Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-11-2022, 10:55 PM   #551
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious is fine with being the prisoner or the immortal, Halycone can pick.
Well, I'll take the immortal. Someone might pick up on that I didn't have a prisoner when I left.

Quote:
If the guards give us trouble, we may have to try and take them out fast and prevent us from being reported. If we have to fight our way in, hopefully, they come in a trickle!
Well, I wish we wouldn't have to, but wishing for it won't do a thing. Talking it out with the emperor clearly isn't an option, so fighting is the only option left, I suppose.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #552
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
We will check in with Holo-Maximus to determine if we can pull the trigger the next day or if it has to be the following.
Tomorrow will work.

Quote:
I'd also like to check in with the home base and see if we can schedule a bunch of incursions for the same time. Just transporting some individuals to this skerry and back again during the strike to provide additional draws for Maximus' attention.
Gurdo says they can draw some attention:
"An aborted invasion is off the table, but we can sure distract his attention with scrying and sending small messages through. Any target you want him to focus on?"

Who will the prisoner be disguised as? some random person? The old woman who beat up Retifurrus?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:06 AM   #553
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"An aborted invasion is off the table, but we can sure distract his attention with scrying and sending small messages through. Any target you want him to focus on?"
"Fericus's house. If we get lucky, the emperor catches him gloating over his crimes and that really distracts him"

How many destiny points to get that lucky?

Quote:
Who will the prisoner be disguised as? some random person? The old woman who beat up Retifurrus?
I'd go with the old woman, but I'll leave it to V.
Old 03-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #554
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will let them know that scrying is fine, we just want to fuel additional distractions. He reaches back out to holo-Maximus to select higher priority targets that may not be in their attack plan to help divide the distractions as widely as possible.

I had been planning to go in looking like Halcyone, but the "old woman" form works... they are familiar with it. We'll go with that.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:32 AM   #555
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Fericus's house. If we get lucky, the emperor catches him gloating over his crimes and that really distracts him"

How many destiny points to get that lucky?
destiny points to target Fericus while he's gloating? one. That won't dictate the emperor's response though.

Quote:
Vassarious will let them know that scrying is fine, we just want to fuel additional distractions. He reaches back out to holo-Maximus to select higher priority targets that may not be in their attack plan to help divide the distractions as widely as possible.
Good thought. Holo-Maximus comes up with a distraction plan and its forwarded to the Villa. You are now using his skill for this plan rather than yours...

Quote:
I had been planning to go in looking like Halcyone, but the "old woman" form works... they are familiar with it. We'll go with that.
Does Halcyone have a "Normal" face? I suppose she probably does... or at least a collection of them.

What gear will you be bringing into the conference center for your assault on the wall?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-15-2022, 07:57 AM   #556
TGLS

Quote:
destiny points to target Fericus while he's gloating? one. That won't dictate the emperor's response though.
I can't imagine he'll be thrilled to hear it though. I think it's worth the point.
Quote:
Does Halcyone have a "Normal" face? I suppose she probably does... or at least a collection of them.
Yeah she probably has a normal face, or at least set of variations on the same basic pattern. Getting the nose right is a pain.
Quote:
What gear will you be bringing into the conference center for your assault on the wall?
Assault rifle, pistol, smart device, hard copies of the pattern, flashlights, hand truck if it isn't suspicious, note indicating that I confined Cyraelian, many cuffs, the badge... I'd say explosives but I don't see how an explosion would accomplish anything.

Last edited by TGLS; 03-15-2022 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #557
the_matrix_walker

Didn't have time to do a template today... I'll try and post it tomorrow.

Halycone can carry the flaming sword if they like... It is a nice prop, buy Vassarious can only use it at their DX default, so will be sticking to the natural weapons.

Vassarious probably shouldn't wear the heavy armor as a prisoner, so Instead of the hardshell, I'll swap for the tactical suit if the home base can get one to me or if I can get one locally...

If we can get our hands on one, a signal jammer to cut out short-range communications could be very useful, and a bunch of smoke grenades to cut those rifle sightlines would be nice.
Old 03-16-2022, 09:33 AM   #558
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I can't imagine he'll be thrilled to hear it though. I think it's worth the point.

Yeah she probably has a normal face, or at least set of variations on the same basic pattern. Getting the nose right is a pain.

Assault rifle, pistol, smart device, hard copies of the pattern, flashlights, hand truck if it isn't suspicious, note indicating that I confined Cyraelian, many cuffs, the badge... I'd say explosives but I don't see how an explosion would accomplish anything.
The point is spent.

Good to know Halcyone has a face. How will the prisoner be "secured"?

The hand truck (I grew up calling them "dolly's") isn't that big of a stretch, but it'd be a good idea to have a story with it.
Quote:
Vassarious probably shouldn't wear the heavy armor as a prisoner, so Instead of the hardshell, I'll swap for the tactical suit if the home base can get one to me or if I can get one locally...
The Villa doesn't like giving people "mismatched gear". The locals use armor that looks like TL8, not TL9. The vest we've had you wearing is concealable under clothing though...

Quote:
If we can get our hands on one, a signal jammer to cut out short-range communications could be very useful, and a bunch of smoke grenades to cut those rifle sightlines would be nice.
Smoke Grenades and Jammers are available, either by requesting them from the resistance or rolling streetwise-2.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:56 AM   #559
TGLS

Quote:
How will the prisoner be "secured"?

The hand truck (I grew up calling them "dolly's") isn't that big of a stretch, but it'd be a good idea to have a story with it.
Cuffed by the legs and hands to the dolly of course! I had to improvise when I caught her.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:04 AM   #560
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
The Villa doesn't like giving people "mismatched gear". The locals use armor that looks like TL8, not TL9. The vest we've had you wearing is concealable under clothing though...
The vest was what they had from their original world, but when they came to this world they had a TL 9 Hardshell suit that was supplied.

Previously, you had indicated...

Quote:
Body armor on Maximus is fairly advanced... its generally TL9. V is offered a tactical suit, hardshell armor, or a battle suit (all in basic).
So I just wanted to swap the one I took originally (the hardshell) for the concealable armor version that was previously offered (the tactical suit)... If you changed your mind and we're sticking to TL 8, I'll swap the basic concealable vest for the advanced vest (which is still concealable), sharp-proof pants, and a leather jacket for some limb DR.

If we have a day, I can conceivably run back to the caves for headquarters to send us a care package. If so, can they whip up armor for a four-armed template so I can steal some tentacle arms since Vassarious has learned how to do them from Halycone?

Spoiler: