Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Card Games

Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
CounterNoir123

Default Illuminati: Would You Want a new Expansion/ Speculation??

Illuminati is a great card game, but I think the cards are starting to get old.

I think SJ should make an expansion since it is almost 2012.(I dont believe in 2012). I think it should use groups like Social Networks, Online Video Streamers and many other conspiracy crazed people and countries. Do you agree with a new expansion, state your remarks on why or why not. If you want you could even speculate about it.
CounterNoir123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
ian king

Default Re: Illuminati: Would You Want a new Expansion/ Speculation??

I would love to see that, but I would personally like a BFD reprint more.
ian king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
ian king

Hot damn, looks like timing is everything. Illuminati, Y2K and BFD re-prints coming in the new year. Wooo! Got a whole crew of friends hooked on this game dying for Hitlers Brain.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Eschwenke

Seeing as how I posted on this on 11/08, it's understandable that you missed this:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=84738
Quote:
Could we possibly get some Illuminati support next year? With everything that's happened in the last year, plus the fact that it's a major election year, and there's that whole Mayan Calendar thing it seems like it would be the perfect time for some new cards, maybe in the form of a few boosters.

I'd really like to see some more Artifacts and NWOs, and some relevant groups that haven't been covered.
Also could we maybe have a Network 2.0 that would make the Network more of a force to be reckoned with as it should be in this day and age? And how about some updates to some other old ones while you're at it.
Lastly, I'd like to see something akin to NWO's but reflecting cataclysm and end-time scenarios, stuff like: The Rapture, Ragnarok, Peak Oil, Climate Change, Nuclear Holocaust, Meteor Strike, Mark of the Beast, Global Water Shortage, Mass Extinction, The Stars Align, Populist Uprising, etc.

Maybe make a booster That requires just Deluxe Illuminati, one that requires DI + the first booster, and one that requires DI, Y2K, BFD, MAD, and the other two.

Thanks!
Since then I've come up with a title: "Immanentize the Eschaton!"
Eschwenke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
smurf
Banned

I would just like a super big box of all the illuminati and expansion packs. Maybe not the one with the strange conversion rule.

Is there a web page for designing your own cards?
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
StormyWaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I would just like a super big box of all the illuminati and expansion packs. Maybe not the one with the strange conversion rule.

Is there a web page for designing your own cards?
I have a program I can link you (freeware) that you can make cards with. It's a design software, but you have to type in the dimensions, so you'd need to measure them or something. It could be done with a little bit of work.

Cthulhu: 1, 2, 3.

Munchkin Homebrew!

Illuminati: Deluxe, BFD, Y2K, MAD, Brainwash
StormyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
ian king

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyWaters View Post
I have a program I can link you (freeware) that you can make cards with. It's a design software, but you have to type in the dimensions, so you'd need to measure them or something. It could be done with a little bit of work.
When you print them do you have a method to print them directly onto the card somehow? Or do you just cut out the print and glue it to a blank card?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
StormyWaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
When you print them do you have a method to print them directly onto the card somehow? Or do you just cut out the print and glue it to a blank card?
You'd have to print them and cut them out. I'd just use sleeves, so you don't have to glue them or anything weird.

Cthulhu: 1, 2, 3.

Munchkin Homebrew!

Illuminati: Deluxe, BFD, Y2K, MAD, Brainwash
StormyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
Patient Zero

I use a high gloss laser printer label paper to make mine. I ONCE found it at Staples, but now have to special order it for full size. I also used the print center there or it might have been at Office Max. The final product looked AMAZINGLY nice. Accept for the misspellings. Always take the time to proof read BEFORE you spend $2.50 a sheet.

"Even a world government needs guidance..."
Patient Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illuminati