Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2024, 02:17 PM   #291
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Go ahead and roll first aid.
I certainly understand it could have gotten lost as it was over a week ago. But Anoras did roll First Aid for Cassandra.

Below from May 15, 2024:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
....Assuming Cassandra does want help with wounds, I'll roll First Aid.... Made the roll.
If the GM needs a second roll, the GM can roll for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How long will Anoras spend patching up Cassandra? (It takes 1 minute to bandage for 1 HP, but 30 minutes for the full effect)
30 minutes for full effect.

I doubt very much that, within a short 30 minutes, Wings and Fireball are going to risk losing more people to rescue Anoras. Especially as Wings can easily find her anyway. And they are already short-handed. And watching Wings might well be curious--is Anoras really going to try to heal everybody?
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:28 AM   #292
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

When Cassandra is healed, it will be for 3 HP. she gets 1 HP immediately.
EDIT: Those numbers were for people with 1-19HP. Cassandra heals 6 by the end, and 2 HP immediately.

As Anoras is finishing up, she hears something moving in the woods: someone is coming towards them, from the exact same direction as she came.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 05-24-2024 at 03:29 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #293
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
When Cassandra is healed, it will be for 3 HP. she gets 1 HP immediately.



As Anoras is finishing up, she hears something moving in the woods: someone is coming towards them, from the exact same direction as she came.
ericthered: Is that the exact same direction Anoras came from originally before we started tracking the attackers (i.e. Haunden), or the exact same direction she just came from (i.e. where the group with Wings, Fireball, Busan, etc. were and likely still are)?

As Anoras is finishing First Aid on Cassandra, she'll closely check the side of Cassandra's head. It will be from the side that would best block the vision of the watching crow--while whispering in Cassandra's ear.

(Anoras whispering): "Please act like you don't know. But I hear someone coming, I don't know who, from the direction of (whichever applies)."
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 03:22 PM   #294
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

"Totally. I don't hear anything so it must be really stealthy. So like should I shoot it?"
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:43 PM   #295
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Totally. I don't hear anything so it must be really stealthy. So like should I shoot it?"
(Anoras speaking) "Let's wait until we know who it is. And with you lying face down, you can lie still like you're asleep. With your eyes partially closed, you can watch. But that crow from way up there shouldn't be able to tell if your eyes are partially closed or completely closed."

Even though she's finished the First Aid, Anoras will act like she's still doing it--while subtly keeping an eye in the direction of the approaching person.

If the GM needs an roll for Anoras, the GM can roll.
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 12:07 PM   #296
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

"But it's coming from the direction like you came from so like it is probably totally an enemy and like it's really hard to fight lying down and it takes time to not be lying down"
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:19 PM   #297
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"But it's coming from the direction like you came from so like it is probably totally an enemy and like it's really hard to fight lying down and it takes time to not be lying down"
(Anoras speaking): "Sigh. OK, let me help you sit up slowly and carefully because of your injuries. But remember, some of the Venasir may be our enemies, and some may become our allies. Please let me learn who it is before we think about attacking. And let's not show that we know they're there."
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 12:35 PM   #298
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

"Okay" she lets Anoras help her sit up
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 12:53 PM   #299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
ericthered: Is that the exact same direction Anoras came from originally before we started tracking the attackers (i.e. Haunden), or the exact same direction she just came from (i.e. where the group with Wings, Fireball, Busan, etc. were and likely still are)?
The way Wings, Fireball, and Busan likely still are.


You can hear whoever it is approaching slowly... more stealthily... slowing down and spreading out.



I'm assuming Anoras is standing between them and Cassandra.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:00 PM   #300
Alden Loveshade
 
Alden Loveshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Hmm, looks like Earth, circa CE 2020+
Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm assuming Anoras is standing between them and Cassandra.
Until she gets Cassandra sitting up, Anoras would be on the side of Cassandra that's away from the approaching people. That way Anoras would be facing both Cassandra and the direction of the people.

Anoras will move to the other side while speaking quietly to Cassandra:

"Whoever they are, they're slowing down and spreading out."

After that, Anoras can stand between Cassandra and the others to block the view of what Cassandra does. Anoras will stretch and yawn as if she's been sitting and doing First Aid for half an hour (which she has). She will casually try to perceive what's going on with whoever's sneaking up.

Made Per roll.
__________________
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.