwashed guards and start opening the cells.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #1165
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Most of the first shift security is in their quarters sleeping, but at least one or two will be awake for one reason or another. You could slip in there alone and work your way through, but that might end up with you getting shot. I think pulling folks out one by one might work out the same way... someone will wake up and notice what is happening. I think rushing the room with everyone we have would work best. How would you suggest making sure no one secretly pulls a gun from under their pillow?"
"There's no simple way of preventing someone from pulling a gun, doing it as quickly as possible is the best way, preferably quietly so most are still asleep. If there's only one or two awake I can likely silence them, otherwise I'll need your guards to cover the door(s) and those sleeping. There is going to be risk involved with this, but having two of the three shifts of security with us will make the rest of this exercise easier."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:35 AM   #1166
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm. How far is the security quarters from here? Any chance either pair of guards happens to be carrying cuffs? Regardless I'll disarm the both of the unbrainwashed guards and start opening the cells.
The guards of the cells happen to be carrying cuffs.


Checking location...


Quote:
Hua and Botha are both taken to a small compartment on the port side of floor 14. She is surprized to see that while five of the emptied brick chambers are open, one is closed and locked, and guards already posted. Did they already arrest somebody?
oh wow, that's really close. two or three compartments away. I must have put the brig close to security quarters on purpose.



The four cells are still there. private Tithoki, a member of security who you made the promise to, is most appreciative, and explains the situation to the other prisoners.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"There's no simple way of preventing someone from pulling a gun, doing it as quickly as possible is the best way, preferably quietly so most are still asleep. If there's only one or two awake I can likely silence them, otherwise I'll need your guards to cover the door(s) and those sleeping. There is going to be risk involved with this, but having two of the three shifts of security with us will make the rest of this exercise easier."

The plan is made to have a couple of people walk in and out to hopefully find the people who are awake, and then send Daymar in, while members of security wait outside the door or on the floor with weapons. Daymar will neutralize the wakers, and then security will move in more firmly, but let them sleep while daymar moves through them.


Make a stealth roll.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:09 AM   #1167
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The four cells are still there. private Tithoki, a member of security who you made the promise to, is most appreciative, and explains the situation to the other prisoners.
OK, I'll go fetch the uniforms I stole way earlier so they can blend in.
Quote:
[777] 22-01-20 15:08:52 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success
[776] 22-01-20 15:08:43 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #1168
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The plan is made to have a couple of people walk in and out to hopefully find the people who are awake, and then send Daymar in, while members of security wait outside the door or on the floor with weapons. Daymar will neutralize the wakers, and then security will move in more firmly, but let them sleep while daymar moves through them.

Make a stealth roll.
[778] 22-01-20 18:29:19 CET

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:37 PM   #1169
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica, accompanied by the guards, heads to the officer’s quarters. Meanwhile, she asks the guards about their tenure in the Zorbani forces, and their opinion about Zybo. She also wants to learn (and asks) how they feel about the plan. Pacifica will reach the most approachable subverted officer.

Note: Pacifica is not showing her face, tell me if you require a roll to regarding this. I already rolled disguise.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:40 AM   #1170
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I'll go fetch the uniforms I stole way earlier so they can blend in.
Hua sneaks about, getting the uniforms so the whole group can return.



Private Tithoki wonders about getting weapons for them as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[778] 22-01-20 18:29:19 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 14
1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
Really nice roll... you needed it. Daymar finds and brainwashes the men who are awake first, then the whole group comes in slowly while daymar works his way through.


give me 28 brainwashing rolls.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica, accompanied by the guards, heads to the officer’s quarters. Meanwhile, she asks the guards about their tenure in the Zorbani forces, and their opinion about Zybo. She also wants to learn (and asks) how they feel about the plan. Pacifica will reach the most approachable subverted officer.

Note: Pacifica is not showing her face, tell me if you require a roll to regarding this. I already rolled disguise.
please roll stealth to avoid passerby noticing that you look weird.



Tozortu has been in the navy for five years, which is his entire career. He thinks Zybo is probably a political officer of some sort, strings attached to the ship by the Malu Empire... which makes him likely to be utterly useless.



Vorkuzo disagrees, and thinks Zybo is probably more loyal to the Zorbani than the rest of the ship... he's got more to prove. Neither have had much contact with the guy. Vorkuzo has been in the navy for eight years, but has only been security for three.



Tozortu like seizing the ship immediately, and thinks the plan is good. Vorkuzo thinks the coordination and timing of the plan is a touch sloppy and they'll likely end up having to do some shooting in the end. Both express regret that servicemen they know might end up dead.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.