Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2024, 03:25 PM   #1821
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter examines it closely... Is there airflow from the nostrils? If so, is it steady like a fan vent or rhythmic like breath?

Peter runs his hand along the object or creature, and checks for any physical response to his touch.

Peter will examine the seam and sees if he peel it back gently.. or less gently if it doesn't budge... He does not want to damage it, but he wants to see if he can pull it open or away reveal more. He is still suspecting some kind of bioengineered escape pod.


Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 04-17-2024 at 08:26 AM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:12 AM   #1822
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter examines it closely... Is there airflow from the nostrils? If so, is it steady like a fan vent or rhythmic like breath?
There seems to be trace rhythmic breathing.... maybe. Its hard to tell. Certainly nothing mammalian, which tissues of the animal would indicate, if not the shape.

Quote:
Peter runs his hand along the object or creature, and checks for any physical response to his touch.
There is none. Its quite cool.

Quote:
Peter will examine the seam and sees if he peel it back gently.. or less gently if it doesn't budge... He does not want to damage it, but he wants to see if he can pull it open or away reveal more. He is still suspecting some kind of bioengineered escape pod.
The seam opens when he pulls, even moving itself once he starts the action. His suspicions of Bioengineered escape pod are strengthened.

Inside is someone curled up in the fetal position. Four strange stretched appendages that spread out into webbed ends are on them... him? like pumpkin strings, but cleaner, and more deliberate. He's wearing clothing that looks somewhere between armor and deerskin cloths, with odd horns, bones, and scales adorning it. He has no hair, but weathered pale yellow-gray skin with six short bone osteoderms on his head.

He sits up, sees Peter, and looks very crestfallen.

"Mani-Zucho".

"Mani-Zucho Too Porvee Zucho Ku Keejanu"

He moves quickly, looking Peter over, looking at the beach behind him, and eyeing Peter's weapon and the dog. He doesn't seem sure if Peter is a friend or not. Or maybe if he can win a fight with Peter or not. Peter notices he's wearing at least three sheathed blades.

Quote:
He is likely to make anyone close by who can sense magic curious, as he attempts to use his Yaka Voice on a pod occupant (or the pod itself?).

"OPEN"

Peter has empathy to animals and humans, but despite his outdoorseyness, empathy to plants is not his forte....

If none of this proves particularly revealing...

Peter checks out view of the cliffs before heading back north and up the slope for a better view across the bay, and what may be over the rise.

After he's finished this preliminary search, he will go back and collect the wire for cordage, and the unused clothing to fashion a bag to carry the kerosene lamp (no glass) and cooking tank, as they may come in handy. He will then follow the beach back to the tidepools...

He is scouting the beach and peering across the bay trying to locate the overturned conveyor.
This is on hold, because he got a response
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-16-2024 at 11:27 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:27 AM   #1823
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter's eyes go wide at the sight of this unusual creature... His mind races and he steps back... He summons up his energy and conjures his cinnamon smoke and attempts to capture the creature's language with his Broken Sky Magic while the pod is unveiling the occupant...



"Are you okay, I mean you no harm. I'm Peter. Can you understand me?"

Quote:
"Mani-Zucho Too Porvee Zucho Ku Keejanu"
Did he get any of that?


Spoiler:  


And Peter flashes his disarming smile... (toothlessly!)
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:25 AM   #1824
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter's eyes go wide at the sight of this unusual creature... His mind races and he steps back... He summons up his energy and conjures his cinnamon smoke and attempts to capture the creature's language with his Broken Sky Magic while the pod is unveiling the occupant...

Did he get any of that?
The chanting takes at least 10 seconds (I'm inclined to say its a minute, but I'm not sure I've said anything about its length yet... 10 seconds might be the right length, or maybe 20 or 30).

Quote:
And Peter flashes his disarming smile... (toothlessly!)
The creature watches Peter, seeming to understand his friendly look as the smoke and chanting finish, though he keeps his hand resting on one of the swords.
Quote:
"Are you okay, I mean you no harm. I'm Peter. Can you understand me?"
"Yes, Mystical Peter. My life is not in danger. Thank you for your witchcraft."

He bows.

"I am Javuchi of the Porba. My people are the Vutu. We live the the Etherial Realm. I have fallen to the Porvee Zucho (The time-bound ground)"

"Have you seen any of my kin?"

Spoiler:  
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 09:35 AM   #1825
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter points to the second pod,

"There's another pod there. I think you had a larger vessel that was caught in the storm... do these pods float? I'm afraid I'm not from around here either, I'm from a place called Earth."

Peter can't help but stare at his strange new friend. So alien.

"It's nice to meet you Javuchi. Can you call home to the Ethereal realm for help?"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:40 AM   #1826
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Javuchi: "I don't know if the stasis pods float in water or not. They were not designed for this."

"I don't know where the Ether is. They would not be able to hear me. Besides, you said you thought my vessel was caught in the storm. That would mean we're all here. Or in stasis pods in the Ether."

"What is the purpose of your beast?"

"Are you alone?" Javuchi scans the beach as he strides over to the other pod and opens it. This pod holds another "Vutu" in it. They embrace.

Javuchi: "Kiju. We we are Zucho (Time-bound). You are all I have found. A single Mani-Zucho is with us. He is called Peter. He says the whole ship is here."

Kiju: "At least we have each other. And we're able to act. Do you think the others are close?"


Kiju is female.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:32 AM   #1827
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Javuchi: "I don't know if the stasis pods float in water or not. They were not designed for this."
Peter scans the water and area for other pods.


Quote:
"What is the purpose of your beast?"
"His name is Goliath. He is my friend and companion. We look out for each other."

Peter will try and make a gente introduction, but he is quite cautious about letting Goliath approach too quickly and having a bad reaction.

Quote:
"Are you alone?"

"I think there are some more people down past the end of the beach, and another crew that I think might have had their craft overturned by the storm. So there are people around, even if I haven't met them yet."

Quote:
Javuchi scans the beach as he strides over to the other pod and opens it. This pod holds another "Vutu" in it. They embrace.
More fascinated staring... "Hi."
Quote:
Javuchi: "Kiju. We we are Zucho (Time-bound). You are all I have found. A single Mani-Zucho is with us. He is called Peter. He says the whole ship is here."

Kiju: "At least we have each other. And we're able to act. Do you think the others are close?"
Peter points out over the water
"I think your ship went down out there."

Peter could sense magic from the pods... he wonders if he might sense it from the ship... He focuses his senses and searches for magic!

"I want to go look for the other group that might be in trouble. Maybe they will have a better idea how to help you get where you belong with their technology. You can come with me, or I can try and come back and check on you if you want."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:48 PM   #1828
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter scans the water and area for other pods.
Quote:
Peter could sense magic from the pods... he wonders if he might sense it from the ship... He focuses his senses and searches for magic!
I'm not sure if this is visual or with his magic sense, but he doesn't see any with either. The magic on the stasis pods is very subtle, so this is hardly surprising.


Out in the ocean, he gets something that might be similar to the pod. It faint. Like it trying to hide, or like its using a very small trace. Its below the horizon.



As he really focuses on the magic sense, he picks up some background use. Its wildly varied, and most of it comes from the west. Its very faint and hard to really get a handle on any particular instance.

Quote:
"His name is Goliath. He is my friend and companion. We look out for each other."

Peter will try and make a gente introduction, but he is quite cautious about letting Goliath approach too quickly and having a bad reaction.
Javuchi: Is that a beast or a mani? *
(person)


Quote:
"I think there are some more people down past the end of the beach, and another crew that I think might have had their craft overturned by the storm. So there are people around, even if I haven't met them yet."
Javuchi: "But you do not know them. You are a castaway. Despite you opening our pods. What a reversal."


Quote:
More fascinated staring... "Hi."

Peter points out over the water
"I think your ship went down out there."
Javuchi: "How does one travel there? that is a lot of liquid."



Quote:

"I want to go look for the other group that might be in trouble. Maybe they will have a better idea how to help you get where you belong with their technology. You can come with me, or I can try and come back and check on you if you want."
They look at each other.



Kiju: "We want to find our own people. But this place is strange and new. We should stay together as we each search for our own."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM   #1829
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Javuchi: Is that a beast or a mani? *
(person)
"Goliath is a domesticated animal, so a beast, but an obedient and well behaved one."
Quote:
Javuchi: "How does one travel there? that is a lot of liquid."
"Usually on a boat or a seafaring ship. Or a submarine is what they call one that travels completely submerged."
Quote:
Kiju: "We want to find our own people. But this place is strange and new. We should stay together as we each search for our own."
"We might come upon more pods along the beach."

Peter will have Kiju and Javuchi assist in arranging some rocks into an arrow to point any of their brethren who may find their pods in the direction they head off in, and Peter will go off in search of the Conveyor while keeping a lookout for the other people from the beach.

He is concerned with the people in the conveyor due to the potential danger of being trapped in there.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:32 AM   #1830
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Goliath is a domesticated animal, so a beast, but an obedient and well behaved one."
Javuchi: "And an oddly friendly looking one".

But he makes to move to come closer: the animal unnerves him.

Quote:
"Usually on a boat or a seafaring ship. Or a submarine is what they call one that travels completely submerged."
Kiju: "Do you know how to make this submarine?"
She struggles with the word 'submarine'. Peter had to use an English word, and her pronunciation is closer to "Suboreen".

Quote:
"We might come upon more pods along the beach."

Peter will have Kiju and Javuchi assist in arranging some rocks into an arrow to point any of their brethren who may find their pods in the direction they head off in, and Peter will go off in search of the Conveyor while keeping a lookout for the other people from the beach.

He is concerned with the people in the conveyor due to the potential danger of being trapped in there.
They arrange the rocks in the arrow. Kiju remarks that the time-bound ground is so large, bigger than anything she has ever seen before.

As they finish arranging the arrow, he hears voices coming from the hill above the beach. Kiju and Javuchi both pull out short swords made of sharpened bone, and look around for a place to hide, pointing at a bunch of grass.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.