Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Jeminai

Default Re: Pittman's Star Wars Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanOfDoom View Post
Skills:
Area Knowledge (Tantooine) (M/E) 13 [1], Beam Weapons (P/E) 14 (16 with IQ bonus) [1], Computer Operation (Converters) (M/E) 13 [1] Computer Operation (Starship Controls) (M/E) 13 [1] Drive (Speeder) (P/A) 14 [2], Electronics Operation (Moisture Converters) (M/A) 13 [2], Fencing (Default DX-5) 9 [0], First Aid (M/E) 13 [1] Gunner (Starship Blasters) (P/A) 14 [2], Hobby Skill: Starship Models (M/E) 13 [1/2], Hydrology (M/A) 13 [2], Language, Jawa (M/E) 13 [1] Mechanic (Converters) (M/A) 13 [2], Mechanic (Speeders) (M/A) 13 [2], Meteorology (M/A) 13 [2], Pilot (Starfighter) (P/A) 14 [2], Precognitive Parry (M/H) 12 [1/2], Survival, Desert (M/A) 13 [2], Tracking (M/A) 13 [2]
I really think these skills are way off. his beam Weapon skills is equivalent to veteran soldiers and young special forces characters. Luke was neither. i'd give him beam Weapon at default.

His speeder skill is at the level of an average to good proffesional racer (think nascar racer or movie stunt driver) I see no time (in a New Hope) where he demonstrated this level of skill. I'd give him default.

Gunner Starship Blaster he has a t a level of a well trained (good) naval gunner. Possibly a person who trains others on the use of starship gunner. I don't see Luke having this level of skill. Give him default and let him do All Out Attacks with aiming and use of a targeting computer. Remember that pilots can fail their defense rolls.

Pilot Star Fighter I guess you have to give him this. The idea that anyone would let a crop dusting pilot get into the cockpit of an F-16 fighter (without ever having flown one AND on a major mission) is rediculous, but George Lucas doesn't ever use common sense. The skill level he has here is that of a novice to average fighter pilot (who has trained for a couple of years in simulators and on training missions) but without some skill he could never have been in the final scene. So I'll give you his one.

Again, I really think that Luke could be a 100 point character in A New Hope. Super Luck and Rediculous luck are just game mechannic ways of justifying his final shot on the Death Star. Regular Luck and a crit are just as good a game mechanic justifier and yes I have played in sessions (3 to be exact) where much needed crits were legitimately rolled just when they needed to be rolled the most.

Tags
3rd edition, boba fett, gurps, star wars, statistics