Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #1171
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua sneaks about, getting the uniforms so the whole group can return.

Private Tithoki wonders about getting weapons for them as well.
Well let's lead them back. Once the second section is brainwashed, then we'll be ready to arm everyone and prepare to take the ship.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #1172
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica takes displacement -2 and 2 FP to boost her stealth with a +4.

Displacement:
3d6 <= 12
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success.

Stealth:
3d6 <= 19
4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success.

PD. Thanks for the information!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #1173
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Really nice roll... you needed it. Daymar finds and brainwashes the men who are awake first, then the whole group comes in slowly while daymar works his way through.

give me 28 brainwashing rolls.
Here are my brainwashing rolls, I'd like to apply Luck to the second roll (critical failure).

[781] 22-01-21 19:01:38 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 4 + 3 = 8 ... success
2: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 ... failure Luck reroll converts to 10
3: 2 + 6 + 2 = 10 ... success
4: 1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
5: 2 + 4 + 5 = 11 ... success
6: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
7: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
8: 3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... success
9: 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
10: 5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
11: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
12: 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
13: 3 + 5 + 5 = 13 ... success
14: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
15: 5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
16: 1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success
17: 5 + 6 + 1 = 12 ... success
18: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success
19: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success
20: 3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... success
21: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
22: 6 + 2 + 3 = 11 ... success
23: 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 ... failure - this one stays.
24: 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 ... success
25: 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
26: 6 + 4 + 1 = 11 ... success
27: 4 + 2 + 3 = 9 ... success
28: 2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success

[782] 22-01-21 19:03:51 CET

Luck re-roll - roll 2

3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success
2: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success

So, Daymar has a critical failure corrected by Luck, and a normal failure on the 22nd guard. The 6th and 7th guards are narrow successes, by 1, so reasonable odds that they will resist. He will warn Sargent, "My process is not perfect, you may need to restrain anyone it fails on, although as you know they've been trained to act as though it worked. Keep an eye out for anyone trying to sneak off."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #1174
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's lead them back. Once the second section is brainwashed, then we'll be ready to arm everyone and prepare to take the ship.
You make it back to the security quarters while Daymar is still brainwashing the second section. Sargent Pookivo has men pointing guns at you as you enter, but then relaxes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Stealth:
3d6 <= 19
4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success.
It wouldn't have happened without fuzzing herself to near-invisibility, but Pacifica makes it to the officer's quarters without being spotted, following behind the guards.



Which officer will they contact to first? The subverted officers are:
  • Lieutenant Jokuchi, Lasers 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Chojo, Shields 1st mate
  • Lieutenant Jivithi, Motive 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Vibibu, Life Support 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Nichapu, Missiles 1st mate
  • Lieutenant Vinobi, Navigation 2nd mate
What will you tell them, and what will you do afterwards?



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Here are my brainwashing rolls, I'd like to apply Luck to the second roll (critical failure).

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

So, Daymar has a critical failure corrected by Luck, and a normal failure on the 22nd guard. The 6th and 7th guards are narrow successes, by 1, so reasonable odds that they will resist. He will warn Sargent, "My process is not perfect, you may need to restrain anyone it fails on, although as you know they've been trained to act as though it worked. Keep an eye out for anyone trying to sneak off."

You have at least one failure... but you don't know who it is.



One man starts up and looks at Daymar as Daymar is touching him to effect his mind. "Huh?"


this is generally a bad sign.


*********************************



The Sargent nods. "We've played this game before... on the other side, but its a familiar game. You will want to minimize your contact with us and stay on high alert. The one thing we don't want is for them to reveal themselves by shooting you in the back. We'll catch them, but you are not replaceable in this mission."


What's the plan for waking up the sleepers?



Hua has returned with the prisoners.


Are you waiting for Pacifica to return with/from the officers, or will you be moving to the next step?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #1175
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You make it back to the security quarters while Daymar is still brainwashing the second section. Sargent Pookivo has men pointing guns at you as you enter, but then relaxes.
I'll herd them in with the rest of security and see if I can help keep an eye on any problems with reprogramming the other security section.
Quote:
[785] 22-01-24 16:49:17 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success
[784] 22-01-24 16:49:00 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 2 = 8 ... success
[783] 22-01-24 16:48:45 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Sargent nods. "We've played this game before... on the other side, but its a familiar game. You will want to minimize your contact with us and stay on high alert. The one thing we don't want is for them to reveal themselves by shooting you in the back. We'll catch them, but you are not replaceable in this mission."
So much for having Daymar work closely with security to take entire sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What's the plan for waking up the sleepers?
Uh, which sleepers? The random people who Daymar brainwashed earlier?

Last edited by TGLS; 01-24-2022 at 10:08 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #1176
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica reaches Vinobi, they know each other; she asks the guards to wait outside.

Sir, I just found an uprising will take place soon. You know I have been investigating this matter for a while; I think you must prepare… also, your opinion is important.

She tells Vinobi everything about the plan: Names, places, timings and numbers. If Daymar and Hua's name were kept secret, she keeps their names secret.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #1177
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

You have at least one failure... but you don't know who it is.

One man starts up and looks at Daymar as Daymar is touching him to effect his mind. "Huh?"

this is generally a bad sign.

*********************************

The Sargent nods. "We've played this game before... on the other side, but its a familiar game. You will want to minimize your contact with us and stay on high alert. The one thing we don't want is for them to reveal themselves by shooting you in the back. We'll catch them, but you are not replaceable in this mission."
The man who says 'huh?" seems a likely resister, so Daymar will attempt to affect him again. (OC: -1 skill, 1 FP for a repeated attempt).

[786] 22-01-24 22:59:15 CET
Repeated attempt at Mental Surgery, All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 15
5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success

Daymar approaches Sargent while scanning the room.

[787] 22-01-24 23:00:47 CET

Observation

3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 5 = 10 ... success

"The thing about this doing quickly is that I probably missed one or two. I can run through everyone again, but need to wait a few minutes otherwise I won't be useful to anyone. Can you keep a close eye on them while I rest?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #1178
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll herd them in with the rest of security and see if I can help keep an eye on any problems with reprogramming the other security section.
Hua's extra layer of defenses is noted.


Quote:
So much for having Daymar work closely with security to take entire sections.
your choices are still your own.


Quote:
Uh, which sleepers? The random people who Daymar brainwashed earlier?
correct: most of them are still asleep


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica reaches Vinobi, they know each other; she asks the guards to wait outside.

Sir, I just found an uprising will take place soon. You know I have been investigating this matter for a while; I think you must prepare… also, your opinion is important.

She tells Vinobi everything about the plan: Names, places, timings and numbers. If Daymar and Hua's name were kept secret, she keeps their names secret.
Is she fuzzed out while she does this?


Do Daymar and Hua want their names kept secret?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
The man who says 'huh?" seems a likely resister, so Daymar will attempt to affect him again. (OC: -1 skill, 1 FP for a repeated attempt).
The man sighs, then peers at Daymar, and says in a whisper: "we're trying to take this ship, right? what do you want me to do?"


Quote:
Daymar approaches Sargent while scanning the room.

"The thing about this doing quickly is that I probably missed one or two. I can run through everyone again, but need to wait a few minutes otherwise I won't be useful to anyone. Can you keep a close eye on them while I rest?"

"Of course. How long do you need?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:15 AM   #1179
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is she fuzzed out while she does this?(...)
No, she's talking to him just like the other day. If she had her powers on, her true persona would be revealed.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:17 AM   #1180
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
your choices are still your own.
Honestly I think it's a reasonable enough observation. I'll leave it to Daymar to decide. I guess I'll be waiting to see if anything goes down in the bunkroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Do Daymar and Hua want their names kept secret?
Hm... I'll go with 'yes'
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.