Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #311
SmokeRulz

Default Re: Member House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
I reckon you don't play Star Munchkin, right? That's exactly the Feline Race power.
Well, not quite. But I think the point is they're granting it to everyone, no Feline Race required. ;P
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #312
majikfreak

We made a new house rule for my 6 year old son.

if he has a good day at school and brings home a smiley face. He earns a d6 dice he can use in a game of munchkin. if he does it home work he gets another d6. if he does he after school chores he gets another. He can use these d6's once per game in combat in anyway he chooses.

I have felt the pain of the d6 more then once... lol
Old 04-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #313
Sawmaniac

Those munchkins I played with were sad about Kneepads of Allure being nerfed. So we made a houserule that

1) Kneepads of Allure can be used by Cleric.
2) If the owner of the KoA is NOT a halfling, their value is 1'000 GP.
Sawmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #314
Mister Ed

Coming out of another thread on keeping track of delayed effects, I have instituted a house rule that if a card causes a delayed effect, you keep it with the player it is effecting (if possible) until the effect is past, even if normal rules would dictate discarding it.

Mostly what this means is monsters with "Bad Stuff" that contains delayed effects stick with people (just as a reminder, they are not still monsters, so you can't play any cards that would be playable on monsters on them) until the effects pass, THEN get discarded, instead of getting discarded at the end of combat.

Most other cards with delayed effects already specify that they stay with you, so no problems there.

(The "if possible" in the first paragraph is intended for any oddball cases like "The Dungeon of Gender-Bending" which has the usual sex-change delayed effect, but obviously cannot be kept with a specific player until it is past since it effects everybody. I guess it would also cover other cases where multiple people are effected by the same thing, such as helpers in combat suffering the same bad stuff. In those cases, I'd keep the card out, but they'd just have to remember who it applied to, and when one person had felt the effects, they could put it by the one who was still waiting.)
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #315
Grax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
(The "if possible" in the first paragraph is intended for any oddball cases like "The Dungeon of Gender-Bending" which has the usual sex-change delayed effect, but obviously cannot be kept with a specific player until it is past since it effects everybody. I guess it would also cover other cases where multiple people are effected by the same thing, such as helpers in combat suffering the same bad stuff. In those cases, I'd keep the card out, but they'd just have to remember who it applied to, and when one person had felt the effects, they could put it by the one who was still waiting.)
We use tokens (dice or whatever is handy ~ Cthulhu Dice tokens are quite handy) to remind us that there is something still being applied to the player.

:)
Old 04-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #316
cree128

I can make up alot of house rules. I wish they would come out with a PDF with some variations.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #317
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cree128 View Post
I can make up alot of house rules. I wish they would come out with a PDF with some variations.
Well if the game creators put out house rules, then they're not really house rules anymore, are they? ;) I suppose they could take a community poll about the best house rules from this thread, but that just seems unnecessary.

But hey, if you got a lot of ideas for house rules, post them here! We'd love to read them.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #318
Mister Ed

Quote:
Well, they sort of did. I mean they released the Epic Munchkin rules for going to Level 20. And the have a faster play variation where you "Listen at the Door" before kicking it down. Those rules are available here on this site.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #319
Grax

Quote:
Now, there is the option of asking permission to COMPLETELY UNOFFICIALLY take these 30 pages of house rules and put them in some kind of order by relevance to make it easier to see things that other people are doing. I would not expect SJGames to do anything with this thread, between them already having more than enough on their plate - these would be NON TOURNAMENT rules, that would be in NO WAY linked to SJGames.. :) We as the fans with the permission of the powers that be could probably try to put something together, but I would hate to do anything without it being OK with SJGames / SJ / AH / MM . .
Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #320
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grax View Post
but I would hate to do anything without it being OK with SJGames / SJ / AH / MM . .
I'm fairly certain of this (trying to dig it up now), but when you joined these forums, you had to agree to the Terms Of Service, which say that everything you post here is property of SJG, since it's on their site. That would mean, among other things, that you can't just take the contents of this thread and distribute it. So, don't do anything like this, and don't necessarily expect that offering to do something like this will get you the permission you seek.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 04-19-2011 at 10:22 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice