Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #1051
elShoggotho

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewulf
True enough, but what is the Man behind the God? How did he come to the point of great deeds, and greater godliness? My curiosity swells!
Once, in the Heathen Darkness of the Primordial Times, there was only darkness, despair and roleplaying games so dark and overly complicated that everyone just looked at them and wept.
Unto that came HE, STEVE JACKSON, the Creator, to bring us the light of GURPS. But it was not really the mother of all gaming systems. So HE sat down and pondered how to make Our Beloved Game into the divine revelation it is today. It was the time of confusion, when many a line editor was considered and discarded, but in the end, a perfect specimen was found: KROMM, nowadays known as Our Line Editor, entered the scheme. Truly, He is the greatest Line Editor of all time, Divine Near Perfection, Only Not Perfect To Keep It Interesting. Praise Him Who Forged GURPS As It Is Today! Praise Him!* Praise Him! Praise him without End!

*You may also hail him, éloge him, or 賞賛, 칭찬, поклоняться or 稱讚 him, or address your admiration of Our Line Editor in any other way that seems fit to you. Isn't He Magnificent?

Last edited by elShoggotho; 08-23-2007 at 07:58 AM.
elShoggotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #1052
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elShoggotho
*You may also hail him, éloge him, or 賞賛, 칭찬, хваление or 稱讚 him, or address your admiration of Our Line Editor in any other way that seems fit to you. Isn't He Magnificent?
Хвалить. Хваление is a noun. But I think поклоняться (worship) will be more adequate. ;)
Old 08-23-2007, 07:57 AM   #1053
elShoggotho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molokh
Хвалить. Хваление is a noun. But I think поклоняться (worship) will be more adequate. ;)
I just used Babelfish and entered "praise", thank you for your clarification.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 AM   #1054
Icelander

I just dropped in to give You my praises, Oh Great Kromm.

And to ask for Your Divine Blessing for the exam I am about to experience this Blessed Day.

May Kromm have mercy on me, for I surely deserve nothing but failure, having wasted my time on role-playing, imbibing of impure liquids, smoking of foul smelling herbs and various other sinful activities, instead of wholesome study.

May judgment be suspended and Infinite Mercy prevail.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:34 AM   #1055
Pomphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
having wasted my time on role-playing, imbibing of impure liquids, smoking of foul smelling herbs and various other sinful activities, instead of wholesome study.
Is there maybe a misunderstanding ? To the best of my knowledge He isn´t a puritan deity, but the only one I know of whose cult has a Bartender of the Faith as a central office of the faith. And He is the one who grants us extra points not just for Honesty and Truthfulness, but also for Laziness and Lecherousness. And provides for us receiving more points in adventures than when studying our books. And gives advice on what calvados to drink. So I would argue that you didn´t sin at all, but worhipped Him in your way.

And lots of luck. IME one should never underestimate luck.

(Which, BTW, is also granted by Him, though we have to spend points for that.)
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:37 AM   #1056
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis
Is there maybe a misunderstanding ? To the best of my knowledge He isn´t a puritan deity, but the only one I know of whose cult has a Bartender of the Faith as a central office of the faith. And He is the one who grants us extra points not just for Honesty and Truthfulness, but also for Laziness and Lecherousness. And provides for us receiving more points in adventures than when studying our books. And gives advice on what calvados to drink. So I would argue that you didn´t sin at all, but worhipped Him in your way.

I said "sinful". I never said he was against sin. ;)

I hope my points for Laziness, Compulsive Carousing and Overconfidence were enough to pay for Luck and leave a couple of CPs for rerolls. I'm about to try a skill check with a rather severe TDM with only my meagre default.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #1057
Pomphis

I can somewhat second that. My grades in both staatsexamen were quite good, and I would have to add wargaming, university politics and a fraternity to Icelander´s list of main activities. And the one thing I truly did regularily and faithful every day to prepare was to swim laps for half an hour.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #1058
Jame

I agree with all of you, even when you bring up conflicting points!

http://www.coinich.com/traveller/portal.php is a Traveller site for a campaign in the Greater Boston, MA, USA area.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #1059
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis

Speaking of Luck, I took my exam yesterday.

I woke up after a short nap, made necessary by the all-nighter I tried to pull to try to get some idea of the subject material*. I felt miserable and hung-over. I arrived late for the exam, couldn't find the room I was supposed to be in and when I finally found it, at least fifteen minutes of the three hour time-limit had been wasted.

Sat down, reached for my pen. Found out that it had fallen apart in my pocket. Spent an entertaining ten minutes learning how to reassemble pens before finally getting it to work correctly.

At this point, were I inclined to stress, I would be sweating. As I am naturally a very placid person, I was thinking to myself: "Oh, bother. Failing now will delay getting my license for a year."

I look at the questions. There's four of them, all long dissertation pieces on various aspects of legal claims and debt. And I know how to answer each of them. I don't know why, certainly not because I studied (I never managed to read a single book for this course), but I did.

I walked out of the exam shouting: "I am a Golden God!!!"

Our Lord and Line Editor has well and truly blessed me with his Luck, Serendippity and other Advantages.

All Hail KROMM!!!

*But mostly spent drinking red wine, playing Flat Black by post on these forums and going out for dinner and beers with some friends.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #1060
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Kromm praises you, too.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm