Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 07-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #11
luguvalium

Default Re: In My Perfect TFT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rice View Post
*New Microquests
*New GM adventures
*Adventures focussing on Wizards with challenges specific to their abilities.
*ditto for thieves, etc.
The above.

I'm interested in seeing more adventures and settings for adventures. Flesh out the Duchy of Dran, or something similar, that gives good setups for roll playing a wide range of characters.

When I played 30 years ago, it was mostly going from one combat to another. I wouldn't mind seeing an adventures that requires no combat in order to resolve.

I wouldn't mind seeing adventures set in some historical or literary context, like Grailquest, I recall seeing The Space Gamer articles about Beowul and Vikings. I could see a Roman Republic based adventure, Warring States Period of China, Pharaonic Period of Egypt, as interesting settings for adventures.
luguvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:14 PM   #12
Jim Kane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I also want to throw into the pot for everyone's consideration, some kind of Solo Campaign system,...
Absolutely! A Sandbox/HexCrawl Rules System - for solo or group play - would be a fantastic way to expand the TFT Game-World.

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #13
lordtarim

I would love to see a way for independant fans and gamers to publish additional content for TFT going forward. Think of all the intresting homebrew rules and settings that must have cropped up over the years! I envision a set of possibly semi regular releases similar to MTG that could introduce new variations, adventure ideas and settings, possibly in a more competitive structure.
lordtarim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #14
Tolenkar

My favorite suggestions:

• A Bestiary
  • A dedicated Magazine
  • Rules for miracles (Like magic)
  • New adventures
  • A GM screen
  • Play mats (maybe mats for important rooms in Tollenkar's Lair)
  • Character cards

I would also like to see organized tournaments for both Melee and Wizard. It is a different world now than it was in 1979. Younger players are drawn to a tournament model of play. I think Melee and Wizard have that potential to capture new, younger, players if there are more tournaments.

-Tolenkar
Old 07-23-2018, 09:10 PM   #15
The Wyzard

Oh!

And overland geomorphs. Not, like, combat-scale. Hexcrawling scale.

The big maps for OGRE DE were very close to what I wanted. I want to be able to map out a fantasy campaign world by taking a bunch of different "pieces" of the map and arranging them together.

This may not be practical. But it'd be a cool adjunct to a Cidri book.
The Wyzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #16
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by luguvalium View Post
The above.

I'm interested in seeing more adventures and settings for adventures. Flesh out the Duchy of Dran, or something similar, that gives good setups for roll playing a wide range of characters.

When I played 30 years ago, it was mostly going from one combat to another. I wouldn't mind seeing an adventures that requires no combat in order to resolve.

I wouldn't mind seeing adventures set in some historical or literary context, like Grailquest, I recall seeing The Space Gamer articles about Beowul and Vikings. I could see a Roman Republic based adventure, Warring States Period of China, Pharaonic Period of Egypt, as interesting settings for adventures.
All excellent ideas that I would buy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Absolutely! A Sandbox/HexCrawl Rules System - for solo or group play - would be a fantastic way to expand the TFT Game-World.
Good point! If the solo aspects were just a part of a bigger system, that would be amazing!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #17
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

. . . use the hexes that come in Settlers?
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 AM   #18
JLV

That's actually what I was thinking about when I suggested it. ;-)

Though you'd probably want to do your own at some point.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:16 AM   #19
schoon

Hmmmm, my favorites:
  • Cidri Sourcebook
  • Bestiary
  • Another "dungeon crawl" adventure
  • "Cleric" rules for magic based on deities
schoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 05:26 AM   #20
guymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wyzard View Post
Oh!

And overland geomorphs. Not, like, combat-scale. Hexcrawling scale.

The big maps for OGRE DE were very close to what I wanted. I want to be able to map out a fantasy campaign world by taking a bunch of different "pieces" of the map and arranging them together.

This may not be practical. But it'd be a cool adjunct to a Cidri book.
Both labyrinth and overland geomorphs are on my long-term “to-do” list, either separately or as part of a larger package. Everything depends on the level of interest, of course, which at this time means on the response to the Kickstarter.