Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-30-2019, 03:26 AM   #1
scc

Default [Magic\Thaumatology] How Much For Bonuses?

I realize that the answer to this question is going to be highly variable, but I want to at least get some idea of how much these sorts of bonuses should cost. Keep in mind that these are physical object that players are being with cash, not points. If you need a reference point or setting, go with DF, as this fits in with the warrior having a caddy to lug around all his swords.

So the two items I've worked out already are:
Armathe: This dagger or (short) sword grants bonuses to cast harmful magic, this includes all magic that deals damage, and may include both curses and de-buffs.

Cleaning broom: Used to ritually clean an area before a working to grant bonus(es), construction from Hawthorn might be required or simply grant a greater bonus.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
Randover

Default Re: [Magic\Thaumatology] How Much For Bonuses?

I would start by Magery 10pts as it is what gives magic boost. Then stranslate it into gadget.
Randover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
zoncxs

If you got it, DFRPG Magic Items pdf page 23 Holy sword is a good template for weapons that grant bonuses for specific things.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:19 AM   #4
scc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randover View Post
I would start by Magery 10pts as it is what gives magic boost. Then stranslate it into gadget.
These things are paid for with cash, not points, even at character creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
If you got it, DFRPG Magic Items pdf page 23 Holy sword is a good template for weapons that grant bonuses for specific things.
That's sort of what I'm going for but. I'm going to have to visit my local library and hope they've got some good books on classical mythology, anyone got some recommended titles?
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Randover

Yes, I ment it as a guideline. 1 pts is worth 100 dollars style conversion can do the rest.
Randover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #6
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
I realize that the answer to this question is going to be highly variable, but I want to at least get some idea of how much these sorts of bonuses should cost. Keep in mind that these are physical object that players are being with cash, not points.
By default, it costs the the amount of money you would get by spending its point value on money, so in DF $500 per point.

Tags
thaumatology