Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-15-2022, 08:05 AM   #631
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I assume his response will be an exasperated "no" or something.
Yes, indeed.

There is a little bit of intentional "say that again" to waste more time, (and the wall does have some sound dampening effect) and finally the guy shouts "Let me go report that! What was the name of the guy again?!"

The next stone moved will disable the emperor.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:15 AM   #632
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I suppose even if he didn't rush off somebody would end up coming very soon. Ten minutes isn't too bad.

Quote:
There is a little bit of intentional "say that again" to waste more time, (and the wall does have some sound dampening effect) and finally the guy shouts "Let me go report that! What was the name of the guy again?!"

"Well, all I know is the name of the person he said he reported to. I think it was Cyraelian; or maybe Cyrulean? Definitely had a Cyr sound. Maybe it was Cyrill? I don't remember the last name, but I think it started with an H... Sorry I can't be more helpful."

Quote:
[396] 22-04-15 17:14:15 BST
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15
3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:29 PM   #633
the_matrix_walker

Pure gold from Halcyone!

Vassarious will help for one more minute* and then take the form of a barrier wrapping around Halcyone and the section of wall she is working on and expanding out to almost reach the foam expansion walls, presenting a secondary barrier.

Give or take... if the wall starts taking damage, V will start shifting.

((We have enough fuzzy shapeshifting rules, the effectiveness is best left to your fiat.))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:30 AM   #634
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The stone to take the emperor offline is pulled, and Vassarious begins changing shape into a protective steel barrier that is... calculating... 2 inches thick. Huh. That's in the book, and its pretty good. 112 DR, 75 HP. *

The fellow is off reporting when the emperor goes offline. Vassarious can hear it happen, Though its quite a bit more muffled for Halcyone. There is a moment of quiet, perhaps five seconds, and then a bunch of shouting. The wall isn't bothered yet, at least not immediately.

Holo-maximus appears next to the wall. "Good work. Things are going to get confusing. There is another copy of me also trying to give orders to the immortals. He's based out of Verdaze. Probably built the exact same way I am. And the conspiracy is figuring out what happened."

*I'm figuring a budget of 30 tons for applications that are really big and simple. Walls, whales, trees, and so forth.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-18-2022, 11:27 AM   #635
TGLS

Quote:
The fellow is off reporting when the emperor goes offline. Vassarious can hear it happen, Though its quite a bit more muffled for Halcyone. There is a moment of quiet, perhaps five seconds, and then a bunch of shouting. The wall isn't bothered yet, at least not immediately.
And when they do, they won't be expecting steel.

Quote:
Holo-maximus appears next to the wall. "Good work. Things are going to get confusing. There is another copy of me also trying to give orders to the immortals. He's based out of Verdaze. Probably built the exact same way I am. And the conspiracy is figuring out what happened."
"Verdaze? The high priest who started this whole conspiracy was an architecture priest on Verdaze. Are you sure this second copy of Maximus hasn't been tampered with either?"
Old 04-18-2022, 01:55 PM   #636
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious is sure that the Maximus of Verdaze is altered as the copy running the body had been, but they are unable to communicate currently, as they are a giant slab of Adamantine-Steel...

V assisted for one more minute before shapeshifting, leaving Halcyone with 8 minutes of hurried work remaining... and they have not penetrated the construction foam wall yet... not bad.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:52 AM   #637
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Verdaze? The high priest who started this whole conspiracy was an architecture priest on Verdaze. Are you sure this second copy of Maximus hasn't been tampered with either?"
"Given the orders he is trying to give the immortals, I rather suspect that he has indeed been tampered with."

Quote:
V assisted for one more minute before shapeshifting, leaving Halcyone with 8 minutes of hurried work remaining... and they have not penetrated the construction foam wall yet... not bad.
ok

Old 04-19-2022, 08:14 AM   #638
TGLS

Quote:
"Given the orders he is trying to give the immortals, I rather suspect that he has indeed been tampered with."
"Can you countermand him? Or are you worried I'm going to mess this up? Or would giving any orders to the immortals be something that the real Maximus wouldn't approve of?"

I continue to move the blocks into place.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:36 AM   #639
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Can you countermand him? Or are you worried I'm going to mess this up? Or would giving any orders to the immortals be something that the real Maximus wouldn't approve of?"

"We're both giving commands. Neither of us have the strength to overpower the immortals mentally, and none of the immortals are quite sure what we are --- so we're just trying to convince them rather than giving orders."

Old 04-19-2022, 10:22 AM   #640
TGLS

Quote:
"We're both giving commands."
"Right, you can be in two places at once. I think it's enough if you just manage to keep the immortals from doing anything. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes* to complete the fix"

*Deliberate overstatement; I need to keep a reputation as a miracle worker after all.