Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #941
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Art for games

The first outfit is too poofy. It's a really neat outfit, but, really, it's kinda silly to have those big puffy sleeves on an archer's outfit.

I like the Highlander: Wildlander for Genesis set, that looks ideal. When I get paid again, I'll see about picking it up and trying again.

I also like Kay's Leathers . . . but for other, different renders . . ..
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #942
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
I like the Highlander: Wildlander for Genesis set, that looks ideal. When I get paid again, I'll see about picking it up and trying again.
I'm thrilled with it. Fantasy rangery-rogue clothing that can go on female characters and DOESN'T have peekaboo cutouts or a plunging neckline or whatever. Which is rare, so when you need an outfit like that, you really need an outfit like that.

Quote:
I also like Kay's Leathers . . . but for other, different renders . . ..
Ehehe. My Flamin' Jane knock-off superhero Hot Stuff used Kay's Leathers with some red leather shaders and a flame-edged leotard-type thing and some thigh boots as her costume. And some sort of mask, I forget the details on that one.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #943
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
Hey, why the Brian hate? It's an interesting character. I find that Dave
has been much less interesting as a character. But yeah, it's the Brian hairdo.
Anybody who flips the table over because he doesn't like the GM's call doesn't belong in a gaming group - especially if (like Brian) he's a repeat offender.

But this is off-topic for this thread...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #944
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

MonkeyFist recommended I do this: the Evolution of Anastasia.

Ana’s my main Hero character in Gummißear’s MegaDenver game. She’s also one of the few characters I go back and revisit. She was the first character I did a rendered picture for, so, she’s got a special place in my heart. This isn't just an exploration into the character's background . . . it's also a trip down Mark's improving skills with 3d picture-making.

This was the original picture I used for her, all those years ago (in 2005), when she was 14. This was one of the first dresses she ever wore to the Sarnath. (Warning, old images, may make your eyes bleed.)

After a while, she turned into this. After having all sorts of things happen (including having died three times, getting possessed by a succubus, surviving the Healer Plague and spending two weeks in a chrysalis).

Then, as a further update, I made this version of her (though she tended to wear this during the Supernatural Culling).

And, most recently, after working on a picture and having MonkeyFist tell me “She should be the updated Ana, she’s the right level of hawt and sexy.” I’m not sure, exactly, how old she is anymore, she could be anywhere from 17-21, as time doesn’t pass evenly in game worlds.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #945
Mehmet
MIB

Put this together for a friend - I don't know the character's name and this is a first draft (obviously) but couldn't wait to share my love of pwsurfaces.

Fingernails and eyes are very off and couldn't yet get the hang of shaders for hair so it is not even good (even the lighting is thrown together with only the shader visibility in mind).

Cheers...
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #946
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Oh, yeah. pwSurface is awesome. It's just too bad it doesn't work with Lux.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #947
Mehmet
MIB

Quote:
Oh, yeah. pwSurface is awesome. It's just too bad it doesn't work with Lux.
Agreed. Now I have both DS3 (to use my beloved lightdome and do Lux renders) and DS4 (to use pwsurface and do DAZ 3Delight renders). I am torn between using the Poserworks' brilliant shader tools and Lux each time I render.

*sigh*

Cheers!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #948
Bruno

You should be able to download pwSurface2 for DS3 as well as DS4 - in fact I think they're even still distributing it for DS2.

If you're using Reality for your Lux export, the 2.0 upgrade does work in DS4 (but if you don't have 2.0 or if you're using luxstudio that obviously doesn't help).
Old 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #949
Mehmet
MIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
You should be able to download pwSurface2 for DS3 as well as DS4 - in fact I think they're even still distributing it for DS2.

If you're using Reality for your Lux export, the 2.0 upgrade does work in DS4 (but if you don't have 2.0 or if you're using luxstudio that obviously doesn't help).
Actually, the reason I'm using DS3 for Lux and DS4 for 3Delight is I have a feeling that DS4 3Delight is better than DS3 3Delight (or it may be that the surfaces are better translated for the shader by the engine, not sure) and since I use DS3 for Reality renders I don't need pwSurface there. Besides, some of the scripts Poserworks provided are DS4 only.

I'm expanding to Bryce and considering buying Hexagon - I wish they had a trial for that as well, UV mapping and sculpting look like things I'd be forever fiddling with but you can't be sure and circa £70 is not a joking deal.

I immensely enjoy using displacement for body morphs for instance (I do not yet have a passable render though - will work with d-form as well, it looks promising :))

Cheers...

Edit: scratch that. Me. My Platform. Daz productions. Not a good combo. Bryce is not working either.

Last edited by Mehmet; 01-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Mehmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #950
Bruno

I bought Hexagon for $2 on a March Madness sale. I haven't downloaded it yet (it's been a year and such) because the last few releases have been very cranky betas, and I've already sort of figured out Blender. So I'm not much help there :)

Bryce completely effing mystifies me. It's like all the worst parts of poser, plus all the worst parts of blender - as far as its UI vs my brain goes anyways.

Tags
art