Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-23-2024, 02:17 PM   #291
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Warriors of Haunden (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Go ahead and roll first aid.
I certainly understand it could have gotten lost as it was over a week ago. But Anoras did roll First Aid for Cassandra.

Below from May 15, 2024:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
....Assuming Cassandra does want help with wounds, I'll roll First Aid.... Made the roll.
If the GM needs a second roll, the GM can roll for me.

Quote:
How long will Anoras spend patching up Cassandra? (It takes 1 minute to bandage for 1 HP, but 30 minutes for the full effect)
30 minutes for full effect.

I doubt very much that, within a short 30 minutes, Wings and Fireball are going to risk losing more people to rescue Anoras. Especially as Wings can easily find her anyway. And they are already short-handed. And watching Wings might well be curious--is Anoras really going to try to heal everybody?
Pyramid #4/4: Fantasy/Magic II! Add Sparkle To Your GURPS Game.
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves My first GURPS supplement
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:28 AM   #292
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

When Cassandra is healed, it will be for 3 HP. she gets 1 HP immediately.
EDIT: Those numbers were for people with 1-19HP. Cassandra heals 6 by the end, and 2 HP immediately.

As Anoras is finishing up, she hears something moving in the woods: someone is coming towards them, from the exact same direction as she came.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 05-24-2024 at 03:29 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:53 AM   #293
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
When Cassandra is healed, it will be for 3 HP. she gets 1 HP immediately.

As Anoras is finishing up, she hears something moving in the woods: someone is coming towards them, from the exact same direction as she came.
ericthered: Is that the exact same direction Anoras came from originally before we started tracking the attackers (i.e. Haunden), or the exact same direction she just came from (i.e. where the group with Wings, Fireball, Busan, etc. were and likely still are)?

As Anoras is finishing First Aid on Cassandra, she'll closely check the side of Cassandra's head. It will be from the side that would best block the vision of the watching crow--while whispering in Cassandra's ear.

(Anoras whispering): "Please act like you don't know. But I hear someone coming, I don't know who, from the direction of (whichever applies)."
Top 12 Clues You're a Role-Playing Old-Timer My humorous (I hope) article that also promotes SJGames/GURPS
Old 05-24-2024, 03:22 PM   #294
Kalzazz

"Totally. I don't hear anything so it must be really stealthy. So like should I shoot it?"
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:43 PM   #295
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"Totally. I don't hear anything so it must be really stealthy. So like should I shoot it?"
(Anoras speaking) "Let's wait until we know who it is. And with you lying face down, you can lie still like you're asleep. With your eyes partially closed, you can watch. But that crow from way up there shouldn't be able to tell if your eyes are partially closed or completely closed."

Even though she's finished the First Aid, Anoras will act like she's still doing it--while subtly keeping an eye in the direction of the approaching person.

If the GM needs an roll for Anoras, the GM can roll.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:07 PM   #296
Kalzazz

"But it's coming from the direction like you came from so like it is probably totally an enemy and like it's really hard to fight lying down and it takes time to not be lying down"
Old 05-25-2024, 08:19 PM   #297
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
"But it's coming from the direction like you came from so like it is probably totally an enemy and like it's really hard to fight lying down and it takes time to not be lying down"
(Anoras speaking): "Sigh. OK, let me help you sit up slowly and carefully because of your injuries. But remember, some of the Venasir may be our enemies, and some may become our allies. Please let me learn who it is before we think about attacking. And let's not show that we know they're there."
Old 05-27-2024, 12:35 PM   #298
Kalzazz

"Okay" she lets Anoras help her sit up
Old 05-28-2024, 12:53 PM   #299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
ericthered: Is that the exact same direction Anoras came from originally before we started tracking the attackers (i.e. Haunden), or the exact same direction she just came from (i.e. where the group with Wings, Fireball, Busan, etc. were and likely still are)?
The way Wings, Fireball, and Busan likely still are.

You can hear whoever it is approaching slowly... more stealthily... slowing down and spreading out.

I'm assuming Anoras is standing between them and Cassandra.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:00 PM   #300
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
I'm assuming Anoras is standing between them and Cassandra.
Until she gets Cassandra sitting up, Anoras would be on the side of Cassandra that's away from the approaching people. That way Anoras would be facing both Cassandra and the direction of the people.

Anoras will move to the other side while speaking quietly to Cassandra:

"Whoever they are, they're slowing down and spreading out."

After that, Anoras can stand between Cassandra and the others to block the view of what Cassandra does. Anoras will stretch and yawn as if she's been sitting and doing First Aid for half an hour (which she has). She will casually try to perceive what's going on with whoever's sneaking up.

Made Per roll.