Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
aesir23

Default Re: Pulling punches/attacks??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The rules for Pulling Punches are on B401.
I am aware, yes. The slap technique I designed allows you to inflict a Shock penalty higher than your damage (when targeting the face.) Could occasionally be useful.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #22
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
I am aware, yes.
I wasn't responding to you (hence, no quote) but to the thread in general. Several people referenced them, but nobody gave a page reference. I thought the OP might need it.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
aesir23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I wasn't responding to you (hence, no quote) but to the thread in general. Several people referenced them, but nobody gave a page reference. I thought the OP might need it.
Ah, sorry.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #24
starslayer

An important point to remember about blood chokes in GURPS, much like real chokes, they are safeer then beating a person till they pass out, but are not safe, there will at least be one point where the subject goes into negative fatigue, and suffers real hit point damage. As well a strong willed subject may be able to push themselves to stay awake past 0 fatigue AND/or may hurt/damage themselves trying to break the hold.

GURPS covers all of this, but in a game where a cinematic 'sleep now' power does not exist a dedicated 'no kill' pacifist in an otherwise realistic and gritty game where combat comes up often and they try to handle it with sleeper holds IS going to kill someone, eventually.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #25
Captain Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by downer View Post
As for the famous Nerve Pinch, that is more like an affliction, with melee attack modifier and Unconciousness as the effect.
I modeled it as a melee attack technique. Anyone really interested should check out the [Powers] Vulcan Nerve Pinch thread, or my Star Trek webpage. (I suggest comments regarding my Vulcan Nerve pinch be done on the [Powers] Vulcan Nerve Pinch thread, so as not to derail this thread.)

I specifically compare its ability to quickly render foes unconscious with a punch to the face's ability to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Do you even realize how powerful an ability that is?
From the above links:

Vulcan Nerve Pinch* Hard Technique
Default: Judo-8, Sumo Wrestling-8, or Wrestling-8
Prerequisite: Pressure Secrets and Judo, Sumo Wrestling, or Wrestling; cannot exceed combat skill-2

I think you'll agree, vicky_molokh, my Vulcan Neck Pinch is appropriately expensive. :)

Last edited by Captain Joy; 06-03-2011 at 03:53 AM. Reason: minor additions
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attacks, non-lethal, pulled, punches