Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-20-2022, 06:38 AM   #1
Ewan

Default GURPS Girl Genius Sourcebook

My hardback copy of Girl Genius has just arrived and it’s beautiful and well presented. I’ve not had a chance to look at in more detail but will do so later today.
Ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:28 AM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: GURPS Girl Genius Sourcebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
My hardback copy of Girl Genius has just arrived and it’s beautiful and well presented. I’ve not had a chance to look at in more detail but will do so later today.
Very good news. Thanks for confirming the hardcover arrived. UK backers will see it first, then EU. The rest of the world will follow later this year.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:01 AM   #3
pgb

Mine arrived on Wednesday (19th), also in UK. Looks great from the outside; I haven't dared break the shrink-wrap yet - too much going on at work - but I'm hoping to do that tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:07 AM   #4
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgb View Post
Mine arrived on Wednesday (19th), also in UK. Looks great from the outside; I haven't dared break the shrink-wrap yet - too much going on at work - but I'm hoping to do that tonight or tomorrow.
Same here - I've probed mine but not started any serious dissection. For Science!!!!
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 06:59 AM   #5
Phil Masters

Yep, also arrived here Wednesday.
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:15 AM   #6
Titanguy654

Edit: Nevermind, I misread the rules for parrying!

Overall, the book looks great!

Last edited by Titanguy654; 01-21-2022 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Misread rules
Titanguy654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #7
Prince Charon

I've seen some complaints that you can't replicate some of the characters' canon feats with the character sheets as written, or not without a lot of fudging. Any truth to that?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:20 AM   #8
TwodSix

My copy arrived on Thursday. Loving the presentation, the detail, and the fact that I don't strictly have to pull out the Basic Set to run it.

Was surprised by a couple of things. Jaegers are significantly less tough than I expected, but at 132 points the template is already expensive enough. Much more shocking as a glaring omission: Tarvek doesn't have Fashion Sense.

While there's other things in the stats I don't agree with, most of that is probably avoiding the old 'players get 200CP, canon characters get 1500CP' issue. But Tarvek's fashion sense is one of his most notable character traits.
TwodSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:23 PM   #9
The Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwodSix View Post
My copy arrived on Thursday. Loving the presentation, the detail, and the fact that I don't strictly have to pull out the Basic Set to run it.

Was surprised by a couple of things. Jaegers are significantly less tough than I expected, but at 132 points the template is already expensive enough. Much more shocking as a glaring omission: Tarvek doesn't have Fashion Sense.

While there's other things in the stats I don't agree with, most of that is probably avoiding the old 'players get 200CP, canon characters get 1500CP' issue. But Tarvek's fashion sense is one of his most notable character traits.
Have we established that Tarvek has a sound sense of fashion, or just a love for it? Also, there may be a line between being well dressed and fashionably dressed, as in real life.

To match the comic, several levels of hard to kill would also seem appropriate for many characters, although some of the cinematic plot armour rules from core-GURPS would probably suffice as well.

Finally found mention of Move-It ... although no rules. You know all this will mean someone has to write a supplement...
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 04:07 AM   #10
Naldrin

I'm not sure if it's just that I'm not reading the sourcebook thoroughly enough, or that's an actual omission, but I've seen that several NPCs have the Advantage "Artificer" listed, but I can't find it anywhere in the book, and it doesn't appear listed on the glossary. Could anybody tell me where can I find this advantage or what does it do, if it's not there?
Naldrin is offline   Reply With Quote