Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2022, 02:13 PM   #1251
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The "Aft* Section" of deck 19 is mostly locked down and housing Daymar's old mess. The area "Aft of life support" in the fore area of deck 19 is were all of deck 19.

Which is all to say that the "party zone" of deck 19 is 19E-19F, and that's where all of the people are. There may be one or two stragglers on the rest of the deck, plus Daymar's old section locked off in 19AB (but isolated from the lasers).

*Aft means towards the back of the ship, or closer to "A".
Oops. Should try not to use lingo I'm not clear on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So F, G, and E. Hua is working on Setting the G fire with the E fire is discovered...
Can I not set (or at least stop setting) the G fire on account of panic already happening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
She must have done too good a job. A fire alert is sounded for the ship...
And thus now everyone's been alerted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
and the security troops show up almost immediately afterwards.
Have they started arresting everyone en masse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
However, the alert has spread to the control centers of the ship: Fire!
So the control centres need to approve general alarm I guess? Well either the control centres are taken or alarm will spread regardless I guess. I'll try to keep an eye out for anyone trying to get away from the security officers.
Quote:
[828] 22-03-08 21:12:43 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:29 PM   #1252
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
the second mate cowers with his hands on his head.

there is another shot somewhere in the room, and a lot of activity, but the security appear to be doing a good job against their out gunned and intimidated foes.

The control station barks a sound "One of my men in the hall saw a large detachment of security. Is there anything I need to be aware of?"
Daymar walks over to the second mate, lays his hand on him, releases his control and then attempts mental surgery.

[829] 22-03-08 22:26:37 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 6 = 15 ... success

Narrow margin of success, unfortunately, for the moment he verbally orders the second mate to remain in his position and gets one of the guards to cover him.

He then identifies the person who would be staffing the communications, and tries Suggestion.

[830] 22-03-08 22:28:09 CET

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success

Assuming that's successful, he will have the person respond and report that everything is under control here.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:02 AM   #1253
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Oops. Should try not to use lingo I'm not clear on.
"Aft" means "rear". Same root as "After", I think. For whatever reason I find it the least intuitive of the four ship directions.


Quote:
Can I not set (or at least stop setting) the G fire on account of panic already happening?
done!

Quote:
Have they started arresting everyone en masse?
They have. And you have enought to block all the entrances.

Quote:
So the control centres need to approve general alarm I guess? Well either the control centres are taken or alarm will spread regardless I guess. I'll try to keep an eye out for anyone trying to get away from the security officers.
The security officers round everyone up for "Questioning". A few of them want to help fight the fires first, but security insists on cordoning them off in a room. No one trying to get away is any good at it...


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar walks over to the second mate, lays his hand on him, releases his control and then attempts mental surgery.

Narrow margin of success, unfortunately, for the moment he verbally orders the second mate to remain in his position and gets one of the guards to cover him.
It appears to have worked, though Daymar is unsure of the effect.


Quote:
He then identifies the person who would be staffing the communications, and tries Suggestion.

Assuming that's successful, he will have the person respond and report that everything is under control here.
"We're running an operation. No, you were not informed. Operational security. Everything is running as planned."

"I'll expect a full report afterwords."

"I'll let Commander Chaputhor ..."


The second mate yells "Dreadstormers!" as loud as he can. The guard on him fires, and a laser goes right through the mate's torso.



"What's that!" The man on the other side says in alarm.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-09-2022 at 10:05 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:46 AM   #1254
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Aft" means "rear". Same root as "After", I think. For whatever reason I find it the least intuitive of the four ship directions.
I dunno, maybe I'm too used to "left before, right after". Anyway, I'll just go with A is for Aft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They have. And you have enought to block all the entrances.

The security officers round everyone up for "Questioning". A few of them want to help fight the fires first, but security insists on cordoning them off in a room. No one trying to get away is any good at it...
Well I suppose I should deal with the fire next. Are the sprinklers doing their work? Would going back to life support and evacuating the air from the compartments where there's a fire work well enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The second mate yells "Dreadstormers!" as loud as he can. The guard on him fires, and a laser goes right through the mate's torso.

"What's that!" The man on the other side says in alarm.
We shot the invisible Dreadstormer, but unfortunately Second Mate X did not survive.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #1255
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It appears to have worked, though Daymar is unsure of the effect.

"We're running an operation. No, you were not informed. Operational security. Everything is running as planned."

"I'll expect a full report afterwords."

"I'll let Commander Chaputhor ..."

The second mate yells "Dreadstormers!" as loud as he can. The guard on him fires, and a laser goes right through the mate's torso.

"What's that!" The man on the other side says in alarm.
Daymar suggests the following response, "Someone the second mate identified as a dreadstormer approached the command centre, the second mate scared him off, but was shot while doing so. The situation seems under control now, but security will need to try to track down the dreadstormer."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #1256
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I suppose I should deal with the fire next. Are the sprinklers doing their work? Would going back to life support and evacuating the air from the compartments where there's a fire work well enough?
Life support doesn't control air evacuation from compartments. That's done manually. It will work though, as will the sprinklers.... security rolls a 5 on their spacer rolls! the fire is quickly brought under control, and air vented from the relevant compartments.


Quote:
We shot the invisible Dreadstormer, but unfortunately Second Mate X did not survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar suggests the following response, "Someone the second mate identified as a dreadstormer approached the command centre, the second mate scared him off, but was shot while doing so. The situation seems under control now, but security will need to try to track down the dreadstormer."
Nice thinking!


Make any complementary rolls to improve the lie you can think of: your own military savoire-faire, leadership, fast-talk, and psychology are all good candidates.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #1257
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Nice thinking!

Make any complementary rolls to improve the lie you can think of: your own military savoire-faire, leadership, fast-talk, and psychology are all good candidates.
Of those, savoir-faire (military) is highest my skill level, so I'll use that. The roll was successful, but only had a narrow margin of success. Still, might be enough for a slight bonus.

[838] 22-03-10 18:24:43 CET

Savoir-Faire (Military)

3d6 <= 15
6 + 3 + 5 = 14 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:48 AM   #1258
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) If Pacifica wants to position to attack both of them in one maneuver using any of rapid strike, evaluate +3, telegraphic strike, and hit locations, she can go right ahead (...)
Pacifica takes a split DWA, with evaluate +3, AOA determined +4 and telegraphic +4. She attacks them from the back, and hits the skull of the guards.

Pacifica DWA 1 (Karate, PSI)
3d6 < 15
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success

Pacifica DWA 2 (Karate, PSI)
3d6 < 15
3 + 1 + 2 = 6 ... critical success

Crit. head table:
3d6
2 + 1 + 3 = 6, since it was from behind, treat as 4 (automatic major wound).

Injury 1:
(2d6+4)*4 (skull)
(1 + 4 + 4 = 9) * 4 = 36

Injury 2:
(2d6+4)*4 (skull)
(5 + 3 + 4 = 12) * 4 = 48
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 11:57 AM   #1259
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Life support doesn't control air evacuation from compartments. That's done manually. It will work though, as will the sprinklers.... security rolls a 5 on their spacer rolls! the fire is quickly brought under control, and air vented from the relevant compartments.
OK, I guess that wraps up my first task. Who's quartered in the bow area on floor 18? What's with the control center in 17I? Am I in the future relative to Daymar, or would it be possible to contact the command center to coordinate further activities? Are the missiles dumb impactors or are they explosive?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:00 AM   #1260
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Of those, savoir-faire (military) is highest my skill level, so I'll use that. The roll was successful, but only had a narrow margin of success. Still, might be enough for a slight bonus.
And the fast talk succeeds!



"I'll put the security here with me on high alert. Do you need any of them? How commander Chaputhor is doing. Is he going to make it?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica takes a split DWA, with evaluate +3, AOA determined +4 and telegraphic +4. She attacks them from the back, and hits the skull of the guards.
They both go down.


Thorpojor gives the orders, and the security squads burst in. They shout for everyone to stand up with their hands away from their desks.



The Navigation and the Gunnery officers are on duty here. They stand up and the Gunnery officer challenges: "On who's authority?". The Navigation officer is standing immediately next to a comm.



Most people are slowly standing up from their desks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I guess that wraps up my first task. Who's quartered in the bow area on floor 18? What's with the control center in 17I? Am I in the future relative to Daymar, or would it be possible to contact the command center to coordinate further activities? Are the missiles dumb impactors or are they explosive?
Navigation and sensors are quartered in the bow of floor 18. So Pacifica's section.



The control center in 17I is a back up control for fighting when all the senors and comms are broken and no longer working. Its near to a viewer port and several plasma emmiters (which can be used as airlocks) and has simple controls for the engines and some of main weapons, as well as communication links to the other command centers, the officer's quarters, motive, missiles, and the main forward lasers. It is ordinarily staffed by a skeleton squad of about eight men, commanded by an NCO. It doesn't have control of the ship unless the individual posts grant it.



There are a mix of warheads. Some are explosive, some are dumb impactors surrounded by shield-piercing gear, and there is a small stock of nuclear warheads.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.