Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2024, 09:43 AM   #1851
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Chorniveebi looks right at Peter: "Javuchi and his family are members of my vessel. I take responsibility for them. Do you dispute?"
Peter has a flash of concern of a deeper cultural meaning. He looks to Javuchi and Kiju and asks

"I wish no disrespect. I do not know your ways, what should I say to this?"

Peter is certainly not interested in keeping these people apart, but he's got a sudden concern that his companions culture may cause them to lose self determination by falling back into their social structure. If that is the case, they may have the feeling it is 6 on 4 which will become a different vibe if it's 8 on 2.

If Javuchi and Kiju want to join their brethren, Peter will not stand in their way.
Quote:
Chorniveebi: "I will not be your castaway. The numbers are on our side. But in gratitude for taking in Javuchi and Kiju, I will allow you freedom of movement. But keep your witchcraft to yourself."
"You are a castaway tho, and you need help. Your number is stronger on this beach, but not in this land. More men are scattered about, that way, and that way,"

Peter points in the direction he is going, and the direction the men originally came from.

"...and more, perhaps many more, are coming to find the spoils of the storm. A storm that brings folk of many worlds and languages. If I were you, I'd follow the guy that can talk to them all. Wouldn't you Goliath?"

"ROuuugh!"

"If you don't want to come with me, I wish you good luck. Please don't try and kill anyone who isn't threatening you."


Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:31 AM   #1852
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter has a flash of concern of a deeper cultural meaning. He looks to Javuchi and Kiju and asks

"I wish no disrespect. I do not know your ways, what should I say to this?"
Javuchi: "Please do not dispute. I see no need for you to fight, and we do not need any further suspicion of disloyalty."

"You are a castaway tho, and you need help. Your number is stronger on this beach, but not in this land. More men are scattered about, that way, and that way,"

Peter points in the direction he is going, and the direction the men originally came from.

"...and more, perhaps many more, are coming to find the spoils of the storm. A storm that brings folk of many worlds and languages. If I were you, I'd follow the guy that can talk to them all. Wouldn't you Goliath?"

"ROuuugh!"

"If you don't want to come with me, I wish you good luck. Please don't try and kill anyone who isn't threatening you."
[SPOILER]
Peter struggles with the term "Many Worlds". These people don't have a word for planet. the closest they come either "universe" or "object"

Chorniveebi: "You are welcome to guide us and translate. If you wish our protection, we will gladly give it. But do not try to take command."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 09:39 AM   #1853
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I have no wish to command you. I am happy to translate, and would appreciate your friendship and protection, but I travel my own path. Javuchi can translate for you with the men for the next few days if you do not wish to come with me."

Peter describes his intended path of going on and circling around in search of more pods or other survivors, especially the ones with the conveyor that could potentially help get some castaways back where they belong.

He starts to calm down a bit as the threat level from the newcomers is seemingly dropping fast, but the situation is still bigger than his brain would like...

Peter will continue his search for the Conveyor, with or without his new friends.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:17 AM   #1854
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Jachuvi indicates to the other Vutu that they should roll their pods further up the beach, though he seems a little confused why other than "I've been told its safer from the liquid".

The Vutu do that and start picking through the remains on the beach. They seem to mostly be looking for poles rather than general gear. And for creatures. One of them picks up a crab off the beach and puts it into a pouch (its still alive).

Hasan and Asad hang back, not wanting to come close to the Vutu, perhaps because they see the bodies on the beach. They head back to the first beach.

As Peter arrives on the next beach, he finds several people picking through the wreckage. They're being much more thorough than the other scavenger, and have plastic bags they're putting stuff in. They're dressed in clothes similar to what Peter found in the initial wreckage, and as he approaches, one of them calls out "White Boy!" The call is very matter of fact, in the same tone someone would call "Hello!". It looks like there are Two men, Three women, and two young kids here. Everyone but one of the kids has a machete near them.

The Vutu are wandering behind him. A solitary Pod is on this beach.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:31 AM   #1855
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter approaches and greets the new folk.

He tells him the storm brought him, probably them, and the Vutu here, and there are locals who speak old english "that-a-way" and there would likely be more on the way.

He stays out of earshot of the children as he describes the Vutu and warns them to be careful, as he thinks there was a misunderstanding as when he came upon them they had killed two men they thought were a threat.

He describes the Panchronic Conveyor's appearance and asks if they have seen it, and how far they have explored.

Peter heads over to the pod and opens it if it not already open.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:41 AM   #1856
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

A thin wiry man old enough to be Peter's father greets him, and introduces himself as "Danny".

Danny wants to know "Where you come from?". And "How you know all that?"

Danny "They kill someone? I wanna stay away then. They shoot he or chop he? That them in the water? They look funny. Where they from? We leave when they come. We no wanna be around them if they going around killing people"

Danny "We run up hill when storm wreck house. We not see people. Or big metal crate. We not go too far. we go out and come back."

What will Peter be doing when he opens the pod? What will he be holding? describe it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:11 AM   #1857
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
A thin wiry man old enough to be Peter's father greets him, and introduces himself as "Danny".

Danny wants to know "Where you come from?". And "How you know all that?"
"Hi Danny, I'm Peter and this is Goliath. I can communicate with them. I come from a place I'm thinking is a lot like where you are from, but I've been round and learned a few things."

Quote:
Danny "They kill someone? I wanna stay away then. They shoot he or chop he? That them in the water? They look funny. Where they from? We leave when they come. We no wanna be around them if they going around killing people"

"It was a tragic mistake, but I don't think it would have happened if they could communicate. They are from a world that sounds VERY different than ours."

Quote:
Danny "We run up hill when storm wreck house. We not see people. Or big metal crate. We not go too far. we go out and come back."




"There are some people searching the beach for stuff down past them. They can probably help you, and they have more people on the way, they say."

Quote:
What will Peter be doing when he opens the pod? What will he be holding? describe it.
Peter will take several paces back as the pod opens. He has a machete in hand and Goliath by his side, and he speaks in the Vutu tongue as it opens.


"Do not fear, your people are close. I have met Jachuvi and Kiju and reunited them with Chorniveebi and others... They are that way."





Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 05-09-2024 at 05:42 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:43 AM   #1858
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Hi Danny, I'm Peter and this is Goliath. I can communicate with them. I come from a place I'm thinking is a lot like where you are from, but I've been round and learned a few things."
Danny conspicuously looks Peter up and down. "You lived on island?" He sounds skeptical. "Maybe. Maybe in big nice house."


Quote:
"It was a tragic mistake, but I don't think it would have happened if they could communicate. They are from a world that sounds VERY different than ours."
Danny "They look dangerous. We will go. They must be very different. That does not mean they should go around killing."
Quote:
"There are some people searching the beach for stuff down past them. They can probably help you, and they have more people on the way, they say."
Danny: "Help? What they mean by help? What kind of people are they?"


Quote:

Peter will take several paces back as the pod opens. He has a machete in hand and Goliath by his side, and he speaks in the Vutu tongue as it opens.

"Do not fear, your people are close. I have met Jachuvi and Kiju and reunited them with Chorniveebi and others... They are that way."
Its a girl about his age... though she seems to have weapons on her as well.

She analyzes Peter and the Dog at a distance, and seems to relax.

"Castaway, but the Porba are still here." She looks around. "What clan are you? what is this place? Its very strange. What happened to you? are you sick?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:55 AM   #1859
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Danny conspicuously looks Peter up and down. "You lived on island?" He sounds skeptical. "Maybe. Maybe in big nice house."
"Oboy... Not and island, no. I meant like Earth. This storm has taken you far from home if it brought you here."

Quote:
Danny "They look dangerous. We will go. They must be very different. That does not mean they should go around killing."
Danny: "Help? What they mean by help? What kind of people are they?"
Peter describes the aliens with their spindly spaghetti fingers.
"They are not from a place like where we are. I don't know their customs, but I agree. They seemed like they would not have done it if they did not feel like they were under a direct threat."

Quote:
Its a girl about his age... though she seems to have weapons on her as well.
Please clarify... A human girl?!?
Quote:
She analyzes Peter and the Dog at a distance, and seems to relax.

"Castaway, but the Porba are still here." She looks around. "What clan are you? what is this place? Its very strange. What happened to you? are you sick?"
"I am Peter, of the Nichols clan. I was brought here by the storm, a lot like you were. I'm not sick... Do I look bad? What's your name?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:00 AM   #1860
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Oboy... Not and island, no. I meant like Earth. This storm has taken you far from home if it brought you here."
Danny: "What is this place then? Hell? Another planet? You got to be joking boy."


Quote:
Peter describes the aliens with their spindly spaghetti fingers.
Did I mention long thin fingers? I mean, they do have them...

Quote:
"They are not from a place like where we are. I don't know their customs, but I agree. They seemed like they would not have done it if they did not feel like they were under a direct threat."
Danny: "So when they feel stupid or vexed they get dangerous. They not good neighbors. We will go. Thank You for the warning."


Quote:
Please clarify... A human girl?!?
No, as I said in OCC, she is Vutu. A human would be interesting here, but I already have schemes laid out involving her."


Quote:

"I am Peter, of the Nichols clan. I was brought here by the storm, a lot like you were. I'm not sick... Do I look bad? What's your name?"
Girl : "I am Torzuchi, of the Tibu, and then the Porba. You have filaments growing from your head. And your skin is bleached."


She looks around some more "What sort of leviathan is this? I have never seen one so large. "How many more Nichols are about? How is the competition for this Jokuti*?"


She has an eye on the approaching Vutu. It seems wary.



*whalefall", gold rush, carcass struggle
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lost in dreams

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.