Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2024, 09:31 AM   #1471
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

By my side or not, as they wish...
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 02:24 PM   #1472
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is Halcyone nearby?
I'm nearby, poking around a different store.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:27 PM   #1473
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The girls look interested. One of them says "Do you swear upon your eyes that you will not harm my family? I can take you to my mother."
"I swear upon my eyes that i mean you and your family no harm, and that I will offer no harm to them so long as the do not offer it first."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:48 AM   #1474
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"That's acceptable. I am Ettu, second daughter of Hamussi, Teacher of the Blood-reading. I will introduce you to my mother. After they reshape this silver."


Its about 20 minutes while they wait... it seems the symbols the girls need are common enough that wax moulds for them are already sitting around.



The girls try to make small talk:
  • What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • Who is this terrible person you're chasing?
  • Do you have any cool fight stories?
  • Do you have any sisters?
  • Do you have a love waiting for you somewhere?
You may answer as you wish, or roll social skills to deflect the questions to them without sounding rude.



After everyone has their statuettes, they will escort you up the hill and Ettu will introduce you to their mother, along with the oath you swore and your interest in slaying a great foe who has cause to dislike the house of Ayya.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:06 PM   #1475
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"My name is Vassar, and I am from a land so far away that I swear I would be surprised if anyone you know has ever heard of it.

To be true, I do not know for certain who I chase. I am sent by a prophet who has seen I am needed to topple a great evil, or to inspire that deed be done.

I have many tales of battle I could share, but I am no braggart... Not without a few drinks first!

I have three magnificent sisters. Powerful, indomitable, brilliant forces of nature they are and my heart is saddened for any who would stand in their path and not make way!

I do not know if my fate includes a mate, but if it does, I hope they are waiting for no one and off having adventures to share with me someday!"


If Halcyone shows up, Vassarious will explain their presence, and if not I'm sure they will send bugs...

Vassarious plays it straight, pretty much.

He will do the same with Mom. Tell them I have a friend with me, the guy we think we want is after Bel and needs their family secrets, so our best bet in getting him is protecting them. We could use their help in the local fate magic to qualify our path and they could use our protection if he is coming for them.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:45 PM   #1476
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
[749] 24-02-06 02:37:31 GMT
Curious
3d6 <= 6 : 5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... failure
I meander around the market, picking up more than a few Tchotchkes. I realize I was supposed to check back with V about half an hour ago, then use my swarms to find out where he went.
Quote:
[750] 24-02-06 02:41:41 GMT
Computer Operation
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
I suppose by then he's at the estate.

I head towards the estate and try to convince the guards there my friend's inside and to check for an invitation.
Quote:
[751] 24-02-06 02:45:22 GMT
Memetics! (For Fast-Talk)
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 5 = 12 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:49 AM   #1477
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Hamussi, the teacher of blood-reading, looks over Vassar and listens to his story.

How much do you tell them about Yi? for example, that he's dead, that you were traveling with him, or that he's from another world? That will effect their response.

Halycon manages to get them to check for an invitation. With the correct name, Vassar is able to confirm Halcoyn is with him, and if she will swear the same oath, may enter.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 06:28 PM   #1478
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassar introduces Halcyone on arrival if they swear the oath and are admitted.

They will share that we traveled with Yi and discovered they may have been from farther than Carthage, and that they had apparently died, but there were now doubts...

"Vassar" also starts to consider the possibility that the despot they seek was not the man, but a spirit housed in one of the artifacts they carried... Perhaps the very "Tyrant's Spear" Halcyone asked him about.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 06:49 AM   #1479
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halycon manages to get them to check for an invitation. With the correct name, Vassar is able to confirm Halcoyn is with him, and if she will swear the same oath, may enter.
"A little unfair he got the same oath, but... Sure. I'll swear on whatever you like."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
They will share that we traveled with Yi and discovered they may have been from farther than Carthage,
"Don't you mean Cathay? Hardly matters; go to either any you're still no closer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Perhaps the very "Tyrant's Spear" Halcyone asked him about.
I recall the spear, and chuckle. "Wouldn't it be funny if that were the spear that needed to be shook?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:20 AM   #1480
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Hamussi: "You are unsure if he is your foe, and you are unsure if he is dead? what a web of fate. As blood-reader, I am well positioned to read matters of life or death."

"But I have never heard of a man's soul contained in an object, and I know much of the world."

"If you will give me some of your blood, I can read your fate, and help determine your path and how you are entangled with this man."

"Do you have anything that belonged to your companion with you? any connection to him? anything emblematic of him? That will help me read him."


OCC: yes, giving her your blood is as dangerous as it sounds: she can do a LOT with it, especially willingly given.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.