Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-24-2022, 08:39 AM   #1471
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
The closer one. If they're both equally far, I'll go to the one Pacifica was at when the battle broke out. She said she needed help if I recall.
All three dreadstormers are at the aft command center on deck 9

Quote:
Are the security at the bottom of the ship having any problems with the off-duty personnel they've confined?
No, they report the operation is going smoothly.

Quote:

"2) We split our force so we can take control of the Missile section [I think there would be many locations; perhaps the main office?] and the Reactor core simultaneously."

The missile section works almost exclusively in the F block of the ship, and mainly on decks 18-16, 4, and 5, with the "headquarters" on 4 & 5. The round tan circles on the map are full of missile fuel: the warheads are kept somewhere nearby (you're not sure of the exact location). The sensitive areas are the fuel and warheads.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #1472
Hide

The plan sounds good, I have some ideas:

It is more than likely that the escapees are alerting the resting sections.

Assuming the attack concentrated our forces in this section. As the enemy I would build a small force to prevent the Dread Stormers from leaving this place. Then I would try reaching a critical location by myself, and “defend” it with another group of people from the nearest section at that place.

We could determine the most likely locations and find the best route by looking at the map and their origin...

Navigation:
3d6 <= 12
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success.

I think they will be desperate for guns, so we could pretend we are on their side and get to the enemy lines. We can alert our party and move swiftly about the hot places and take point. We could even send a fake alert saying someone is actually taking over a critical section.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:46 PM   #1473
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The missile section works almost exclusively in the F block of the ship, and mainly on decks 18-16, 4, and 5, with the "headquarters" on 4 & 5.
So three locations: Missiles 16-18, Missiles 4-5, & Reactor. I say half to the reactor and a quarter each to the missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think they will be desperate for guns, so we could pretend we are on their side and get to the enemy lines.
"Well it was a bloodbath on their side. Surely there'd be some hesitance that the armed security isn't friendly."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:41 AM   #1474
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
So three locations: Missiles 16-18, Missiles 4-5, & Reactor. I say half to the reactor and a quarter each to the missiles.
Once you all agree on targets, let me know where each dreadstormer will go.

Quote:
"Well it was a bloodbath on their side. Surely there'd be some hesitance that the armed security isn't friendly."
It would take some acting. I'm pretty sure you all have that.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-27-2022, 10:52 AM   #1475
TGLS

Quote:
It would take some acting. I'm pretty sure you all have that.
Well as long as we agree that we means we personally and not we, the dreadstormers & the guards. I still think I could do more harm slipping in invisibly and surprise attacking though.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:06 AM   #1476
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Well as long as we agree that we means we personally and not we, the dreadstormers & the guards. I still think I could do more harm slipping in invisibly and surprise attacking though.
Daymar will accompany the guards to the reactor.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:43 PM   #1477
Hide

OOC: Could Pacifica deduce the potential location of Zybo by looking at the most practical routes for an escape and key targets? I am talking about the Navigation roll.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:12 AM   #1478
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will accompany the guards to the reactor.
How many are you taking?

What position in the group will you take?

Are they assaulting the reactor or just surrounding it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Could Pacifica deduce the potential location of Zybo by looking at the most practical routes for an escape and key targets? I am talking about the Navigation roll.
Predicting Zybo's actions would be Strategy, Tactics, Psychology, or even intelligence analysis. Navigation gives a complementary roll to one of those, and lets you figure his position and beat him to his target once you know what his target is.

Quote:
Yes, the dreadstormers have acting, not the converted troops.

Either approach or both have merit.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:05 AM   #1479
TGLS

Quote:
Either approach or both have merit.
OK, I'll try and slip into the missile command center (on decks 4&5) and see if I can identify where the warheads are kept before we begin our assault on the missile section. If I can, then I'll slip back to inform the guards. If not, then I'll start making potshots at the missile personnel once the attack begins.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:08 AM   #1480
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
How many are you taking?

What position in the group will you take?

Are they assaulting the reactor or just surrounding it?
Daymar will take Pookivo and 15 guards, letting Pookivo take command of the troops with Daymar counseling him. As has been pointed out, there's no substitute for Daymar's abilities, so he is going to take reasonable precautions from being injured, staying in the centre of the group of guards until they get to the reactor and then seeking cover from which he can shoot or use his abilities. They're going to seek to assault and take the reactor from the loyalists.