Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2023, 12:25 PM   #1361
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It rolled a 9 vs a ST of 24... Halcyone is free!

The griffon turns around and grabs its immortal before taking to the sky.
I shoot the Gryphon before it can get away completely. Possibly worse speed/range penalty?
Quote:
[732] 23-10-27 19:20:14 BST
Guns (Rifle), center x2. (+2 from RoF, -1? distance)

-3d6 +17
1: - 5 - 4 - 1 + 17 = 7 (4 possible hits)
2: - 4 - 4 - 3 + 17 = 6 (4 possible hits)

sum: 13, average: 6.50

[733] 23-10-27 19:24:54 BST
Damage rolls

6d6 +2
1: 2 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 5 + 5 + 2 = 26
2: 6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 26
3: 1 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 6 + 4 + 2 = 22
4: 2 + 4 + 6 + 6 + 1 + 6 + 2 = 27
5: 3 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 21
6: 4 + 2 + 6 + 5 + 5 + 1 + 2 = 25
7: 3 + 5 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 6 + 2 = 25
8: 5 + 5 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 4 + 2 = 28

sum: 200, average: 25.00
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:34 PM   #1362
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is Raptor's Strafe from elsewhere? don't worry about it until you've got your books and all. The interaction with Flying leap is also interesting.
Raptor's strafe is the name we gave the "Chambara Attack" move-and-attack based "Ultimate Technique"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The cloud of smoke remains, and the two immortals continue to put themselves together.
Vassarious will assist in dispatching the other gryphon if it survives Halcyone's volley. Let me know the range to the target and I'll provide the details and rolls.

If Yi has not yet emerged, Vassarious will ask Halycone...

"Do you you think we should throw them in the smoke and join Yi there?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 09:16 AM   #1363
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post

"Do you you think we should throw them in the smoke and join Yi there?"
Obviously a lot depends on what happens with the Gryphon, but...
"I dunno, maybe one of us should figure out how to restrain these two."

Is there a boulder or anything to rest on top of these two?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 10:53 AM   #1364
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I shoot the Gryphon before it can get away completely. Possibly worse speed/range penalty?
The Gryphon dodges all but two of the bullets.. each of which do more than HP damage. It falls from the sky into a heap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Raptor's strafe is the name we gave the "Chambara Attack" move-and-attack based "Ultimate Technique"
Its a very interesting build. K. I might take it somewhere to discuss. It might need additional limitations like number of attacks or mounting penalties for using it on successive turns... But we'll use it as is for now.

Quote:
Vassarious will assist in dispatching the other gryphon if it survives Halcyone's volley. Let me know the range to the target and I'll provide the details and rolls.
Not needed!

Quote:

"Do you you think we should throw them in the smoke and join Yi there?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I dunno, maybe one of us should figure out how to restrain these two."

Is there a boulder or anything to rest on top of these two?
A boulder... roll Survival Desert or scrounging at -4.

The two are obviously still healing.

Yi walks out from the smoke, and shoves the large man to the ground, an ivory dagger in the man's lower right abdomen, and his throat cut. He's not healing from his wounds. Yi reaches back in and pulls out his sword from something.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 11:18 AM   #1365
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Gryphon dodges all but two of the bullets.. each of which do more than HP damage. It falls from the sky into a heap.
I'm assuming this is a gimmie

I walk over and stab it in the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A boulder... roll Survival Desert or scrounging at -4.
Quote:
[734] 23-10-30 17:51:11 GMT
Scrounging -4
3d6 <= 13
4 + 5 + 4 = 13 ... success
"Hey V, do you think the three of us and the horses could roll that boulder. That could take care of Bel's friends."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two are obviously still healing.

Yi walks out from the smoke, and shoves the large man to the ground, an ivory dagger in the man's lower right abdomen, and his throat cut. He's not healing from his wounds. Yi reaches back in and pulls out his sword from something.
"So were you lucky when you killed that guy or do you know what to do with these guys?"

Last edited by TGLS; 10-30-2023 at 11:58 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 09:29 AM   #1366
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

The Remaining griffon is slain.


Yi: "I have some tricks as a treasure hunter. This guy required only a little luck."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:41 AM   #1367
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yi: "I have some tricks as a treasure hunter. This guy required only a little luck."
"Well, do you think that rolling that boulder on top of them would stop them? Or do you have a better idea?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 11:17 AM   #1368
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Is there a way for Vassarious to divine their target's achilles heels with his mystical skills?

"Or perhaps we will need to submerge them? Put them in an undying flame?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 10:00 AM   #1369
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well, do you think that rolling that boulder on top of them would stop them? Or do you have a better idea?"
Yi: "That would slow them down. I think they'd eventually get out. might give us half an hour though, and they are dismounted now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Is there a way for Vassarious to divine their target's achilles heels with his mystical skills?
Yes, with access to time and their persons, divining their achilles heels shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:
"Or perhaps we will need to submerge them? Put them in an undying flame?"
Yi: "Submerging wouldn't work, and we're nations away from any keepers of flame. Most wouldn't accept these fellows anyways. That one is looking a little complete---"

Yi stops talking to hack the glaive wielder in half a few times.


"These are strange wounds. How do they work." (referring to the bullets)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:47 AM   #1370
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"These are strange wounds. How do they work." (referring to the bullets)
I pause to think of an analogue. I hold up a rifle. "This is like a bow, except it doesn't use draw string to launch its arrows. And its arrows are much smaller and faster than a bow's arrows, so much so that it doesn't need to be stabilized to fly straight either. Most armour is probably useless against it."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.