Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #11
Mehmet
MIB

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
It is absolutely OK. It needs to be distributed in a format that doesn't include the geometry - Poser Morphs, Genesis Morphs are both lists of deltas with no actual geometry, so both are perfectly fine (and encouraged, and there's a thriving independent freebie community that they encourage). Both distribution formats have been specifically designed to be compliant :)

If a mesh modifier is some sort of ZBrush thing, I don't know how it works - but if it can't be used to recreate the base geometry, it's still in compliance with the license.
Hey Bruno,

It absolutely wouldn't work - or should I say - work in a weird way without the original mesh. So, yeah, it is an inj delta created with Zbrush. The interface (GoZ for ds) actually send the non-subd version of genesis, you just sculpt something on it and just send it back. The data sent is the difference between your sculpting and the base mesh.

The whole thing above is another way of saying I love ZBrush. :)

Cheerio!

Tags
art